Do Cats Like Coffee?

Old March 6th 12, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Default Do Cats Like Coffee?

I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my
friend's cat Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's
coffee mugs at a 70th birthday celebration last weekend :-)

--
MatSav

Old March 6th 12, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"MatSav" wrote in message
I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my friend's cat
Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's coffee mugs at a 70th
birthday celebration last weekend :-)

--
MatSav

Not sure about coffee don't drink it myself but Jammer was licking at my
diet DR pepper caffeine free soda yesterday

Old March 6th 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"MatSav" wrote in message ...

I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my
friend's cat Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's
coffee mugs at a 70th birthday celebration last weekend :-)

Not a good thing, according to this website, "Cat Poisons and Hazards". It
says " Did you know chocolate and coffee grounds are poisonous for our cats
and dogs? The active ingredient in chocolate, the thing that makes it toxic
for cats, is called theobromine. The smaller the cat the less is required
for a toxic reaction to result. Don't leave the Godiva chocolates open on
the nightstand when you go to sleep and don't dump in an accessible area the
morning coffee grounds (in my case the midnight coffee grounds)."

http://www.dwmtech.com/CATS/catpoisons.htm

Old March 6th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "Robert Catt" wrote:

Not a good thing, according to this website, "Cat Poisons and Hazards". It
says " Did you know chocolate and coffee grounds are poisonous for our cats
and dogs?

I've heard this forever, and question its validity in real life. I've had a
number of cats who like ice cream, and my current Watermelon Man eagerly
devours a little bit of mine when I have some. And it's normally chocolate of
some sort. Considering that ice cream is one of the essential food groups, I
go through a fair amount of Breyers.

As he's 17, my hypothesis is that it is unlikely to send him to an early
demise.

Art
Old March 6th 12, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 03/06/2012 09:58 AM, Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In , "Robert wrote:

Not a good thing, according to this website, "Cat Poisons and Hazards". It
says " Did you know chocolate and coffee grounds are poisonous for our cats
and dogs?

I've heard this forever, and question its validity in real life. I've had a
number of cats who like ice cream, and my current Watermelon Man eagerly
devours a little bit of mine when I have some. And it's normally chocolate of
some sort. Considering that ice cream is one of the essential food groups, I
go through a fair amount of Breyers.

As he's 17, my hypothesis is that it is unlikely to send him to an early
demise.

Art

tFrom what I have read, cats are lactose intolerant. Your cats spend
time outdoors, so you cannot be sure of how icecream affects their
digestive system. When I was young, we always gave out cats milk and
they loved it. I always thought that runny BMx were normal for cats ==
wrong! I remember once when we were having root beer floats while
sitting on the porch, I offered a dishful to our dog. He refused it
after a sniff. I playfully pushed his nose in it. After a taste, he
couldn't drink it fast enough. When we sometimes walked to an Artic
Circle for icecream cones, I always bought one for our dog too. It may
not be "good" for cats and dogs, but they love it.Best wishes. MLB
Old March 6th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Robert Catt" wrote in message

"MatSav" wrote in message ...

I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my
friend's cat Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's
coffee mugs at a 70th birthday celebration last weekend :-)

Not a good thing, according to this website, "Cat Poisons and Hazards". It
says " Did you know chocolate and coffee grounds are poisonous for our
cats and dogs? The active ingredient in chocolate, the thing that makes it
toxic for cats, is called theobromine. The smaller the cat the less is
required for a toxic reaction to result. Don't leave the Godiva chocolates
open on the nightstand when you go to sleep and don't dump in an
accessible area the morning coffee grounds (in my case the midnight coffee
grounds)."

http://www.dwmtech.com/CATS/catpoisons.htm

There's a big difference between coffee grounds and a sip or two of liquid
coffee.

Joy

Old March 6th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

No doubt some cats are lactose intolerant, just as some people are.
However, I had a cat who loved milk and never had any problems after
drinking it.

Joy

Old March 7th 12, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" wrote in message
I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my friend's cat
Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's coffee mugs at a 70th
birthday celebration last weekend :-)

The very idea! Boyfie claims he would never, ever, in his whole life, drink
from a cup or mug belonging to his meowmie. Only a bad kittie would do
this.

Old March 7th 12, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:00:09 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"MatSav" wrote in message
I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my friend's cat
Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's coffee mugs at a 70th
birthday celebration last weekend :-)

The very idea! Boyfie claims he would never, ever, in his whole life, drink
from a cup or mug belonging to his meowmie. Only a bad kittie would do
this.

Buster is such a good kitty that he never drinks from his hoomin's cup. He
just drinks from his paw, after dipping it in the cup.
Old March 7th 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote:

wrote in message
I know two who like coffee. Jon Arbuckle's Garfield, and my friend's cat
Cookie. I saw him sneaking a sip or two from guest's coffee mugs at a 70th
birthday celebration last weekend :-)

The very idea! Boyfie claims he would never, ever, in his whole life, drink
from a cup or mug belonging to his meowmie. Only a bad kittie would do
this.

Buster is such a good kitty that he never drinks from his hoomin's cup. He
just drinks from his paw, after dipping it in the cup.

That IS agood kitty MLB