One new Kitty Farmcat photo

Old August 20th 05, 10:54 PM
Christina Websell

Default One new Kitty Farmcat photo

at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Old August 20th 05, 10:56 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Awww, she's beautemous (or however that's spelled). How is Boyfriend
doing in his naughty corner?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old August 20th 05, 10:57 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:54:34 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

She looks fantastic.

Theresa
Old August 20th 05, 11:59 PM
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Awww, she's beautemous (or however that's spelled). How is Boyfriend
doing in his naughty corner?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Well, of course I let him out of it, it was only a virtual one anyway. He
can't be expected to know what he should and shouldn't catch. He likes to
hunt and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Moths are his big interest
at the moment.
He's done mousies and little rats, but moths are cool, wicked and all that
now. "See me wiv dis moffie!.."

Tweed

Old August 21st 05, 02:24 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Awww, she's beautemous (or however that's spelled). How is Boyfriend
doing in his naughty corner?

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Well, of course I let him out of it, it was only a virtual one anyway. He
can't be expected to know what he should and shouldn't catch. He likes to
hunt and there's nothing I can do to stop him. Moths are his big interest
at the moment.
He's done mousies and little rats, but moths are cool, wicked and all that
now. "See me wiv dis moffie!.."

Tweed

Hee-hee. Leonidas, when he used to go out, loved to hunt moths. He
brought me one that I have never been able to identify. I "think" it
may have been a death's head moth, but had not heard that they were
around this area. It was huge though, when the wings were in the
"resting" position it was probably 3 inches across (7.62 centimeters),
and it appeared that there was a "skull" like marking when the wings
were together (resting?). Have never seen one since (or before).

Oh, I knew you couldn't keep the handsome young man in a corner
(virtual or otherwise). It's that sweet little face, when they look up
at you with those big, sad eyes, and suddenly it's your fault (whatever
they did). I know *all* about that!

Smokie Darling (Annie) - the beasts (large and small) like to bring me
crickets, and those things just give me the heebie-jeebies!

Old August 21st 05, 02:54 AM
Bill Stock

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

What a sweetie!

Old August 21st 05, 04:28 AM
Charlie Wilkes

wrote:

at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

Insect Cheese Dip

1 cup boiled insects OR sauteed mealworms
1 container of cream cheese
1 T mayonaise
Chopped roasted red pepper -- the more the better (or you can use it
raw but I like it roasted)
Roasted garlic -- the more the better
salt & black pepper to taste (I prefer course ground pepper)
red pepper or dash of hot sauce (if your guests like hot food)

Boil the insects (crickets, grasshoppers, etc) or sautee the
mealworms. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonaise. Blend
well until you can stir easy...this can give your wrist a workout. Add
just enough mayo to make the cream cheese really soft. If you are
having trouble, add a little lemon juice but be careful not to get it
too soft. Add in spices and veggies and stir well. Last but not least,
add insects and stir gently. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before
serving. Serve with chips and/or raw veggies.

Note: Boil insects alive with a little salt and pepper...and a little
lemon if you have it. Do not use dead insects as postmortem (like
other arthropods we eat, such as lobsters) is very rapid in insects
and they will taste aweful.

http://www.naturenode.com/recipes/r_insect_dip.html
Old August 21st 05, 04:29 AM
Marina

Awww. She looks a lot like Nikki.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 21st 05, 11:27 AM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

She's looking good. Was that taken with your new camera?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 21st 05, 03:54 PM
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
at
http://www.possibleplaces.com/Tweed/

She's looking good.

Not bad for an old 'un!

Was that taken with your new camera?

Yes, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I need to get an AC power adapter for
it though - it wasn't included - as it takes a lot of juice from the
batteries uploading. I went back to town yesterday to get one, but the shop
didn't have one, gave me a card with "where to get accessories from" but no
luck there either.
I probably won't upload any more until I can get the mains adapter. It's a
steep learning curve for me, and I want to experiment with various ways of
uploading to the web to share pics without keep bothering poor patient Lori
to put them up for me, thanks Lori ;-) I need to have my camera plugged in
to the PC for this. I can almost hear it draining the batteries g I've
already had to change them..

I know a lot of you have probably had digital cameras for ages and it's all
old hat and taken for granted. However, this is my very first one and I
have wanted one for ages but having so much illness over the last 5 years
and being off work I dare not spend anything that was not absolutely
necessary.

The money for it came to me in an unexpected and miraculous way via this
group which I don't want to expand on. Also some extra so I don't have to
gives me more time to recover which has taken a weight off my mind.
This group is truly..what? Caring, generous, sympathetic, all that and
more. I would say wonderful and unique.

Tweed