Animals cannot be disappointed.

Old May 8th 05, 06:55 PM
Rudy Canoza

dh@. wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2005 17:17:45 GMT, "Joanne" wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:03:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Animals experience disappointment Goo. Almost any
child with a dog could tell you about it. It doesn't mean
that all animals can, but it does mean some of them
can.

Definitely true of parrots. Billy, my Severe Macaw makes a disappointed
vocal when he wants to come out to play and I have to walk away without him.
It's not a scream for attention; it's a quick, low vocalization of
disappointment without doubt.

It's not too surprising, though I had wondered if birds experience it.

They don't. She is anthropomorphizing.
Old May 8th 05, 07:00 PM
Rudy Canoza

dh@. wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2005 16:52:02 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

dh@. wrote:

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:03:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

wrote:

Yes they can.
I did write that, and it's true.

You write lots of ****, virtually all of it false. You
****ing bonehead.

Animals experience disappointment

No, they don't.

The writings of Charles Darwin on the web
by John van Wyhe Ph.D.
[...]
I formerly possessed a large dog, who, like every other dog, was much
pleased to go out walking. He showed his pleasure by trotting gravely
before me with high steps, head much raised, moderately erected ears,
and tail carried aloft but not stiffly. Not far from my house a path branches
off to the right, leading to the hot-house, which I used often to visit for a
few moments, to look at my experimental plants. This was always a great
disappointment to the dog,

Projection, pure and simple.
Old May 8th 05, 07:47 PM
dh@.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 17:52:37 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

dh@. wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2005 17:31:07 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Joanne wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:03:59 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:
Animals experience disappointment Goo. Almost any
child with a dog could tell you about it. It doesn't mean
that all animals can, but it does mean some of them
can.

Definitely true of parrots. Billy, my Severe Macaw makes a disappointed
vocal when he wants to come out to play and I have to walk away without him.
It's not a scream for attention; it's a quick, low vocalization of
disappointment without doubt.

Bull****.

She is quite likely to be a good and decent person

That's lovely. She still said some bull****, though.

You are projecting. It's called
anthropomorphization: the projection of human
characteristics onto non-human things.

LOL!!! For one thing Goo

****wit, we have been through this befo YOU are
the goober. "Goober" is an insult and slur against
stupid ****witted southern rednecks, and YOU are the
stupid ****witted southern redneck. YOU are the
Goober. Don't make this mistake again.

Goo is short for Goober. Goober is short for Goobernicus.
You are Goobernicus Gonad. You "think" you are a genius
and know everthing, so you don't try to learn, so you're really
ignorant, and ignorant because you're too stupid to know it.

you are the LAST person who
could possibly have a clue about something like that

No, ****wit. I am the one who knows about this.

You don't even know what the hell we're talking about.
Goobernicus.

You
didn't even know the word "anthropomorphization" until
I told it to you, and it's doubtful you even really
know what it means now.

Some animals experience disappointment, and you are
too stupid to realise it. Recognition of the fact is not
anthropomorphism. This fantasy however, is:

"it were unseemly for me, who am to-day a pig, and to-morrow
but ham and sausages, to dispute with a master of ethics, yet
to my porcine intellect..."

I should have been keeping a list of your lies that I have
exposed over the years. It would be huge. Here again I'll
expose you as a liar, with this example of me pointing out
that your "AR" fantasy is an incredible example of
anthropomorphism:
Subject: exposing Jonathan Ball & Dutch as "ARAs"
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:23:05 GMT

we now have
absolute proof that both Dutch and the Gonad are "ARAs" who accept
the beliefs of one of the earliest fathers of the "AR" concept, and one
of the earliest promoters of vegetarianism. That early father of "AR" was
Henry S. Salt. Here is absolute proof that they both accept Salt's beliefs
....this particular incredibly anthropomorphic example is from a fantasy that
they consider to be the position of pigs:
It would appear that you learned the term from me, and are
now trying to apply it to a situation that is not anthropomorphic.
I certainly hope no one who reads your lies is stupid enough
to believe them Goo.
Old May 8th 05, 07:48 PM
dh@.

wrote:

Yes they can.
I did write that, and it's true.

