A Needy Siamese Cat

Old January 5th 06, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A Needy Siamese Cat

Siamese cats are not by nature a needy animal. They are aloof. Masters of
all they survey. They may permit scritches if it makes us happy and they
may even share the occasional purr. Physical closeness is also permitted
and everyone knows shared body heat is a good thing.

And of course an adult male Siamese cat is master of all he surveys. The
world is his territory. (Unless there is a female cat around and then all
bets are off)

Since Kayla arrived I have to get up early to get her outside before her
tiny little bladder bursts and to feed her before she dies of overnight
starvation. Which leads to other Kayla related things that hold a great
deal of our attention until she is locked in her crate at night.

But Jake has a good twelve hours in bed with us. I go to bed early since
she gets my up so godawful early, and Charlie sleeps late cause he is the
one that has to let the mini bladder out every three hours at night.

Jake has taken to sleeping on his back at exactly where my hand falls when I
am going to sleep. He doesn't push or beg, But I couldn't not rub his
tummy and scratch under his chin if I tried. Tonight he even had his front
paws wrapped around my hand and was rubbing his chin against the captive
hand.

Jo

Old January 5th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
Jake has taken to sleeping on his back at exactly where my hand falls when I
am going to sleep. He doesn't push or beg, But I couldn't not rub his
tummy and scratch under his chin if I tried. Tonight he even had his front
paws wrapped around my hand and was rubbing his chin against the captive
hand.

Awww! But he's still the Master, in control.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 5th 06, 09:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

Jake has taken to sleeping on his back at exactly where my hand falls when I
am going to sleep. He doesn't push or beg, But I couldn't not rub his
tummy and scratch under his chin if I tried. Tonight he even had his front
paws wrapped around my hand and was rubbing his chin against the captive
hand.///

That's one thing that I have had to make a very concerted effort to do,
and that's give attention to everyone equally and make a point of each
cat have their special scritch and petting time. HRFL sleeps on the bed
at night, and I make a point of spending a good 10 minutes before I go
to sleep just giving him complete one on one attention where my sole aim
is to have him wriggling in ecstacy as I scritch him. Cleo's special
scritch time is when I'm sitting on the toilet (Don't ask). She actually
gets REALLY pushy and demands scritches by biting my arm. Pandora gets
it when I get home from work and she's been crashed out on the bed all
day and is feeling relaxed enough to let me pet her. Lily, the stripey
hoolikitten gets it if she ever stays still enough, but usually when I'm
working on the PC, she's alongside demanding attention. I also put Lily
to bed by feeding her and shutting her in my study about an hour before
I go to bed, so that the other cats can have quality time with me
without being pushed aside by Lily.

It's very hard being a good and attentive catslave. ;o)

Helen M

Old January 5th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Aaaaaw! That is so adorable. Vino does that when I've been away for a
few days. Little love slut ;-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 5th 06, 11:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

It's very hard being a good and attentive catslave. ;o)

Especially in a multi-cat household! There's always *somebody* whining
for attention. Or pacing back and forth in front of you, between you
and the screen, or the food, or the book, or whatever.

It's relatively easy for me to give Roxy and Smudge their attention
because they're both very cuddly. But Licky, although he loves to be
petted, is also afraid of too much contact, so what he does is scrunch
down into a corner, as far away from me as possible, while still being
close enough for me to reach him - just barely. Usually I'm bent over
with my arm reaching out at some awkward, uncomfortable angle, which
doesn't predispose me to want to stay there! It's really cute to see him
try to squish himself away from me, while at the same time, assuming an
anticipatory expression while he waits to get his pets.

Luckily, like Pandora, Licky's much more cuddly when he's half asleep,
and then I can stroke him with both hands, kiss him, and hover over him,
while he purrs his monster purr.

Joyce
Old January 5th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 23:53:13 -0800, "Jo Firey" wrote:

Since Kayla arrived I have to get up early to get her outside before her
tiny little bladder bursts and to feed her before she dies of overnight
starvation. Which leads to other Kayla related things that hold a great
deal of our attention until she is locked in her crate at night.

No litter box in case she can not wait to get outside ??

Old January 5th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
Siamese cats are not by nature a needy animal. They are aloof. Masters of
all they survey. They may permit scritches if it makes us happy and they
may even share the occasional purr. Physical closeness is also permitted
and everyone knows shared body heat is a good thing.

And of course an adult male Siamese cat is master of all he surveys. The
world is his territory. (Unless there is a female cat around and then all
bets are off)

Poor Frankie *really* needs to read this. He is the neediest cat in the
world. When he wakes up, or comes inside, he has to find me, and I have
to stop what I'm doing and kiss him on his head. When I try to use the
computer, he gets on the keyboard and I have to stop and kiss him on
his head. I can't hold him, or pick him up, but I have to pet & kiss
him or he will *not* leave me alone. He won't sleep with me, but he
gets on the bed on and off, paws me in the face until I wake up and
kiss him on his head.

Sherry

Old January 5th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:46:26 +0700, "badwilson"
yodeled:

Aaaaaw! That is so adorable. Vino does that when I've been away for a
few days. Little love slut ;-)

I was away for a couple of days last week, and Stinky has been almost
undetachable from my chest ever since. I also sense a little bit of
"Nyaah nyaah, I've got Mommy" directed at Dante.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 5th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Since Kayla arrived I have to get up early to get her outside before
her tiny little bladder bursts and to feed her before she dies of
overnight starvation. Which leads to other Kayla related things
that hold a great deal of our attention until she is locked in her
crate at night.

No litter box in case she can not wait to get outside ??

I think you'll find Kayla's a puppy. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 5th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:49:04 +0000, jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:

[...]

Have you tried coaxing him to come to you with a treat that he just loves.
IMHO it is better for them to come to you instead of you trying to
reach them. I found a "cat candy" called Pitr Pat that TuTu just
loves. I give her 3 or 4 and she really comes running when I take out
the little can. MLB