survey: Cat sleeping places change

Old November 8th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default survey: Cat sleeping places change

Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep. They
spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon and Abby
sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in there living
room.

Ann

Old November 8th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Ann" wrote in message
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep.
They spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon
and Abby sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in
there living room.

Ours at the very least are finally willing to sleep in.

They love to be out, and evening is better than daytime. Especially after
all the people are home from work and tucked nicely into their houses.
That's cat time until the weather finally gets cold.

Can't really blame them. It is nice out after 10pm. If I were a cat I'd
want to stay out too.

Jo

Old November 8th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ann wrote:
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they
sleep. They spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening
Cinnamon and Abby sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft
side bed in there living room.

Ann

Depends on the time of day, not the time of year. Persia sleeps in her
cushy pyramid bed in the evenings until it's time for me to go to sleep.
Then she joins me on my bed During the day she snoozes in the closet
where it's nice and dark. I keep a comforter in there and she likes it just
fine.

Jill

Old November 8th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:14:37 -0500, Ann wrote:

Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep. They
spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon and Abby
sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in there living
room.

Ann

TuTu changes her daytime sleeping places frequently. At night, she sleeps
on my left side next to my head. She will often paw at the covers and ask
me to cuddle with her. She makes a great bed warmer and a wonderful
purr. MLB
Old November 9th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ann" wrote in message
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep.
They spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon
and Abby sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in
there living room.

Ann

Definitely! Most of the year, they sleep on my bed at night, although
Nanki-Poo often doesn't spend the whole night on the bed. In hot weather,
they sleep in the living room, often on the floor. During the day, it
varies, and changes every so often. Lindy used to spend much of the day on
my bed. Now she is usually on a chair or sofa in the living room, and
occasionally on the floor. Sometimes, for a change, she will sleep on a
dining room chair. Nanki-Poo spends much of the day outdoors. When he is
inside, up until recently, he would spend most of his time either in the
living room, or with me in my office. If I'm in the living room, he's
usually on my lap. Lately, though, he's been spending several hours a day
on my bed, which Lindy has forsaken, except at night.

Joy

Old November 9th 07, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Ann wrote:
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

Mine don't. Miranda has her basket on the hat rack in the hallway, where
she sleeps during the day. Caliban can't jump up there, so she can sleep
in peace and feel superior at the same time.

Caliban burrows under the cover of my easy chair to sleep during the
day. he does this all year round, so it doesn't seem to have anything to
do with being cold. probably feels safer to be under the cover. On the
island, he will burrow under a woollen blanket, however hot it is
outside. shakes head

During the night, they sleep with me, cuddled against my legs (Mir
partially *on* my legs). It can get a bit hot in the summer.

Old November 11th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Ann wrote:
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep. They
spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon and Abby
sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in there living
room.

Ann

Now that the weather's starting to warm up in this part of the world, my
gang are sleeping out in their enclosure more nights than not. But
usually one of them'll come in and keep me company. Last night it was
Violetta, the night before, Tyler. I think they have a roster system going.
Old November 12th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Ann wrote:
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep. They
spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon and Abby
sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in there living
room.

Ann

Oh, yeah, the couch is a favorite winter spot. I once got a photo of
all of my guys (at the time) on the couch one cold morning. When I had
the heated waterbed, several of them were very fond of being on it,
under it, or in the drawers grin Now that they have a few actual,
factual cat beds, I'll often find one or two of them in those.

They always find a way.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old November 12th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:14:37 -0500, Ann wrote:

Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

With the cold weather now here my 3 cats have changes where they sleep. They
spend most of the day in or under our bed. In the evening Cinnamon and Abby
sleep on the couch. Samwise will sleep in his soft side bed in there living
room.

Ann

I've seen a couple of changes since the weather has turned cooler.

Ranger used to sleep at the foot of the bed. He now sleeps under the
covers on my side of the bed.

Harri used to sleep on the futon in the front room (Nancy's office). Now
she sleeps curled up on a fleece blanket on the futon in the living room.

Old November 14th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Ann wrote:
Do your cats change where they sleep as the weather changes?

Roxie in particular gets weird about this time of the year. She's quite
insistent on sleeping in the dining room window, but that's only the milder
side of weird. She goes bats for the Christmas lights when the neighbors put
them up. She will paw at the glass and meow at those blinking lights like she
wants to hunt them, and nothing can get her out of the window to save her
extraordinarily long tail.

Sabrina has been taking steps literally, moving a step higher toward the
second floor every few days. This is major to us because when we got her, she
was so scared and traumatized from the abuse by that SOB Richard who had her
before, that she would not leave the bedroom. This business has been going on
since Odessa went into her retirement.

Stosh and Brandy, being the big ones, think they can rest anywhere they
please, and lately they have been fighting over a box of my underwear.

Blessed be,
Baha

Sleeping with the 'Nip Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 19 August 26th 05 03:25 AM
Sleeping Beauty/Sleeping Cat Eddie2005 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 15 April 28th 05 03:54 AM
Sleeping Cat Pix Bev Cat anecdotes 5 April 17th 05 10:30 AM
What to do to a sleeping cat Takayuki Cat anecdotes 23 November 12th 03 07:46 PM