Happy Birthday Kotyo!

Old May 17th 12, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Happy Birthday Kotyo!

Nadia N. wrote:

11 years ago today, a black and white little monster was born up in
Whistler, British Columbia.
https://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova...69801006612498

Happy birthday, Kotyo! Please get well - we want you to have 11 more
years.

I just looked at the photos you linked to, and he's adorable! All of
those kittens were really cute, and I love the picture of Grandpa
"nursing" them. He looks like he's enjoying it, if you ask me. The
'monster" picture is priceless. Actually, he looks a bit deranged,
with the flash in his eyes and his legs all splayed out. Cute.

Continued purrs from my two purrers, as well as a couple of virtual
shrimps. Licky, my tuxedo boy, says this: "Kotyo shouldn't have to wait
a whole year to get shrimpie treats, just because he was unlucky enough
to get sick on his birthday this year!" So maybe you could slip him a
couple once he's declared officially well - celebrate his birthday and
his health!

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old May 17th 12, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Nadia N. wrote:

Here is the most recent picture of the birthday boy - taken on Monday, a
few hours after he got his chest tube removed.

https://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova...78647832652914

It's Sylvester!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=sylv...=85 7&bih=482

(Or, if you prefer: http://tinyurl.com/dxory9c )

Poor monster - he does look baffled and somewhat unnerved. I'm so glad
he's doing better.

Old May 17th 12, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Bastette wrote:

Happy birthday, Kotyo! Please get well - we want you to have 11 more
years.

I just looked at the photos you linked to, and he's adorable! All of
those kittens were really cute, and I love the picture of Grandpa
"nursing" them. He looks like he's enjoying it, if you ask me.

They were all extremely cute, and the pictures from Petfinder didn't
even do them justice. My mom often says that we should have gotten 2 of
them instead of just one. I would have liked to have gotten all 6 :-)

The
'monster" picture is priceless. Actually, he looks a bit deranged,
with the flash in his eyes and his legs all splayed out. Cute.

He is a total nut. He does get this crazed look in his eyes when he gets
the zoomies, or when I walk in on him doing something that he knows I
wouldn't like. He has settled down a lot in the last few years, but he
still gets the zoomies from time to time and likes for me to chase him
around the house. He'll run up to me and go "mmmrrrpp?", and then when I
get up and take a step toward him he'll take off like a rocket.

Continued purrs from my two purrers, as well as a couple of virtual
shrimps. Licky, my tuxedo boy, says this: "Kotyo shouldn't have to wait
a whole year to get shrimpie treats, just because he was unlucky enough
to get sick on his birthday this year!" So maybe you could slip him a
couple once he's declared officially well - celebrate his birthday and
his health!

Thanks for the purrs, and you can tell Licky that his fellow tuxedo
monster is definitely going to get some shripmies before his next
birthday. But first he needs to recover completely. There is still an
open hole in the middle of his chest, as well as 2 tubes under the skin
to drain the air out. I am hoping that on Monday, when they take the
x-ray, they will find that everything is back to normal, and will take
out all tubes and patch up all holes in my poor baby's hide. Once all
that is healed, we will celebrate with shrimpies. But not cucumbers, I
think. I know that it wasn't really the cucumber he was eating that
caused the tear in his trachea, but right now just the thought of giving
him cucumber makes me feel like I'd be tempting fate again... So poor
Kotyo is going to be deprived of his favorite snack for the foreseeable
future. But shripmies he is definitely going to get!

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old May 23rd 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 5/16/2012 7:02 AM, Nadia N. wrote:

11 years ago today, a black and white little monster was born up in
Whistler, British Columbia.
https://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova...69801006612498

Hoppy Purrday Kotyo! There are many many fantastic story tellers here,
and you're now among them. Thanks for telling his "tail". I haven't
read here much lately but glad I stumbled upon this. BTW, two of mine
were named after GWTW, Rhett and Scarlett. They had littermates named,
of course, Ashley and Melanie.
Old May 23rd 12, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Cheryl wrote:
On 5/16/2012 7:02 AM, Nadia N. wrote:

11 years ago today, a black and white little monster was born up in
Whistler, British Columbia.
https://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova...69801006612498

Hoppy Purrday Kotyo! There are many many fantastic story tellers here,
and you're now among them. Thanks for telling his "tail". I haven't
read here much lately but glad I stumbled upon this. BTW, two of mine
were named after GWTW, Rhett and Scarlett. They had littermates named,
of course, Ashley and Melanie.

Thanks Cheryl. I have read about your Rhett and Scarlett on here before
(I mostly lurk and rarely posted until the last couple of weeks). Rhett,
Scarlett, Ashley and Melanie, oh my. Perfect names for kitties.

The only problem with having a male cat whose official name is Ashley is
that everyone who hears the name assumes he's a girl :-) Or at least
they did, back in Canada.

Here in Spain, before they got to know us at the vet's office, whenever
I would call to make an appointment for Kotyo, the conversation would go
something like this:
me: Hi, I'd like to make an appointment for my cat
vet's office: Oh, sure, what date/time?
me: gives date and time
vet's office: And what is your dog's name?
me: He's a cat and his name is Ashley.

They get so many more dogs than cats at the vet's offices here that they
just automatically call every pet a dog :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety