Go away, Enemy Cat!

Old June 13th 04, 04:46 AM
gertrude

"Kate Orman" wrote in message
om...
I have two desexed adult male indoor-only cats. At night, a
neighbourhood cat visits our house and lurks in the front yard, often
sitting on the doorstep. This completely freaks out my pair, with lots
of banging and crashing as they jump up on things to try to get a view
of the other fellow, meowing, growling, ridiculous barking noises, and
generally waking us up. We rent, or I'd just build a fence or
something to keep the Enemy Cat out. Is there some harmless way I can
scare the intruder off?

Either let your cats outside to drive him away, or leave food for the
intruder to quiet him down.

Old June 13th 04, 07:39 PM
J. Marz

"gertrude" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Kate Orman" wrote in message
om...
I have two desexed adult male indoor-only cats. At night, a
neighbourhood cat visits our house and lurks in the front yard, often
sitting on the doorstep. This completely freaks out my pair, with lots
of banging and crashing as they jump up on things to try to get a view
of the other fellow, meowing, growling, ridiculous barking noises, and
generally waking us up. We rent, or I'd just build a fence or
something to keep the Enemy Cat out. Is there some harmless way I can
scare the intruder off?

Either let your cats outside to drive him away, or leave food for the
intruder to quiet him down.

You forgot the part about picking it up by the scruff of the neck and
bashing its brains out against a rock wall.

Old June 13th 04, 08:35 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Gertrude, some people do not live on a remote KY farm, as you've stated you
do in another thread, they live in highly populated areas where cats are at
risk of getting run over, tortured by miscreants, and mauled by stray dogs
and/or cats - maybe that's why he why he keeps his cats indoor. That's the
reason I keep mine indoors.

Kate, I hope you DO NOT follow 'gertrudes' advice. I myself know of no good
solution to get the visiting cat to leave (aside from trapping it and taking
it to the local shelter), but I know 'gertrudes' suggestions are NOT the
answer.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"gertrude" wrote in message
link.net...

Old June 14th 04, 04:59 AM
Tracy

I always find that if I simply go outside for a moment than a visiting
cat will usually run away, unless we've gotten to know each other. Why
not go outside and just shoo the cat away? It will eventually find
other places to go without shooing humans. It probably just sees your
cats through the window and is curious about them.