Hello (+ question about neutering)

Old October 9th 03, 07:09 AM
DemoDisk

You nailed it.

A no-nonsense approach can be best, but Iso took a plunge, there, IMO.

JPM

Old October 9th 03, 09:18 AM
DemoDisk

Thanks to everyone for your sincere replies; I'm grateful that you cared.

I disagree with Iso that "It's just a cat," and "you can always get
another," but I was getting too sentimental. Getting PJ neutered seemed
like a big step and I do love the little guy.

Well, it's done. I took him at the appointed hour, and the kind nurse fussed
over him and took down the information they didn't already have. They let me
see him once more before I left; he was in the back in a "cat condo" with
other patients who were also getting fixed. His cage door said "CASTRATION."
PJ didn't have a clue...which made all my fears and sympathies worse. Guy
thing, I suppose.

The vet's called me at home very early; they'd changed the surgical schedule
and he was ready to go home. I returned with a doped-up, unresponsive tomcat
who just lay there unmoving for hours, answering me with flicks of his tail.
Gradually, he roused and got a bit to eat. Then he started checking his
places: behind the kitchen wastebasket, on top of the piano, etc. Mostly
he'd wobble a few steps, collapse and stay put. Finally, this evening he
accepted a snack and then grabbed my wrist and mildly chomped my hand.

I'm joyous; PJ's back.

Old October 10th 03, 11:26 PM
theodore gump

i get all my pet "fixed". i doesn`t change their personality one bit.
its best to get it done when they`re young. good luck with your kitty.

Old October 10th 03, 11:26 PM
theodore gump