Incoming storms

Old March 21st 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Incoming storms

Okay in London we never get anything like the extreme weather everyone
in the States gets but we have been warned of snow and storms for the
Easter weekend and they're starting to hit us now, It's really windy
outside and dumping rain.

Dunzi loves this. She is on her perch by the bedroom window looking
out at it and when it stopped for a bit she came into the living room
and yowled her complaint at this fact at us

And Sarsi, our big punk kitten? At the first howl of wind she went
under the sofa and even through the wind has dropped and she has come
out- she's sitting very close to Daa-dee and watching his every move

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 21st 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 21, 11:34*am, outsider wrote:

It's been cold (for the date) and very windy the last few days. *I leave
the window in the cats room open a bit

I wouldn't dare! The pub over the road has scaffolding up and Dunzi is
looking interested in that direction

For what happened the last time a window was left slightly too open
and Dunzi and scaffolding were involved I direct you to:

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/cattrick.html

I still shudder at the memory!

Old March 21st 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
Okay in London we never get anything like the extreme weather everyone
in the States gets but we have been warned of snow and storms for the
Easter weekend and they're starting to hit us now, It's really windy
outside and dumping rain.

Dunzi loves this. She is on her perch by the bedroom window looking
out at it and when it stopped for a bit she came into the living room
and yowled her complaint at this fact at us

And Sarsi, our big punk kitten? At the first howl of wind she went
under the sofa and even through the wind has dropped and she has come
out- she's sitting very close to Daa-dee and watching his every move

It's been gale force winds here too for the last couple of days about 100
miles north of you, enough to have the garden furniture flying around.
Some heavy wintery showers this afternoon. A decent amount of snow
predicted for tomorrow.
Boyfie is using the litter boxes which is unusual for him. Poor lad tries
to go out - he prefers the big outside toilet - but soon comes back inside,
but he will try again in a while just to see if there is a door into summer.
I am up and down like a fiddlers elbow letting him in and out. Meow,I want
to go out - meow, I want to come in.
Kitty FC, as always since she got very old, is oblivious. She is tucked up
by the fire, she never notices bad weather, but if she spots some sunshine
she will sometimes go into the conservatory to catch a few rays. The best
rays are to had up high and to get them she jumps on to the vegetable rack,
then on to the freezer and then scales up wire netting to get to the top of
a wall unit where the best sunshine is. She did this last week. I could
not find her and I was frantic. There she was after an hour of looking for
her.

Sometimes I think I underestimate her because she is frail and the vet says
she has a touch of kitty dementia.

It does not help because she cannot meow when I call for her, all she can
do is open her mouth and a tiny "wah" sound comes out - she's always been
like this.

I'm with Sarsi. Get your head down until the weather improves.

Brits are wimps about extreme weather because we don't get it often. We
hate snow. The whole country grinds to halt if we get 4 inches overnight.
When my German friend N was visiting me one January, it snowed and she said
"why is snow on the BBC TV news?"

We Brits know why...( she said darkly) ;-)

Tweed

Old March 21st 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 21, 1:23*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Kitty FC, as always since she got very old, is oblivious. *She is tucked up
by the fire, she never notices bad weather, but if she spots some sunshine
she will sometimes go into the conservatory to catch a few rays. *The best
rays are to had up high and to get them she jumps on to the vegetable rack,
then on to the freezer and then scales up wire netting to get *to the top of
a wall unit where the best sunshine is. *

Dunzi and Sarsi both love the tops of our new kitchen cupboards for
the same reasons. Guess it makes up for the new windows, which don't
have the nice bit in the middle for them to lie on and catch the Sun
and the fact that Dave, the cruel b***ard replaced their nice warm
sleeping place with a flat monitor!

I'm with Sarsi. *Get your head down until the weather improves.

I'm with Sarsi I just had to pop to the shop over the road and the
heavy signs are all down and I got hit by a carrier bag with some
fairly heavy rubbish in it which was flying about. Now I am in and
nothing short of a fire is getting me out again

Old March 21st 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Okay in London we never get anything like the extreme weather everyone
in the States gets

Actually, you do. North London is one of the most hazardous places
in the UK for weather damage to buildings. Like last year's tornado.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 21st 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

my parents live on the town in MO that is on the news where the flooding
was, Piedmont MO, Lee

Old March 21st 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
Okay in London we never get anything like the extreme weather everyone
in the States gets but we have been warned of snow and storms for the
Easter weekend and they're starting to hit us now, It's really windy
outside and dumping rain.

Dunzi loves this. She is on her perch by the bedroom window looking
out at it and when it stopped for a bit she came into the living room
and yowled her complaint at this fact at us

And Sarsi, our big punk kitten? At the first howl of wind she went
under the sofa and even through the wind has dropped and she has come
out- she's sitting very close to Daa-dee and watching his every move

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We've had wind, rain and snow all day. When I went out to feed Shadow at
lunch time I had touble holding the door the wind was so strong. I'm happy
to say he was dry and comfortable in his summer house. It's hard to believe
today is the first day of Spring. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 21st 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Lesley wrote in news:ed9ba99c-5443-4864-b797-
:

On Mar 21, 11:34*am, outsider wrote:

It's been cold (for the date) and very windy the last few days. *I

leave

the window in the cats room open a bit

I wouldn't dare! The pub over the road has scaffolding up and Dunzi is
looking interested in that direction

For what happened the last time a window was left slightly too open
and Dunzi and scaffolding were involved I direct you to:

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/cattrick.html

I still shudder at the memory!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That'll add a few gray hairs! Luckily my windows are jalousie widows
with screens in front of them and at ground level so I can open them a
bit to let the air in but no way a cat can leave. The funny part of your
story is what Dunzi did when she got back in cause that is just what I
would do in her situation (ahem).

Andy
Old March 21st 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote in
:

Okay in London we never get anything like the extreme weather
everyone in the States gets

Actually, you do. North London is one of the most hazardous places
in the UK for weather damage to buildings. Like last year's tornado.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k ===
http://www.campin.me.uk ==== Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange
EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739 557 CD-ROMs and free stuff:
Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Yeah, remember not all places in the states get _all_ extreme weathers.

Bucky doesn't do storms Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 7 July 6th 07 09:18 PM
Storms and cats [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 13 June 17th 06 01:46 AM
More storms Marina Cat anecdotes 3 November 16th 05 08:39 AM
More strong storms Pat Cat anecdotes 9 November 15th 05 09:55 PM
Cats and Electrical Storms Gizela Cat anecdotes 24 January 24th 04 03:43 PM