Do Cats Like Coffee?

Old March 7th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Do Cats Like Coffee?

"MatSav" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
In article , "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Why is a shorthaired black cat a bad sign? I've seen this sort of
anti-black cat idea from the USA before, why is this?
A cat is a cat. What difference does the colour of the coat make?

(and similar query from Joy)

Perhaps Weed negatively affected me (after all, it's only been 28 years)
but I
subsequently would sometimes encounter short-haired black cats, and
found that
they'd suddenly turn on me more than any other kind of cat. Longhaired
black
cats were either very shy or extremely nice creatures, but I learned to
be
really wary of the shorthairs. I don't think I'll ever own another one.

Just my own body of experience.

I think you were unfortunate with the temperament of said cats. Coat
colour and/or length cannot have an influence on how nice (or not) cats
are.
They are either nice or they aren't, regardless of colour etc.

I've *never* met a cat that isn't "nice". That's either because I'm a "cat
whisperer" in training, or the "un-nice" cats don't want to be met :-)

Kitty Farmcat often wasn't nice. It had nothing to do with her colour, she
was just a grumpy girl and showed me her claws often and sometimes attacked
me.
I could make the conclusion that tabby and white boys like Boyfie are always
darlings but I'm sure they are not.
Some cats are not nice, and some cats are. Their colour has nothing to do
with it.
If the cat I am waiting for happens to be black all over, that will be OK.

Old March 8th 12, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

:-)

Kitty Farmcat often wasn't nice. It had nothing to do with her colour,
she was just a grumpy girl and showed me her claws often and sometimes
attacked me.
I could make the conclusion that tabby and white boys like Boyfie are
always darlings but I'm sure they are not.
Some cats are not nice, and some cats are. Their colour has nothing to do
with it.
If the cat I am waiting for happens to be black all over, that will be OK.

I also think that whether or not a cat is nice could well have to do with
the attitude of the person involved. If a person is suspicious and edgy,
maybe even afraid, a cat is likely to sense that and go on the defensive, or
even the offensive. In that way, I think cats are a lot like people. It's
funny how people who expect others to be friendly usually find that they
are, but those who expect people to be antagonistic usually find that to be
true.

Joy

Old March 21st 12, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 12:45:52 PM UTC-5, MLB wrote:
On 03/06/2012 09:58 AM, Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In , "Robert wrote:

Not a good thing, according to this website, "Cat Poisons and Hazards".. It
says " Did you know chocolate and coffee grounds are poisonous for our cats
and dogs?

I've heard this forever, and question its validity in real life. I've had a
number of cats who like ice cream, and my current Watermelon Man eagerly
devours a little bit of mine when I have some. And it's normally chocolate of
some sort. Considering that ice cream is one of the essential food groups, I
go through a fair amount of Breyers.

As he's 17, my hypothesis is that it is unlikely to send him to an early
demise.

Art

tFrom what I have read, cats are lactose intolerant. Your cats spend
time outdoors, so you cannot be sure of how icecream affects their
digestive system. When I was young, we always gave out cats milk and
they loved it. I always thought that runny BMx were normal for cats ==
wrong! I remember once when we were having root beer floats while
sitting on the porch, I offered a dishful to our dog. He refused it
after a sniff. I playfully pushed his nose in it. After a taste, he
couldn't drink it fast enough. When we sometimes walked to an Artic
Circle for icecream cones, I always bought one for our dog too. It may
not be "good" for cats and dogs, but they love it.Best wishes. MLB

Fritzie (RB) developed a taste for yogurt in the last few years of his life--plain yogurt, the kind you gt from Indian restaurants to tone down the curry.

In , "Robert wrote:

[...]

Fritzie (RB) developed a taste for yogurt in his l;ast few years. He liked the plain stuff you get in Indian restairants. His vet said it was fine for a cat, especially a diabetic. The lactose was broken down and it didn't affect his sugar. It also made his litterbox offerings easier to deal with. The Indian joints in the area understood and after awhile gave us extra yogurt in an order so we could take it home to our boy.

Blessed be,
Elizabeth
Old March 21st 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

In , "Robert wrote:

[...]

