We have another pregnant Visitor

Old May 23rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default We have another pregnant Visitor

On 23 May, 17:13, Lis wrote:
On May 23, 10:21 am, sheelagh wrote:

It looks like the season has begun in earnest. this is a little (BIG)
Girl who turns up for every all of her meals. I found her in the shed
this morning, fast asleep & nesting there too. I have taken food out
there to her, because I don't think she belongs to anyone around here.
I have tried shooing her way, & also looking where she goes when she
has finished eating too( Our Shed!!)....

We have placed an ad in most of the shop windows & displayed this
photo in most public places around here, but no one has responded so
far. She seems very friendly, & she isn't underweight, & she seems
very well groomed, ( mind you, she seems to take care of that
herself!!). I am fairly certain that she is looking for somewhere safe
to have her kittens, but I am worride that someone out there must be
really worried about her out there- I know that I would be if she
belonged to me...
Any advice any one?

S;o)

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sheela...herVisitorAPre...

I will only say, post pictures and contact shelters and vets further
afield than you think is reasonable. A friend's cat got out and went
missing for over a month, before a woman who lived on the other side
of a major highway that wasn't all that close to begin with, happened
to come in to the store on the near side of the highway that they'd
put one of their posters in--and called them to say, I think I've been
feeding your cat.

No one could figure out how Angus had gotten that far without getting
killed.

Lis- Hide quoted text -

I have a similar worry in this case. Our village is a small one, but
it is just 2 minutes away from one of the biggest motorways in the
country; The A1M(highway?)..

She looks like she has belonged to someone. Once you have taken a few
queens on with thier kittens, you get to know who the abandoned ones
are, & who the lost ones are, through sight & feeling. I just had
another thought too. I called the council, who take care of dead
animals( ie: found on the side of the A1M, because it does happen
occasionally if they stray too far;o(, & I have also called the cat
protection league, the nearest shelter as well as the RSPCA. I can't
think what else to do. I have got to the stage where there are hardly
any rooms left in this stable, & I have taken on so many cats
recently, that it would be difficult to offer another one a full time
home. If no one comes for her until the kittens are ready to home, I
will have to try and home her as well...Still that is looking long
term, I should have a bit more faith in people...

( unfortunately, I don't have any faith in humans since doing the
rescue bit... humans can be calculatingly cruel @ times) Horrid to the
point of unfit to on cats too!!. I have done everything that I can do.
I have to be honest, the kids were not that impressed when I handed
them a 100 leaflets each to push through people's front door's, but
they knew better than to moan, Lol ;o) However, they have done it..I
only had to remind them of how they would feel if something happened
to one of our cats. It was enough to get them off thier bum's and to
get them out with the leaflets after school today.

I really do hope that we find her real slave's in the not too distant
future. I know that if she were my cat, I would be having kittens
right now if she had disappeared just before kittening. It's not
having her that worries me, it is more their slaves that I am worride
about, because I am certain that she has some, somewhere....
Let you know if someone turns up....
S;o)