I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

Old October 22nd 05, 04:12 PM
Christina Websell

Default I'm injured AGAIN (OT)

Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right knee.
It was a "get a painkiller instantly" moment.
It took me 20 minutes to get down the stairs - on my butt - take an
industrial strength painkiller left over from my operations and upstairs to
bed again. I took Tramadol, it did not even touch the pain. I had to phone
in to work to say I couldn't get there, I had the presence of mind to take
my phone up to the bedroom when I got my painkillers.

My new manager is good. She said I had plenty of holiday days left (we call
it "leave") that I could take a days leave and see how I was on Monday. If
you are sick on a Friday; Sat & Sun count too as sick days, even though we
don't work them.
I've been so ill over the last few years that I've used all my
sick-time-and-be-paid days up. First it was my eyes, they took 4 years to
sort out, then this ovarian cancer. So I really need to be off work now
with what seems to be a badly sprained knee! Not!
I don't know how I did it. I just woke up in pain at 5 in the morning and
it was there, I hope it's not a more sinister thing like a bone spread from
my ovarian ca. My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.
My sister-in-law drove me to the grocery shop today and to get chicken food.
She will get me to work next week somehow after she sorts out her 5 and
unders..
Am I allowed to be a bit fed up? When will I be properly healthy again??

Tweed

Old October 22nd 05, 04:55 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Purrs for your knee to get better asap. Have you seen the doctor yet? If
not, I think you should.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 22nd 05, 04:56 PM
Irulan

oh, dear, Tweed. Please go see a doctor before it gets any worse. I hope it
isn't anything serious.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old October 22nd 05, 04:57 PM
Shiral

Strong Knee Purrs coming at you, Tweed. I HOPE it's nothing worse than
a sprained knee and not more C. But a sprained knee sounds quite
painful enough in the circumstances.

Melissa

Old October 22nd 05, 04:57 PM
Gabey8

Immense purrs that you feel better immediately. But I'd also get that knee
looked at by a doctor ASAP. They can help ID what's the matter with it, if
the cause of the pain, sprain, etc isn't immediately apparent.

They can also help out with pain-relief things like ace bandages,
crutches/cane, etc, that will help you navigate on that leg until the knee
is better.

Argh on injuries. Feel better soon!

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

P.S. FWIW, my one experience with a real knee injury taught me that the
*real* pain and swelling can take a while to develop. It was a case of
going to bed thinking, "This might not be so bad, it's just a bit sore",
and waking up with a leg so painful that even touching the floor with my
foot was excruciating. I hope that's all this mystery injury is for you --
something that didn't seem to be anything at the time it happened, and
then the symptoms came along some hours later.

Old October 22nd 05, 05:12 PM
Christina Websell

"Irulan" wrote in message
oh, dear, Tweed. Please go see a doctor before it gets any worse. I hope
it isn't anything serious.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

My sis-in-law will take me to the doc if it's no better by Tuesday.

Tweed

Old October 22nd 05, 05:18 PM
Mishi

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right knee.
It was a "get a painkiller instantly" moment.

snip My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.

Hi Tweed,

Sounds like what happens to me when my rheumatoid arthritis acts up! I go to
bed fine, wake up with a swollen joint and in total pain. I have found that
using an anti-inflammatory like aspirin or ibuprophen works to relieve the
pain. Ice packs on the affected joint help alot.

I hope you feel better soon!
Patti

Old October 22nd 05, 05:43 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:18:18 +0000, Mishi wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Could I ask for a few purrs yet again? I woke up at 5 a.m. on Friday
morning with the most incredible, almost unbearable pain in my right
knee. It was a "get a painkiller instantly" moment.

snip My knee is swollen, hot and red.
My gut feeling is that it isn't. It hurts like hell though.

Hi Tweed,

Sounds like what happens to me when my rheumatoid arthritis acts up! I go
to bed fine, wake up with a swollen joint and in total pain. I have found
that using an anti-inflammatory like aspirin or ibuprophen works to
relieve the pain. Ice packs on the affected joint help alot.

I hope you feel better soon!
Patti

And a shot of cortisone does wonders, See a doctor soonest.MLB

Old October 22nd 05, 05:55 PM
Christina Websell

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Immense purrs that you feel better immediately. But I'd also get that knee
looked at by a doctor ASAP. They can help ID what's the matter with it, if
the cause of the pain, sprain, etc isn't immediately apparent.

Thanks. But, LOL! I think not. My doctors wouldn't have a clue and would
send me to Accident & Emergency at the hospital 4 miles away where I would
sit for up to 8 hours and eventually be told I have a sprain. Which I knew
already.

They can also help out with pain-relief things like ace bandages,
crutches/cane, etc, that will help you navigate on that leg until the knee
is better.

I'm using my painkillers that I had from my operation. I have a very large
stick-thingie that I call my rat-thwacker which I am using to relieve the
pain when I try to walk. I lean on it when my bad leg needs to touch the
floor. I'll be fine very soon, honestly.
I never heard of ace bandages, what are they?

Argh on injuries. Feel better soon!

I hope so.
Tweed

P.S. FWIW, my one experience with a real knee injury taught me that the
*real* pain and swelling can take a while to develop. It was a case of
going to bed thinking, "This might not be so bad, it's just a bit sore",
and waking up with a leg so painful that even touching the floor with my
foot was excruciating.

Oh yes. that's how it is right now.

.. I hope that's all this mystery injury is for you --
something that didn't seem to be anything at the time it happened, and
then the symptoms came along some hours later.

Yep, unfortunately it's so painful that I cannot drive at the moment. This
means I cannot get to work and I cannot shop for essentials, although I can
last for quite a while on what I've got in the freezer and cupboard.
I have plenty of cat food, both wet and dry too. We will all be absolutely
okay.
I wonder if it's connected from my fall off the ladder around two weeks ago.

Tweed

Old October 22nd 05, 06:32 PM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

I wonder if it's connected from my fall off the ladder around two weeks ago.

I was wondering about that, too, but this would be a very delayed
reaction. Purrs that it gets better soon.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi