Lost my best friend

Old September 13th 03, 05:40 AM
Bingo

The Fur Conspiracy wrote in
:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:46:21 GMT, Rick
wrote:

Hello,

My 12-year-old cat, Edie, died this morning.

Dearest Uncle Rick;

As one of somewhat advanced years, living with a chronic
condition which is rather quicky fatal for most katzen, let me
offer my own viewpoint on passing on...

We animals know quite simply and very directly, as humans
sometimes forget, about living and life and the plan and the
Maker.

There is a Maker--all the wonder that is, is no accident nor
chaos. The Maker has a plan, and the plan has no end, and the
plan is life, and life is the plan. Life is not the living of
one or of few or even of many, but the stream and flow together
of all lives and all living--that is life and that is the plan.

Each living has its measured purpose and time. Being born to
living, and passing from it, are both part of the stream of
life--both are part of the plan, and the plan is life, and life
is the plan, and the plan is from the Maker, and the plan has no
end.

So, please, put aside your anger and grief. Look beyond one
instance of living. Look to Ms. Edie's love and what she added
to the whole stream of life, including your living.

I wish you peace and purrs,
Mr. T.S.Eliot, VC

- - -
The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. T.S. Eliot (VC), Ms. Martha-Mound (SOC, TGK), Mr.
GrowlTiger, Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]

Thanks! I don't know how much of that I belive, but I sincerely
appreciate the thought behind it. The grief is getting better,
though I still miss her being in my lap as I type this.
Old September 16th 03, 08:52 PM
Beverly Orel

Rick, I am so sorry to hear this. It's hard. It's sad. It's ridden with
"What ifs" "I should have"...and other stuff. I know. We've all been
there, and no matter what, it hurts! Edie sounds like a lovely cat, a true
friend, indeed.
It does get better in time. However, I must tell you, even if you get
another kitty(and I would guess you will), Edie will always have a special
spot it your heart.

Beverly
"Rick" wrote in message
. 17...
Hello,

My 12-year-old cat, Edie, died this morning. I lost her at 3 am this
morning, after a few agonizing hours (for
both of us, me mentally, her physically).

She had been sick recently, but after a round of anti-biotics, she
seemed to be getting much better.

But yesterday she start vomitting and crying severely, so I rushed
her to the hospital and she went down fast. I asked to see her about
an hour after I took her in and she didn't recognize me, her
breathing shallow, I feared she didn't have long. She went into
cardiac arrest 30 minutes laster.

She was the sweetest soul, human or anmimal, that I've ever known.
She was 12, but that was not long enough with her. A pretty
tortiseshell would often "washed" my hair at night and laid a gentle
paw on the back of hand as a few asleep.

I am absolutely destroyed. She didn't deserve this.

Rick

Old September 17th 03, 03:32 AM
KS

She was the sweetest soul, human or anmimal, that I've ever
known. She was 12, but that was not long enough with her. A
pretty tortiseshell would often "washed" my hair at night and
laid a gentle paw on the back of hand as a few asleep.

I am absolutely destroyed. She didn't deserve this.

Rick

Thank you, Beverley. I do have two other little lunatics, but Edie
was indeed speacial, more intimate than these two, who are special
in other ways. I never understood parents who would talk like that
about their kids, but now I do!

I just realized that Edie was a Tortie, like Spook. And they were both very
special. We both suffered great losses. I hope they've found each other at the
Bridge.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com
Old September 17th 03, 03:45 PM
Bingo

KS wrote in
:

She was the sweetest soul, human or anmimal, that I've ever
known. She was 12, but that was not long enough with her. A
pretty tortiseshell would often "washed" my hair at night and
laid a gentle paw on the back of hand as a few asleep.

I am absolutely destroyed. She didn't deserve this.

Rick

Thank you, Beverley. I do have two other little lunatics, but
Edie was indeed speacial, more intimate than these two, who are
special in other ways. I never understood parents who would
talk like that about their kids, but now I do!

I just realized that Edie was a Tortie, like Spook. And they
were both very special. We both suffered great losses. I hope
they've found each other at the Bridge.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com

Torties are special. My sister has one, too, except that she's a
*negative*! Sort of tan/grey with flecks of black and orange.
Old September 17th 03, 07:12 PM
KS

Bingo wrote:

Thank you, Beverley. I do have two other little lunatics, but
Edie was indeed speacial, more intimate than these two, who are
special in other ways. I never understood parents who would
talk like that about their kids, but now I do!

I just realized that Edie was a Tortie, like Spook. And they
were both very special. We both suffered great losses. I hope
they've found each other at the Bridge.

Kami

Torties are special. My sister has one, too, except that she's a
*negative*! Sort of tan/grey with flecks of black and orange.

We have "diluted" Torties here. I never thought much of them until I met Spook.
Now I know they are very special.

Kami

--
emayl me at furpods at mindspring dot com