One new Kitty Farmcat photo

Old August 24th 05, 12:45 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:01:52 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
Christina Websell wrote:

Yes, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I need to get an AC power adapter
for
it though - it wasn't included - as it takes a lot of juice from the
batteries uploading. I went back to town yesterday to get one, but the
shop
didn't have one, gave me a card with "where to get accessories from" but
no
luck there either.

Would strongly recommend getting 2 sets of rechargeable batteries +
battery charger instead, if the price is similar - then you have them if
you want to take it away with you anywhere where an AC adaptor would not
be practical. Also more ecologically sound than using disposable batts
all the time - and economical. I got mine from Maplin online - very
reasonable.

Deb.
--

I'm planning on doing this, but I'd still like an AC adapter too. Uploading
just drains batteries too much.

I have a woodburner as my main heat source, I compost almost everything or
recycle it in some way. I burn a lot of what I can't and the ashes get dug
back into my garden as potash. It's hardly worth the refuse collectors
calling to empty my bin.

(Unlike my next-door neighbour, 2 adults, one child aged 2 nearly 3, still
in disposable nappies) Their bin is just not big enough for them and they
asked me if they could put some nappies in my almost empty bin. I said no.
Firstly, their child is old enough to be toilet trained, and I told them
that, but said if you want to keep your boy in nappies, why not take
advantage of the service that provides towelling nappies, collects the dirty
and wet ones, and brings them all clean and fresh back to your house at no
more cost than disposables?
That didn't go down well. We are still friends, though phew it is such a
bad idea to fall out with your next-door neighbour! They are still not
allowed to put the nappies in my almost empty bin though. I told them they
need to reduce their waste. I was a little sneaky too. I told them that
disposable nappies were such a disaster for the environment that it can

I am (in)famous for going around turning lights off at work that I think
aren't necessary.

I can see that you have a sermon all ready to preach for any audience
or any situation, no matter how trivial.

Charlie

Old August 24th 05, 02:08 AM
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Awww, she's beautemous (or however that's spelled). How is Boyfriend
doing in his naughty corner?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Well, of course I let him out of it, it was only a virtual one anyway. He
can't be expected to know what he should and shouldn't catch. He likes
hunt and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Moths are his big
interest
at the moment.
He's done mousies and little rats, but moths are cool, wicked and all
that
now. "See me wiv dis moffie!.."

Tweed

Hee-hee. Leonidas, when he used to go out, loved to hunt moths. He
brought me one that I have never been able to identify. I "think" it
may have been a death's head moth, but had not heard that they were
around this area. It was huge though, when the wings were in the
"resting" position it was probably 3 inches across (7.62 centimeters),
and it appeared that there was a "skull" like marking when the wings
were together (resting?). Have never seen one since (or before).

Oh, I knew you couldn't keep the handsome young man in a corner
(virtual or otherwise). It's that sweet little face, when they look up
at you with those big, sad eyes, and suddenly it's your fault (whatever
they did). I know *all* about that!

Smokie Darling (Annie) - the beasts (large and small) like to bring me
crickets, and those things just give me the heebie-jeebies!

This is a death's head hawk moth:
http://www.andynewman.org/html/body_...ead_skull.html

Is that like what you saw?

Tweed

Old August 24th 05, 03:18 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:08:33 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
roups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

MOTH TEA

Ingredients:

About 10 dull color NO PATTERN moths (I have found that all dull
colored moths are edible, while some with patterns can be slightly
poisinous... but if you find otherwise, tell me!)
2 cups water
Salt to taste (optional)

Preparation:

Pull wings and legs off the moths, don\'t tear the body!
Boil 2 cups of water however you can, I like spinning one up, and
boiling the water in live oakbark.
Throw moths in boiling water for 2min.
Add salt if need be.

Note: This is high in protien and DARN good tasting. As far as I am
concerned, I could drink 1 double the bugs cup as a meal!

http://www.nativetech.org/food/MothTea.html