Security Gate!

Old August 15th 03, 12:51 AM
Lois Reay

Default Security Gate!

My Builder John has just left (Bev's equivalent to Ted!) he has installed a
gate for me half way up the stairs.
After Zhara fell (or was pushed) through the railings a few weeks ago and
landed downstairs very hurt, I didn't want to take the risk of it happening
again, I got John up to size up the situation, we came up with a few
possibilities, this solution being the least invasive, it is a solid gate
about five feet high, fingers crossed that it works!!!

I am without kittens at the moment, the last one went to her new home about
five weeks ago, new babies start to arrive mid September, I needed the gate
up before then as I don't want the new kids to know anything about
*upstairs*

Lois & Crew

Old August 15th 03, 05:57 AM
Jo Firey

"Lois Reay" wrote in message
My Builder John has just left (Bev's equivalent to Ted!) he has installed a
gate for me half way up the stairs.
After Zhara fell (or was pushed) through the railings a few weeks ago and
landed downstairs very hurt, I didn't want to take the risk of it happening
again, I got John up to size up the situation, we came up with a few
possibilities, this solution being the least invasive, it is a solid gate
about five feet high, fingers crossed that it works!!!

I am without kittens at the moment, the last one went to her new home about
five weeks ago, new babies start to arrive mid September, I needed the gate
up before then as I don't want the new kids to know anything about
*upstairs*

Lois & Crew

Very glad to hear that and hope it works well. When we got out first Siamese, we
learned that one of his brothers had fallen down some stairs and died. Still make me
sad to think of it. They were in Alaska (summer time) and when we picked Sam up, he
and his litter mates were happily gnawing on the hindquarter of a caribou in the
garage.

Jo

Old August 15th 03, 07:50 PM
Bev

Lois Reay wrote:

My Builder John has just left (Bev's equivalent to Ted!) he has installed a
gate for me half way up the stairs.
After Zhara fell (or was pushed) through the railings a few weeks ago and
landed downstairs very hurt, I didn't want to take the risk of it happening
again, I got John up to size up the situation, we came up with a few
possibilities, this solution being the least invasive, it is a solid gate
about five feet high, fingers crossed that it works!!!

I am without kittens at the moment, the last one went to her new home about
five weeks ago, new babies start to arrive mid September, I needed the gate
up before then as I don't want the new kids to know anything about
*upstairs*

Lois & Crew

Good thinking Lois, you so nearly lost your lovely kitten.
I mentioned it to B & C and they laughed aloud. They reckon five feet
high would have been a piece of cake for them lol.

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old August 16th 03, 03:40 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jo Firey wrote:

Very glad to hear that and hope it works well. When we got out first Siamese, we
learned that one of his brothers had fallen down some stairs and died. Still make me
sad to think of it. They were in Alaska (summer time) and when we picked Sam up, he
and his litter mates were happily gnawing on the hindquarter of a caribou in the
garage.

A DEAD caribou, I assume? (Can't imagine a live one ignoring all those
feline teeth!)