Air Travel With Cat

Old October 17th 04, 09:51 PM
Cat Protector

Yeah she has been in the car before but nothing like a 4-6 drive to Vegas. I
have a small car and she usually travels in the carrier as I am not sure I
want a cat wondering the car freely.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Barb" wrote in message
erio.net...
I would check with the airline for exactly what kind of carry-on bag would
be acceptable in the cabin. Then, If you are not allowed to bring her
into
the cabin with you definitely do not fly. Drive her. She's been in the
car
before? Four or five hours is no big deal. I have driven between New
York
and Florida with one cat and two cats and they were fine. No
tranquilizers.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Old October 17th 04, 10:57 PM
Cat Protector

I did check one airline and they allow the cat to be in the cabin but it
counts as one piece of carry on luggage. The problem with that is, the
flight makes a stop in Salt Lake City before going into Las Vegas. Though
the flight is cheaper, it does delay my travel time a bit. There is another
airline that goes non-stop into Las Vegas but it is a bit more expensive. If
I go non-stop round trip by plane it is 2 hours 20 min, rather than 8-12
hours by car. This is a first trip to Vegas for us as well. Besides the
flying or car travel does anyone have tips for the hotel stay. We'll most
likely stay at the hotel where the show is being held (will probably be for
3 days since it is a 2 day show) so if anyone has tips on having a cat in a
hotel room besides air vs car travel please feel free to post.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
There are several cat carriers that adhere to the airline regulations for
under
the seat "storage". Before you even do that, though, book the flight
where you
get confirmation that the airline allows you to travel with your cat.
Under no
circumstances EVER EVER EVER surrender your cat to the cargo area...even
if
they stand on their head and swear that it's the cargo area that's safe
for
pets....don't do it. If necessary, don't go on the flight if they don't
let you
travel with your cat. As far as being tranquilized, you'll have to
discuss
that with your vet if that's a good idea. Good luck!

Old October 18th 04, 01:38 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I did check one airline and they allow the cat to be in the cabin but it
counts as one piece of carry on luggage. The problem with that is, the
flight makes a stop in Salt Lake City before going into Las Vegas. Though
the flight is cheaper, it does delay my travel time a bit. There is another
airline that goes non-stop into Las Vegas but it is a bit more expensive.
If I go non-stop round trip by plane it is 2 hours 20 min, rather than 8-12
hours by car. This is a first trip to Vegas for us as well. Besides the
flying or car travel does anyone have tips for the hotel stay. We'll most
likely stay at the hotel where the show is being held (will probably be for
3 days since it is a 2 day show) so if anyone has tips on having a cat in a
hotel room besides air vs car travel please feel free to post.

Doesn't this sound like a lot of stress on Isis? JUST STAY HOME!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net