My Rusty (RB) loved yogurt. When I finished a tub of yogurt, he
would stick his head inside the tub to lick it clean,
and getting his head stuck in the tub. I eat plain yogurt and add
fruit like blueberries to it. -- Winnie

Old March 21st 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 5, 5:33*pm, "MatSav" wrote:
I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my
friend's cat Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's
coffee mugs at a 70th birthday celebration last weekend :-)

The thought of Sarsi on caffeine will give me nightmares for the next
30 weeks or so

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furbals
Old March 21st 12, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 7, 12:45*pm, "Joy" wrote:

I think it would be very dangerous to say, "Cats like ..." or "Cat's don't
like ..." anything.

Vicky Halls (Cat behavior therapist and author) once said "If I was to
stand up in front of a group of cat lovers and say "Cats don't like
the feel of silver foil under their feet" someone would stand up and
say their cat likes nothing more than sleeping on Bacofoil""

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 24th 12, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
In article , MLB wrote:

My wife found him as a quite small kitten in an abandoned lot, and brought
him
home. A shorthaired black cat - often a bad sign.

Why is a shorthaired black cat a bad sign? I've seen this sort of
anti-black cat idea from the USA before, why is this?
A cat is a cat. What difference does the colour of the coat make?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It should not make any difference at all. Unfortunately, it does, to many
people. This dislike (and sometimes fear) seems to be rooted in
superstition. For example, black cats are always shown with witches in
Halloween pictures.

My Holly is solid black--she will be 17 years old in June, and there still
is not a single white hair on her body. She is absolutely wonderful! She
is my little shadow, my "velcro cat" who is always close to me.

MaryL

Old March 24th 12, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
In article , MLB
wrote:

My wife found him as a quite small kitten in an abandoned lot, and
brought him
home. A shorthaired black cat - often a bad sign.

Why is a shorthaired black cat a bad sign? I've seen this sort of
anti-black cat idea from the USA before, why is this?
A cat is a cat. What difference does the colour of the coat make?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It should not make any difference at all. Unfortunately, it does, to many
people. This dislike (and sometimes fear) seems to be rooted in
superstition. For example, black cats are always shown with witches in
Halloween pictures.

My Holly is solid black--she will be 17 years old in June, and there still
is not a single white hair on her body. She is absolutely wonderful! She
is my little shadow, my "velcro cat" who is always close to me.

MaryL

I've had two wonderful, and beautiful, short-haired black cats - Pyewacket
and Skeeter. They were both loves. I think if Pickles as a long-haired
black cat, but she's actually multi-color. She has a small white spot on
her chest, and a large sort of brownish area on one side. She has a very
pretty face, but she's the first cat I've had that I didn't think was pretty
overall. Her hair goes every which way. She usually won't let me brush
her, but even when I do, it just springs up again. That's okay. She's a
sweetheart anyway. And she has the neediest tummy I've ever seen on a cat.
Every time I go into the living room, that tummy needs rubbing.

Joy

Old March 29th 12, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

My wife found him as a quite small kitten in an abandoned lot, and
brought him
home. A shorthaired black cat - often a bad sign.

Why is a shorthaired black cat a bad sign? I've seen this sort of
anti-black cat idea from the USA before, why is this?
A cat is a cat. What difference does the colour of the coat make?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It should not make any difference at all. Unfortunately, it does, to many
people. This dislike (and sometimes fear) seems to be rooted in
superstition. For example, black cats are always shown with witches in
Halloween pictures.

My Holly is solid black--she will be 17 years old in June, and there still
is not a single white hair on her body. She is absolutely wonderful! She
is my little shadow, my "velcro cat" who is always close to me.

Adrian's Bagheera is black and so was his Shadow.

There is a saying here "a good horse is never a bad colour."

You just cannot say that if you had a bad experience with a particular
colour of DSH cat that they will all be the same.
Boyfie's enemy was a black cat, but could have been ginger or any colour.
KFC's hatred was for Sally-next-door-cat who was mostly white. KFC
insisted that most of Sally's orchard was hers, and Sally had no chance.
Luckily my neighbour was good about it. That's why I miss him. He died,
and his funeral was so well attended that people had to stand outside the
church.
And now, in his place, I have my drop kerb & wall people.
Tweed