Cats!

Old April 30th 12, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Cats!

My cats have a box full of assorted toys, which they hardly ever play with.
A few days ago, I bought them three catnip mice. I think Waffles played
with one of them for a minute or two.

This morning, I saw Pickles playing with more enthusiasm than she has shown
in a long time. I wondered if a real mouse might have gotten in, so I
looked to see what had her so excited. It appeared to be a big wad of cat
hair! After she finished playing, I picked it up to dispose of it, and
realized that it was a mat that had been on her underside for some time.
I'd have removed it long ago, but if I pick up scissors, or even a brush,
she runs. I'm glad she managed to get rid of it herself. I guess she was
celebrating.

--
Joy

'If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do
read the newspaper you are misinformed.'
Mark Twain

Old May 1st 12, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Joy" wrote:
My cats have a box full of assorted toys, which they hardly ever play with.
A few days ago, I bought them three catnip mice. I think Waffles played
with one of them for a minute or two.

This morning, I saw Pickles playing with more enthusiasm than she has shown
in a long time. I wondered if a real mouse might have gotten in, so I
looked to see what had her so excited. It appeared to be a big wad of cat
hair! After she finished playing, I picked it up to dispose of it, and
realized that it was a mat that had been on her underside for some time.
I'd have removed it long ago, but if I pick up scissors, or even a brush,
she runs. I'm glad she managed to get rid of it herself. I guess she was
celebrating.

Thanks for making me smile.

--
Adrian
Old May 1st 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Joy
wrote:
My cats have a box full of assorted toys, which they hardly ever play
with. A few days ago, I bought them three catnip mice. I think Waffles
played with one of them for a minute or two.

This morning, I saw Pickles playing with more enthusiasm than she has
shown in a long time. I wondered if a real mouse might have gotten in,
so I looked to see what had her so excited. It appeared to be a big
wad of cat hair! After she finished playing, I picked it up to dispose
of it, and realized that it was a mat that had been on her underside
for some time. I'd have removed it long ago, but if I pick up scissors,
or even a brush, she runs. I'm glad she managed to get rid of it
herself. I guess she was celebrating.

Both Sweep (RB) and Sophie (RB) used to get those wads. Sometimes I
managed to cut them out but it used to take several attempts, a bit at a
time. How good that she got it off herself.

Judith

--
Judith Latham

Yes, it's a big relief. To both of us, probably. She still has some small
ones. I try to work on those with a nail brush when she's on my lap, but it
doesn't take her long to realize that I'm brushing her rather than petting
her, and she gets down immediately. At least I'm glad she's gotten rid of
the big one.

Joy

Old May 2nd 12, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 23:37:29 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:
Thanks for making me smile.

This story of her homemade today made me smile too!
Old May 2nd 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 1 May 2012 14:22:08 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
Yes, it's a big relief. To both of us, probably. She still has some small
ones. I try to work on those with a nail brush when she's on my lap, but it
doesn't take her long to realize that I'm brushing her rather than petting
her, and she gets down immediately. At least I'm glad she's gotten rid of
the big one.

Maybe it's time for Pickles to get her haircut!
Old May 2nd 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 01 May 2012 21:12:26 -0400, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 1 May 2012 14:22:08 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
Yes, it's a big relief. To both of us, probably. She still has some small
ones. I try to work on those with a nail brush when she's on my lap, but it
doesn't take her long to realize that I'm brushing her rather than petting
her, and she gets down immediately. At least I'm glad she's gotten rid of
the big one.

Maybe it's time for Pickles to get her haircut!

BTW, I have to add, she looks awfully cute and soft and plump when she gets
a haircut.
Old May 2nd 12, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 May 2012 14:22:08 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
Yes, it's a big relief. To both of us, probably. She still has some
small
ones. I try to work on those with a nail brush when she's on my lap, but
it
doesn't take her long to realize that I'm brushing her rather than petting
her, and she gets down immediately. At least I'm glad she's gotten rid of
the big one.

Maybe it's time for Pickles to get her haircut!

I'm trying to delay that as long as possible. Cost is one factor, but the
main reason is her claustrophobia. While I can have a groomer come her, she
still has to be restrained while she's being clipped. Besides, every time I
have it done, Waffles doesn't speak to her for a week.

Joy

Old May 2nd 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2012 21:12:26 -0400, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 1 May 2012 14:22:08 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
Yes, it's a big relief. To both of us, probably. She still has some
small
ones. I try to work on those with a nail brush when she's on my lap, but
it
doesn't take her long to realize that I'm brushing her rather than
petting
her, and she gets down immediately. At least I'm glad she's gotten rid
of
the big one.

Maybe it's time for Pickles to get her haircut!

BTW, I have to add, she looks awfully cute and soft and plump when she
gets
a haircut.

Thanks. I think so too. If all I cared about were how she looks, I'd keep
her clipped all the time, because she's much prettier that way.

Joy

Old May 4th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

My cats have a box full of assorted toys, which they hardly ever play with.
A few days ago, I bought them three catnip mice. I think Waffles played
with one of them for a minute or two.

This morning, I saw Pickles playing with more enthusiasm than she has shown
in a long time. I wondered if a real mouse might have gotten in, so I
looked to see what had her so excited. It appeared to be a big wad of cat
hair! After she finished playing, I picked it up to dispose of it, and
realized that it was a mat that had been on her underside for some time.
I'd have removed it long ago, but if I pick up scissors, or even a brush,
she runs. I'm glad she managed to get rid of it herself. I guess she was
celebrating.

I remember those wads of cat dredlocks that I would have to remove from
Smudge. She not only had longish fur, but it had a certain texture that
made it more prone to getting tangled and staying that way. (Both Roxy
and Licky have very smooth fur, low-friction.) Of course Smudge hated it
when I would cut the clumps off with scissors but I tried to keep up.

--
Joyce

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.