Kitty Farmcat has lost her appetite

Old December 17th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Kitty Farmcat has lost her appetite

exactly why I posted what I did, thanks, Lee
wrote in message
On Dec 17, 7:49 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message

I disagree with the fact that one way is more or less humane than

another,
Lee

Ah. Have you seen chickens that are being bred for market? Do you know

how
they "process" cows?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but this is a thread about Kitty Farm
Cats Health. KFC is someone we are all very worried about, as is
Tweed.

Please don't hijack this particular thread by discussing the pros and
cons of the meat industry.

Thanks
Helen M

Old December 18th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Since yesterday. This panics me because of her CRF and her great age.
I have been down this road before with my old dogs, of offering tempting
little morsels of various wonderful foods, only to have them rejected and
for me to get more and more despairing as they reach end-stage CRF.

Big huge purrs coming KFC's way to find her appetite again.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old December 18th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Stormmee" wrote in message

I disagree with the fact that one way is more or less humane than
another,
Lee

Ah. Have you seen chickens that are being bred for market? Do you know
how
they "process" cows?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but this is a thread about Kitty Farm
Cats Health. KFC is someone we are all very worried about, as is
Tweed.

Please don't hijack this particular thread by discussing the pros and
cons of the meat industry.

Thanks

It was my fault, Helen, posting about "who could deal with a pheasant with
all it's feathers on?" Maybe we can discuss this another time.
It's OT, I know but I find it interesting that my colleagues seem to be
divorced from how their meat gets to their plate so much that they find that
it "grosses them" if I tell them that I plucked and gutted a pheasant to
feed my sick cat. Or indeed if I plucked and gutted one for me ;-)
Better not tell them about the supermarket chickens then..

Tweed

Old December 19th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

I asked my colleagues what they would do if they were presented with a brace
of pheasants "still in the feather" as we call it. It varied from "scream
loudly" through "faint" to "throw them away." Not one even considered
preparing them for the table. They said it was *gross*
I suppose it seems like that if everything meat-wise they buy comes in neat
pieces from the supermarket or oven-ready chickens.

Yep, we city folk are pretty spoiled in that way. But it's a weird
contradiction, isn't it? On one hand, we're grossed out by a dead
animal that is very clearly an *animal* - still having its head, skin,
feathers, or whatever else it had in life. On the other, we're all too
happy to eat the dead animal when it's been cleaned and cooked.

Oh yes, I freely admit that I'm a child of the modern world. If I
ever had to go survivalist, I'd have to become a
vegetarian. As far as I'm concerned, meat comes on a styrofoam plate,
covered in plastic. I don't want to see
what it used to be! LOL

Jane
Old December 22nd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

Since yesterday. This panics me because of her CRF and her great age.
I have been down this road before with my old dogs, of offering tempting
little morsels of various wonderful foods, only to have them rejected and
for me to get more and more despairing as they reach end-stage CRF.

Kitty cannot afford not to eat. She is getting frailer and frailer, as all
CRF patients do as their damaged kidneys excrete more protein than they can
take in. I know she did this once before a few months ago but with purrs
she came back so I am asking for a few more, please.

Yesterday, because she didn't want to eat by evening, I bought her some
lactose-free milk which she drank. I could only get semi-skimmed, I wanted
to get full-fat to get some calories into her. but apparently full fat
lactose free milk is not made. Dammit.
She only licked at her breakfast of fish pate this morning which she
normally loves. She spent the day mostly asleep in front of the fire and at
one time my heart nearly stopped when I checked on her, I thought she was
dead - by her position and expression.
She ate maybe a tablespoon of chicken this evening, but hey I have a
pheasant cooking in the oven that my neighbour gave me and she has always
loved pheasant.

Yeah, I know :-(((((

Tweed

Lots and lots of purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek