Hide and seek with a cat.

Old April 9th 13, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Hide and seek with a cat.

Swazzie is slowly coming out of her shell. When I ask her she will get
up on my bed for lovin. Last night she got on my bed shortly after I
fell asleep. The only problem is she hasn't eaten anything for several
days. I put down her Science Diet (what they fed her at the shelter),
Wellness, Evo, a little deli turkey and catnip. She hasn't touched any
of it.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old April 9th 13, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

---MIKE--- wrote:
Swazzie is slowly coming out of her shell. When I ask her she will get
up on my bed for lovin. Last night she got on my bed shortly after I
fell asleep. The only problem is she hasn't eaten anything for several
days. I put down her Science Diet (what they fed her at the shelter),
Wellness, Evo, a little deli turkey and catnip. She hasn't touched any
of it.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Could she be getting into your other cat's dish and eating there? What
about hunting her own dinner?

Old April 10th 13, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

There are several different kinds of food in dishes under the edge of
the bed. Tiger is fed upstairs and usually cleans his dishes so I doubt
if Shazzie is getting any of his food. She must be eating a little
because there was a poop in the litter box this morning.

Old April 11th 13, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/10/2013 3:37 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
---MIKE--- wrote:
There are several different kinds of food in dishes under the edge of
the bed. Tiger is fed upstairs and usually cleans his dishes so I doubt
if Shazzie is getting any of his food. She must be eating a little
because there was a poop in the litter box this morning.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

That's really good news!!

Now she's stating to eat I'm sure she'll eat properly soon.

Judith

Yep, very good news. Patience, grasshopper. Swazzie will settle in.
She's adapting. It will just take a little time.

Jill
Old April 11th 13, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

To set the record straight - Her name is SPAZZIE. The other spellings
were my fault. Last night she slept on my bed most of the night. This
morning she wandered upstairs and jumped up on the sofa next to me and
cuddled. Tiger saw this but did nothing. She is a real love bug. I
still don't see any indication that she is eating but I still see some
poops in the litter box. I reduced the amount of Science Diet kibbles
in the bowl to 30. Tomorrow I will count them again to see if she ate
any.

Old April 11th 13, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

To set the record straight - Her name is SPAZZIE. The other spellings
were my fault. Last night she slept on my bed most of the night. This
morning she wandered upstairs and jumped up on the sofa next to me and
cuddled. Tiger saw this but did nothing. She is a real love bug. I
still don't see any indication that she is eating but I still see some
poops in the litter box. I reduced the amount of Science Diet kibbles
in the bowl to 30. Tomorrow I will count them again to see if she ate
any.

---MIKE---

Great news! That's excellent progress. Incidentally, Spazzie is an
interesting name. How did she get the name, and what is the significance?

MaryL

Old April 12th 13, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

---MIKE--- wrote:

Swazzie is slowly coming out of her shell. When I ask her she will get
up on my bed for lovin. Last night she got on my bed shortly after I
fell asleep. The only problem is she hasn't eaten anything for several
days. I put down her Science Diet (what they fed her at the shelter),
Wellness, Evo, a little deli turkey and catnip. She hasn't touched any
of it.

What is it with cats and not eating, all of a sudden. You, me and dkg
are all trying to coax our cats to eat SOMETHING.

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old April 12th 13, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

---MIKE--- wrote:

To set the record straight - Her name is SPAZZIE. The other spellings
were my fault. Last night she slept on my bed most of the night. This
morning she wandered upstairs and jumped up on the sofa next to me and
cuddled. Tiger saw this but did nothing. She is a real love bug. I
still don't see any indication that she is eating but I still see some
poops in the litter box. I reduced the amount of Science Diet kibbles
in the bowl to 30. Tomorrow I will count them again to see if she ate
any.

She sounds like a sweetie. Is she a clumsy sweetie?

Purrs for her to eat!

Old April 12th 13, 01:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Mary asked:

Great news! That's excellent progress. Incidentally, Spazzie is an

interesting name. How did she get the name, and
what is the significance?

I have no idea. She had been in the shelter for about a year. No
change this morning. Yesterday I put 30 pieces of kibble in the bowl.
Today there were still 30. There was a slight "dent" in the top of the
canned food portion but I can't be sure that it means anything.

Old April 12th 13, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message

Mary asked:

Great news! That's excellent progress. Incidentally, Spazzie is an

interesting name. How did she get the name, and
what is the significance?

I have no idea. She had been in the shelter for about a year. No
change this morning. Yesterday I put 30 pieces of kibble in the bowl.
Today there were still 30. There was a slight "dent" in the top of the
canned food portion but I can't be sure that it means anything.

---MIKE---

~~~~~~~~
Are you sure she isn't eating any of Tiger's food? We have all been
reassuring you, but enough time has now gone by that I can see why you are
concerned if she really is not eating. Have you weighed her to see if she
is maintaining her weight? Is she drinking normally? If you are really
sure she is not eating, and if there has been any weight loss, I think I
would take her back to the vet for a checkup. Liver damage can occur if
cats do not eat for extended periods. My own theory, though, is that she is
getting some of Tiger's food since she has the run of the house. That's one
reason I suggested checking her weight. She would have lost some weight by
now if she really is not eating. She's lucky to have you taking care of
her. Incidentally, the fact that she had been in the shelter for a year
means that your home is a huge environmental change for her, even though it
is a good one. Duffy had been in the shelter for several months when I
found him. I was able to monitor his habits because I had a separate room
for him when he first came to me, but I remember going through some of those
fears for a short time after I got him because he was not eating normally.
I checked with the shelter, and they said "he just would not eat" even
though food was in front of him. I could understand that because he had
been in a cage for several months, surrounded by the sounds of dogs barking
(not in the same area, but still loud and probably frightening to a little
cat). He soon became the most loving cat you can imagine, and he is now a
happy and active little guy. I hope the same will be true for Spazzie.

MaryL