You write lots of ****, virtually all of it false. You
****ing bonehead.

Animals experience disappointment

No, they don't.

The writings of Charles Darwin on the web
by John van Wyhe Ph.D.
[...]
I formerly possessed a large dog, who, like every other dog, was much
pleased to go out walking. He showed his pleasure by trotting gravely
before me with high steps, head much raised, moderately erected ears,
and tail carried aloft but not stiffly. Not far from my house a path branches
off to the right, leading to the hot-house, which I used often to visit for a
few moments, to look at my experimental plants. This was always a great
disappointment to the dog,

Projection, pure and simple.

LOL!!! Goobernicus Gonad says that Darwin was projecting. This is classic!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....!
Old May 8th 05, 08:07 PM
Dutch

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:08:24 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

It's irrelevant. Farming an animal for food disqualifies you
from claiming a moral bonus from the fact that the animal
"experiences life".

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. The only feeling akin to morality you are
permitted to experience is gratitude towards that animal
for losing it's life for you .

You don't get to kill and eat them and
also feel smug that you 'allowed them the privilege of life'.

I can feel good that animals get to experience a decent
life

Yes, you can be happy that they have a decent life
rather than a indecent life, not that they "get to experience life".

This kind of "double-dipping" is intuitively distateful to anyone
with a moral compass, something you evidently lack.

So do you apparently, because you think you get a moral
bonus for being beyond inconsiderate, to the point that
you OPPOSE consideration of what the billions of animals
get out of the arrangement.

I vehemently oppose consideration of what animals
"get out of the arrangement". What a disgusting turn
of phrase, "the arrangement.."

And you do it for the purely
selfish reason that it disturbs you that people raise animals
for food.

No, it disturbs me that there are people that are
not satisfied to simply exploit animals for food
and other products, but demand a moral gold
star for it as well.

Old May 8th 05, 09:15 PM
Rudy Canoza

Joanne wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...

[...]

And YOU are the only Goober here, ****wit. It is an
insult aimed at stupid, ****witted rednecks: aimed at
YOU, in other words.

You are the Goober.

I know EXACTLY what we're discussing, Goober****wit.

You didn't even know the word "anthropomorphization"
until I told it to you, and it's doubtful you even
really know what it means now.

Some animals experience disappointment

NO animals except for humans experience disappointment.
Old May 8th 05, 09:16 PM
Rudy Canoza

_______________________________________________ __________

What's funny, Goober****wit?
Old May 8th 05, 09:29 PM
dh@.

On Sun, 8 May 2005 12:07:29 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:08:24 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

It's irrelevant. Farming an animal for food disqualifies you
from claiming a moral bonus from the fact that the animal
"experiences life".

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. The only feeling akin to morality you are
permitted to experience

LOL! That is hilarious coming from a purely selfish ass
like yours.

[...]

It disturbs the hell out of you when someone considers
the animals, because you only care about yourself.
Old May 8th 05, 09:29 PM
dh@.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 20:15:57 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

NO animals except for humans experience disappointment.

We've been here before Goo. If animals can experience
disappointment, then you have no clue about reality. Some
animals do experience disappointment, so you have no clue
about reality.
Old May 8th 05, 09:39 PM
Rudy Canoza

dh@. wrote:

On Sun, 8 May 2005 12:07:29 -0700, "Dutch" wrote:

No, it disturbs me that there are people that are
not satisfied to simply exploit animals for food
and other products, but demand a moral gold
star for it as well.

It disturbs the hell out of you when someone considers
the animals

No, Goober****wit. It bothers him that you only
pretend to consider the animals while desperately
trying to rationalize something you do purely for your
own self interest.