(OT-mostly) Posting from The Tower

Old February 27th 05, 06:19 PM

Default (OT-mostly) Posting from The Tower

Well, my laptop finally gave me enough fits to give up and move
upstairs to the Computer Room/Kitty Rescue Room and start using this
computer to read and post from. I had to download Free Agent and get
it all configured (which took awhile -- been some time since I'd done
that, and I tend to forget things!). But here I am.

I don't much like being up here. It truly does feel like I'm isolated
in some tower. We leave the door closed since this is the isolation
room for kitty rescues and new kitties. And right now, quite frankly,
it's a mess in here (after the roof leak, a bunch of stuff from
closets had to be moved in here, and the roof leak hasn't been
resolved yet). So I'm surrounded by too much stuff. And I don't get
to listen to my soaps on TV while I read and post. And worst of all,
there aren't any kitties to jump into my lap :-(

Well, one good thing is it's helping DH. He suddenly, out of the
blue, quit smoking last Monday. Go figure -- I'm the one who's been
trying, but he just up and *does* it. So now I'm driving him nuts
with smoking, and have to try not to smoke around him. This is the
room I banished him to when I was first trying to quit, so I suppose
it's appropriate - heh.

Anyway, waving hello from The Tower!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old February 27th 05, 08:56 PM
O J

Ginger-lyn wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I don't much like being up here. It truly does feel like I'm isolated
in some tower.

---------------------snip----------------------
Anyway, waving hello from The Tower!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!

Regards and Evil Witch Cackles,
O J

PS: Not that I wish to offend any witches. DH's maternal line has had
several, and it's been a privilege to know them.
Old February 28th 05, 03:10 AM
CATherine

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:19:50 GMT, wrote:

[...]

Maybe while you are in "Purdah" in a closed, small, crowded room,
smoke might get too thick for more than one. I am trying to taper off.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Purrs for you and your pc
and smoking.

--
CATherine
Old February 28th 05, 04:45 PM

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:56:24 GMT, O J wrote:

Ginger-lyn wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I don't much like being up here. It truly does feel like I'm isolated
in some tower.

---------------------snip----------------------
Anyway, waving hello from The Tower!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!

Regards and Evil Witch Cackles,
O J

PS: Not that I wish to offend any witches. DH's maternal line has had
several, and it's been a privilege to know them.

LOL. And no offense taken by this Witch. As long as you don't steal
my rampion!

Old March 1st 05, 12:09 AM
Stormin Mormon

I'm on Microsloth. Their "outlook express" does OK with news group posts.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old March 1st 05, 10:25 AM
Adrian

[...]

Congratulations to your DH, I hope he manages not to smoke again. Now
it's your turn to quit, you can put the money you save into a fund for a
new laptop. Of course the fund will then be used for other things but at
least you'll be healthier.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 1st 05, 08:21 PM
Tanada

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'm on Microsloth. Their "outlook express" does OK with news group posts.

I love that term for it. I also love AOHell, Ads On Line, and
EarthStink (my ISP). Isn't it great that people will come up with the
correct mock name to fit the system?

Pam S.
Old March 2nd 05, 05:01 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Tanada had some very interesting things
to say about (OT-mostly) Posting from The Tower:

I'm on Microsloth. Their "outlook express" does OK with news group posts.

I love that term for it. I also love AOHell, Ads On Line, and
EarthStink (my ISP). Isn't it great that people will come up with the
correct mock name to fit the system?

Yeah, I make fun of Netscrape myself [but do use it :-)]. I prefer
Macro$loth as a description of the Redmond Mob myself. :-)

Old March 2nd 05, 04:59 PM
Stormin Mormon

Yeah, I use Outhouse Distress for my email and news reader. Internet
Destroyer for my browser.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus