Prince and how it is going

Old April 26th 20, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Prince and how it is going

Prince is now mine under the saddest of circumstances. I met Josh's
parents at the funeral. Luko and Mona suprised me by being well behaved
about being on a harness. I guess they have seen Prince with his and
him being excited to go out, so didn't resist the idea.

I gave his brother a ride to the funeral (only 2 hours away). He's
jobless for now due to COVID-19. His job has him travel a lot and he
will only be able to start work again when he can get to various places
(many of them overseas).

The funeral was sedate and short with social distancing. Only family
and close friends allowed.

Prince hasn't been very perky since and I think he knows what happened.
He's not homeless though. We are happy to have him but I wish the
circumstances were different.

Prince has a vet appointment next week. He's older but otherwise seems
healthy. Eating well. The only 'shot' information I have is his collar
has a rabies tag. Looks like he is good for 2 more years there. If he
was ever chipped, they may be able to find out more from that but
meantime I don't know the previous vet used.
Old April 27th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

cshenk wrote:
[...]

We're sorry for da circumstances, but glad that Prince now calls your
place his Forever Home.

Sammy
Old May 1st 20, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_3_]

On Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 5:26:42 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
[...]

We are furry glad dat yoo tookt him in.

--
Squeakytoy for her Hous
Old July 19th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Samuel Redcat wrote:

cshenk wrote:
[...]

For an update, Prince remains hale mostly and yes he was chipped but
Josh had never shifted the chip to him and his vet. I registered his
location with a Great Dane Rescue that he apparently came from. They
have several possible records they can tie him to, assuming his name
was Prince then but confusingly while the chip leads back to them, they
didn't have a record of it. They don't record Josh either (nor ex-wife)
so we've assumed he was responsibly rehomed to Josh. THey did lose
some data around 2013 (I wasn't told why) but we guess he was in there
or the chip wouldn't lead to them. Prince is a pretty common name for
GDs.

I laughed a little as they wanted to do a house check. I said sure but
Prince was willed to me in writing in front of hospital staff witnesses
so short of the fact that I don't live on a big farm, everything is
fine.

His current running partners are LaKesha and Troy. Troy is getting
ready for Navy boot camp and LaKesha for Army boot camp. Steven also
runs (marathons) and picks him up for a long morning run Saturday.
LOL, there are a few ladies who like to run nearby me and they feel
safer with a big friendly GD so he gets 'borrowed' a lot.

His feet are too big for Cash's old pink sneakers but Josh's brother
had given us his old Nikes and we added this:

https://www.chewy.com/kurgo-blaze-cr...hoes/dp/190627

This is the south, pavements are too hot for dogs so when he's running,
he wears sneakers.

I was a little worried that he was getting too thin so had the vet
review him but he said he's *perfect* and if off, he's maybe 3lbs over
but he prefers a little extra in an older dog.

Meantime, Marmaduke (movie) is a pet favorite here.
Old July 19th 20, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 4:00:11 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
Samuel Redcat wrote:

cshenk wrote:
[...]

I'm soo happy for all of you, living 'happily ever after' together as a family, and with support of friends as well.
Antee Sylvia, secretary for P2nya, who is purring as well.
Old July 19th 20, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Samuel Redcat wrote:

cshenk wrote:
[...]

He just slobbered mee! I mean, ok, I was really close to the water
bowl anna he just got a good run anna it's hot anna was there where I
got splatered by him licking up water but ...

Oh no! He slobbered me again with his tounge to say 'sorry'. hrump, I
love him but dogs can be a trial. I have to admit though, nice to
cuddle on or with at night. *sigh*, cleaning a little slobber off...

Prince looks about, all is quiet cshenk Cat community 7 April 26th 20 05:43 AM
Prince gets to take a ride to pickup Mona and Luko cshenk Cat community 24 February 29th 20 12:42 AM
3 Prince Alberts MLB Cat community 0 November 1st 08 01:09 AM
Her Frog Prince Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 3 April 14th 07 10:41 PM
True? Prince William shot and killed a cat and nothing being done? Tree Line Cat health & behaviour 4 April 20th 04 02:49 AM