Ping Phil All the cats in the house are sick

Old October 7th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

Default Ping Phil All the cats in the house are sick

They have been to a vet and he's running blood and stool tests.
The vet doesn't have a clue yet. I get the blood results today and the
stool tests in 5 days. I'm posting here to discover if anyone else has
had the problem. I am syringing chicken broth down their thoats all
the time as well as antibiotics and a high calorie vitamin mix

Here is the problem in detail.

Five healthy cats ranging in age from 10 months to 11 years
simultaneously stopped eating and drinking. They are indoor cats up to
date with their shots. They were not poisoned, did not ingest a toxin
of any kind. This has to be a bacteria, protazoa or virus.

Anyone have an idea?
Old October 7th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

With me living in a high heat and humidity state I would Look for mold

Are you sure they have not been poisoned it could have been a cleaning
agent you used flea treatment

Check your water sources also-----------

Call another vet ASAP tell them the symptoms

Old October 7th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

The water is pure. The only flea treatment they ever had was Revolutin
on the back of their necks. I do not leave drugs or cleaning agens or
anything out in the open. I have no dangerous houseplants, I have
checked this carefully.

I live in a low heat high humidity temperate rain forest climate. Mold
is possible. Some bizzare allergy?

The second vet is a done deal.

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:14:31 -0400, "Matthew"
wrote:

With me living in a high heat and humidity state I would Look for mold

Are you sure they have not been poisoned it could have been a cleaning
agent you used flea treatment

Check your water sources also-----------

Call another vet ASAP tell them the symptoms

.. .

Old October 7th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote

Anyone have an idea?

If they are indoor cats why do they need Revolution?

Old October 7th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

John what have they ate in the last few days. Any human food???

Not saying you have but could have they come in contact with a surface
that you cleaned. I am not there so I am going through all possibilities
even though you said you checked all possibilities. An outside source
looking in never hurts

The water is pure you mean filtered water, bottle water or tap water. If
it is filtered they might have a overload of certain minerals minor to use
but can effect them beyond belief

Remember the Pet Food recall. I lost My Spirit to those *******s I would
check the web if they re eating canned or dry food to see if there is a
recall http://www.foodsafety.gov/

Good luck John I will say a prayer for them and get the pack to send some
purrs

wrote:

With me living in a high heat and humidity state I would Look for mold

Are you sure they have not been poisoned it could have been a cleaning
agent you used flea treatment

Check your water sources also-----------

Call another vet ASAP tell them the symptoms

. ..

Old October 7th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote

Anyone have an idea?

If they are indoor cats why do they need Revolution?

Cyber my cats are inside they get flea treatments also. Fleas travel
specially here in Florida they find there way inside

Old October 7th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:27:39 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote

Anyone have an idea?

If they are indoor cats why do they need Revolution?

In case I track in fleas and it also protects against heartworm. We
have mosquitoes here.
Old October 7th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

I'll doublecheck the cat foods, but they don't have access to each
other's foods so this can't be the cause.
The water is really good. Tapwater that has been filtered. We have no
industry here so no industrial or agricultural pullution in the water
supply. Also nobody elese has this.

Old October 7th 09, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB[_2_]

John Ross Mc Master wrote:
They have been to a vet and he's running blood and stool tests.
The vet doesn't have a clue yet. I get the blood results today and the
stool tests in 5 days. I'm posting here to discover if anyone else has
had the problem. I am syringing chicken broth down their thoats all
the time as well as antibiotics and a high calorie vitamin mix

Here is the problem in detail.

Five healthy cats ranging in age from 10 months to 11 years
simultaneously stopped eating and drinking. They are indoor cats up to
date with their shots. They were not poisoned, did not ingest a toxin
of any kind. This has to be a bacteria, protazoa or virus.

Anyone have an idea?

Has anybody in the neighborhood been spraying or fertilizing lawns?
Sending purrs that they will recover and that you discover the cause of
the illness. MLB
Old October 7th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Ross Mc Master

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:16:43 -0600, MLB wrote:

John Ross Mc Master wrote:
They have been to a vet and he's running blood and stool tests.
The vet doesn't have a clue yet. I get the blood results today and the
stool tests in 5 days. I'm posting here to discover if anyone else has
had the problem. I am syringing chicken broth down their thoats all
the time as well as antibiotics and a high calorie vitamin mix

Here is the problem in detail.

Five healthy cats ranging in age from 10 months to 11 years
simultaneously stopped eating and drinking. They are indoor cats up to
date with their shots. They were not poisoned, did not ingest a toxin
of any kind. This has to be a bacteria, protazoa or virus.

Anyone have an idea?

Has anybody in the neighborhood been spraying or fertilizing lawns?
Sending purrs that they will recover and that you discover the cause of
the illness. MLB

Nobody here does more lawn maintenance than mowing. Except me. I
sprayed broadleaf week killer 2 weeks ago. But never anywhere remotely
near the door, maybe 50 feet off. I only sprayed a 2 square foot area.
The Killex got stored away from the cats, who never, ever go outside
anyways.

Good lateral thinking though! There has to be some cause of this mess.
Blood panel results will be in by 6PM Pacific unless something goes
wrong at the lab.