Entertaining Guests With Mommy

Old November 10th 04, 10:30 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:49:57 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
wrote:

This was priceless. =o) Now that Nina is four months old, she's treating me
to some of the same fun as Sammy has been treating you. Especially when she
decides to climb the Mommy Tree, when the Mommy Tree is cooking or washing
dishes. Ten little claws in the butt or on my back is an all too familiar
sensation.

Sounds long it won't be long before she's old enough to start the
ambush from above routine.

Once my Sammy got big enough to scale the hoomin, she starteed using
me as a ladder to get to high cupboards and the top of the fridge.
Course almost immediately she started leaping onto me if I forgot she
was up high and walked by.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old November 11th 04, 04:51 AM
Marina

Melissa Houle wrote:
This was priceless. =o) Now that Nina is four months old, she's treating me
to some of the same fun as Sammy has been treating you. Especially when she
decides to climb the Mommy Tree, when the Mommy Tree is cooking or washing
dishes. Ten little claws in the butt or on my back is an all too familiar
sensation.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Melissa, but this behaviour doesn't
necessarily go away after kittenhood. Just the other day, I was standing
at the wardrobe with the door open and looking for something to wear.
Nikki was weaving around my legs, wanting to be lifted onto the high
shelf in the wardrobe. When I ignored her, she suddenly leapt on my back
and started scaling me to get up to the shelf. OWWWWW! Luckily I was
wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, or it would have been even worse.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 11th 04, 05:04 AM

Marina wrote:

...Nikki was weaving around my legs, wanting to be lifted onto the high
shelf in the wardrobe. When I ignored her, she suddenly leapt on my back
and started scaling me to get up to the shelf. OWWWWW! Luckily I was
wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, or it would have been even worse.

And she's a lot heavier than a 4-month-old kitten!! Ouch!

Joyce

Old November 11th 04, 06:15 AM
Melissa Houle

Dan M wrote in message ...
This was priceless. =o) Now that Nina is four months old, she's treating

me
to some of the same fun as Sammy has been treating you. Especially when

she
decides to climb the Mommy Tree, when the Mommy Tree is cooking or

washing
dishes. Ten little claws in the butt or on my back is an all too

familiar
sensation.

Melissa

In Harri's case, it's climbing the Papa tree. We havent quite mastered
the concept of hopping into my lap from the floor of hte truck, and must
still climb. Wouldn't be too much of a problem, except I wear shorts
while I'm driving Consequently my right leg is pretty well shredded
and my khaki shorts have lots of blood stains on the right side. I think
I'll start wrapping a towel around that leg until we master the jumping
thing.

Dan

I've got some honorable scars and half-healed scratches, I can tell you. Old
blood stains, the works. A person would think I'd been living with a Kodiak
Bear if they could see my lower thighs right above the knee. =o) Luckily,
Nina is getting more power in her hind legs, so getting a sudden lap full
of kitten is not as painful as it was about a month ago. But my neighbors
must think I'm possessed by an evil spirit named "Ninaaaaaaaaa!!!!!" as
that's about how I sound when when I shriek her name when she climbs up my
back.
Melissa