What Price For Kitty?

Old February 18th 05, 09:15 AM
-L.

Janet B wrote:
On 17 Feb 2005 13:19:43 -0800, "-L." wrote:

Childless means you don't have any whether or not you ever want any.

Surely you aren't implying that ChildFREE is pro-choice and ChildLESS
is pro-life (or more to the point, ANTI-choice)?

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

As Queen would say, "NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!"

I mean exactly what I wrote. To be "childless" means you have no
children - regardless of whether or not you ever want any; anyone
without a child is childless. This differs from the term "childfree",
which connotates one who has no children and never wants any.

Neither term has anything to do with one's stance on the choice issue.
I merely stated that many (if not most) childfree people are
pro-choice.

Is that any more clear?

-L.

Old February 18th 05, 09:36 AM
Phil P.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 17 Feb 2005 08:43:15p, Phil P. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
link.net):

"Cheryl" wrote in message

See? No censorship - just a suggestion.

Phil

Yeah, but Phil, these days this group is filled with clutter
and debates and socializing banter. It's turned into a
free-for-all. I don't see the point in singling out one poster
with that remark.

That's ok, I don't mind.

Phil

Oh, and Phil? You are very knowledgable about feline issues. You
were partly what got me through Shadow's illness and I'm sure you
didn't approve that I had to put him down and that's ok. You
didn't live with him.

I'm well aware of the fact that the cat's quality life is more important
than mere survival. I don't recall flaming you for ending his suffering,
and I *very* seriously doubt I did.

I'm sad that you probably will never help me
with cat problems ever again. But this being Usenet, if I need
help and have a stumped vet again, I'll be sure to use a phony nym
and an alternate provider to ask because I'd still want to read
your thoughts about it.

I don't know why you feel that way - perhaps you would hurt the cat to spite
the owner but I surely wouldn't. I have never and will never let my
personal feelings towards an indivudual interfere with trying to help their
cat if I could.

You're not the first basically nice person I've seen Usenet turn into an
asshole. So I won't hold it against you if you ever have another problem
with a cat and need an opinion or some help or support.

Good luck.

Phil

Old February 18th 05, 10:36 AM
Phil P.

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Cheryl wrote:

Oh, and Phil? You are very knowledgable about feline issues. You
were partly what got me through Shadow's illness and I'm sure you
didn't approve that I had to put him down and that's ok. You
didn't live with him. I'm sad that you probably will never help me
with cat problems ever again. But this being Usenet, if I need
help and have a stumped vet again, I'll be sure to use a phony nym
and an alternate provider to ask because I'd still want to read
your thoughts about it.

--
Cheryl

Good God, Cheryl - this post almost made me cry. There is no way
*anyone* could rightly say you didn't do enough for Shadow. You
treated him with more love, kindness and compassion than most people
ever would dream of doing. He fought a fierce battle, and you were
right there beside him. Don't *ever* let anyone tell you otherwise.

I seriously doubt I would have flamed her after all she did - She certainly
went the distance - and then some. I dunno why she thinks I didn't approve,
maybe its because I think a lot of people euthanize their cats when there's
still a chance for a comeback. That certainly wasn't the case in her
situation.

I did, however, have a major problem with her vet and didn't understand her
sad devotion to such an incompetent and bungling vet. But I'm sure I never
flamed her or dissaproved of her ending Shadow's suffering.

Phil

Old February 18th 05, 12:30 PM
Lesley Madigan

There is always a time when it is necessary. I wish it was an option
for humans in cases where there is no hope and only suffering and
waiting.

when I had Fugazi PTS there was a trainee vet in there who said "It's
the one thing we can do for them that we can't do for us" I agree

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 18th 05, 12:33 PM
Lesley Madigan

They're running me ragged as usual. The depredations of Sammy are
chronicled at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Sammy.asp - but these are
anecdotes so might not be welcome here! ;

I looked at the site- Sammy is adorable beyond belief and the
anecdotes had me in fits of hysterical laughter! (As well as making me
remember when my two 21 months old kitties were kitties- mind you! I
suspect they still are)

Old February 18th 05, 01:35 PM
Janet B

On 18 Feb 2005 00:15:41 -0800, "-L." wrote:

Is that any more clear?

Yes - thank you! ;-D

Old February 18th 05, 03:15 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
I've seen people in rpca disagree with
one another - even do so vehemently. The
fact that they can do so without rancor,
vileness, or profanity is a testament to
their intelligence, sophistication,
tolerance, and forebearance.

You need to take off your rose colored glasses and quit lying. Some of
the folks at RPCA are quite capable of being nasty, intolerant and
vicious and have done so many times. What's more despicable is that they
can't be honest about it.

Megan.

Granted, I haven't been posting there that long - only since about June or
July of 2004 (although I was one of the original posters on rpc before the
split). However, since that time I haven't seen anyone being nasty,
intolerant and vicious (although I can't say I've read every single post
since I came back), can you give an example that I may have missed?

Hugs,

CatNipped

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 18th 05, 03:21 PM
rosie readandpost

:
: However, if the treatment is pricey, and the prognosis is crummy,
then IMO
: euthanasia makes more sense. Not solely based on the financial
aspect of the
: deal, but why put a pet through more trauma, only to have a lousy
outcome
: anyway? A lot of factors need to be taken into account, to come
up w/ the
: big-time treatment Vs. euthanasia decision.
:
: Cathy
:
:

thank you cathy

Old February 18th 05, 03:22 PM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108696084.4679bcd0f1e974b18392e61c365750ed@t eranews...
Lucky you, lucky her! It would be so different to have a big cat. I've
always had
petite girl cats. If I get to adopt any more, I think I want a great big
Maine Coon-ish
male, or a lovely Orange male. And I really want a Siamese-looking cat,
too.

I like big cats too, but I also like small ones, and medium sized one, and
black ones, and white ones, and stripey ones, and tortoiseshell one, and
Siamese, and.... well, you get my drift! ;

Mine range from Sammy (someone on rpca dubbed her Samazon) at 15+ pounds,
Bandit, 9 pounds (which I *used* to think was big), who looks like Sammy, to
sveldt little Demi, 6 pounds (gorgeous, all white, long, long hair,
magnificent ruff), to Jessie, 4 pounds (short hair tortoiseshell). You can
see them all at http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/.

By the way, I love Houston! I have a friend there and fly out every now
and
then just to visit. I love the ethnic diversity there--and might even live
there,
but I need the distinct seasons.

I like big cities along with big cats, but *man* does it get hot here - you
*don't* want to be here in August! I'd prefer Denver, CO, but DH doesn't
like snow or cold.

Hugs,

CatNipped