Purrs for Custer

Old October 9th 10, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Purrs for Custer

nik Simpson wrote:
Long story short, I took him the vet on Tuesday for an abscess which was
treated, but he seems to have had an allergic reaction to the
antibiotic. Right now he's back at the vet with a trach-tube and being
given steroids.

Poor thing. Purrs on the way.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 9th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

Default Purrs for Custer (He's home)

glad he's home, good luck with the meds, Lee
"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Picked him up from the vet this afternoon, he's good, now the fun starts
since he's got to be pilled for the next week which is a first for him.

--
Nik Simpson

Old October 11th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_7_]

Default Purrs for Custer (update)

"nik Simpson"
nik Simpson wrote:

So far so good, the trach tube is out, he's responding to the

steroids
and breathing better. More news tomorrow.

Whew!

How do they treat an abscess if he can't have antibiotics?

The abscess responded well to being drained and looks pretty good, I
caught it before it had a chance to burst which is always good. I've just
talked to the vet this morning and he's doing much better, should be able
to go get him later today.

--
Nik Simpson

That IS good news Nick. Purrs and prayers lovingly sent from our home that
Custer continues to improve.
Thank you for keeping us updated.
Love,
Kyla and her kitties