An Elderly Ladycat's Tribute

Old October 13th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Princess Pasha[_2_]

Default An Elderly Ladycat's Tribute

~A tiny, frail himalayan ladycat peeks in the door and looks for the table where
Julian (aka Snowball), Pickle and Muzzafer are sitting. Finally she spots them
and slowly, with the help of her walker, moves toward them. As she nears the
table, the three kitties start to rise to help her but she shakes her head and
puts her paw to her lips to silence them. Quietly, she pulls out a chair and
sits down to wait her turn, listening attentively to all the speakers paying
tribute to their loved ones.~

When the time comes for her to speak, Snowball helps her to the podium, then
stands next to her in case she needs support.

My dear friends, I am Princess Pasha, house of Terrell, and I am here tonight to
pay tribute to so many of my friends who have gone before me to the bridge. I
am in the unenviable position of having outlived many of my community of friends
and it hurts my heart to know I am among the last of so many who were here
during the early days.

First I want to mention Mietze, House of Patterson/Guyette who was such a
wonderful friend and did such an excellent job every year compiling and calling
the names at this great ball. What a lovely girl she was, and her sacrifices for
this community will live on in the walk of remembrance on which she worked so
diligently.

I wish to honor a few of my old friends who are on this list who may not have
someone here to make tribute to them. Oonagh and Sirius, House of Ashley were
dear friends. The House of Ashley does so much for animals everywhere. I will
miss Oscar & Tiger, House of Cook. I remember them when they were very young.
Prissy, House of Crossfield is on the list. Most of you may not remember her,
but she was a gentle soul who belonged to the Himalayan-Persian Cat Club. Oh
my, Collette, House of Gittel, who was such a dear girl, I remember you my
friend. DiAnne, House of Kaslow was a human member of our group, a wonderful
lady who loved all animals. (wipes tear) Frass, House of Kaslow is on the list
too - a dear girlcat who is sorely missed. Cinni, House of Koster, I remember
you my funny little friend. Shadow, House of Long was such a fine mancat. He
was so loved by his family and friends and will live forever in their hearts.
Morgan & Simon, House of Maveety were both rescues who were loved by so many.
Dylan, Tyler, Sybil and (sob) Samson, House of Rankin - oh my dear friends, I
will miss you so much. Tom, House of Royal Roads, was a long time member of this
group and a splendid boy. Zizi, House of Romagna was our little cheerleader. I
will always remember her with pompoms. I miss you so much Zizi. Bizzy, House of
Scott was rescued and was fortunate enough to know great love in his onetroohome
before he went ahead of us to the bridge. I did not know Dot, Phoebe, Stone or
Sunette, House of Wikler-Cook, but the House of Wikler-Cook was an early member
of the group and their rescues have saved many lives through the years.

And now I come to the most difficult name in my tribute - Sebastian, House of
Weinberger. Sebastian was my onetrooluv, the light of my life and my dear
companion. Sebastian was such a loving friend to all, and his gentle kindness
made him a special friend to many. He was so good to me through the years, and I
hope that he knew how very much I loved him. He is missed every day by his mom
who loved him with all her heart and soul and by Snowball who looked up to him
as a big brother and mentor.

To my Sebastian, a special memory:

Saturday in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July
Saturday in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July
Kitties dancing, kitties laughing, a man selling ice cream
Can you dig it (yes, I can) And I've been waiting such a long time
For Saturday

Saturday in the park
You'd think it was the Fourth of July
Saturday in the park
You'd think it was the Fourth of July
Kitties talking, really smiling
A cat playing guitar
Singing for us all
Will you help him change the world
Can you dig it (yes, I can)
And I've been waiting such a long time
For today

Slow motion riders fly the colors of the day
A bronze cat still can tell stories his own way
Listen children all is not lost, all is not lost, oh no, no,

Funny days in the park, every day's the Fourth of July
Funny days in the park, every day's the Fourth of July
Kitties reaching, kitties touching, A real celebration
Waiting for us all, If we want it, really want it
Can you dig it (yes, I can), And I've been waiting such a long time
For the day

For the day - that I am with you again, my dear Sebastian.

~Princess Pasha gathers up her notes and slowly exits the stage, with Snowball
holding her paw~

Old October 13th 11, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Piglett wipes tears from her eyes and turns to Wascal, Wud u pleeze take da
guestbook to Princess Pasha? We iza long waigh away. Pipps please carry
the feather quil for him.

Old October 13th 11, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
riddik

(Large white smooshface hurries to Pasha's other side, offering a paw
if needed)

Fangu, ma'am.
You were wonderful.

Azad

Old October 13th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Princess Pasha[_2_]

In article , Gramby says...

Piglett wipes tears from her eyes and turns to Wascal, Wud u pleeze take da
guestbook to Princess Pasha? We iza long waigh away. Pipps please carry
the feather quil for him.

Fangu. ~Princess Pasha signs the guestbook~ It is good to see you again.

Old October 13th 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Princess Pasha[_2_]

In article ,
riddik says...

(Large white smooshface hurries to Pasha's other side, offering a paw
if needed)

Fangu, ma'am.
You were wonderful.

Azad

Why fangu Azad. Your calling of the names was absolutely purrfect. I'm sure
Mietze is very proud of you.

Old October 13th 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Princess Pasha[_2_]

In article , Rebecca says...

Dat wuz lubly. Itz so nice dat sumkittee kud rememfur awl doze kitteez frum
so long ago.

Rebecca

Fangu so much. I am glad I can still remember them at my age. ~chuckle~

Old October 13th 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Princess Pasha[_2_]

In article , Storrmmee says...

wonderful twibute OEJ fur her howze

Fangu so much. I'm happy to meet yoo.

Old October 13th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
riddik

On Oct 13, 4:01*pm, Princess Pasha
wrote:
In article ,

(Large white smooshface hurries to Pasha's other side, offering a paw
if needed)

Fangu, ma'am.
You were wonderful.

Azad

Why fangu Azad. *Your calling of the names was absolutely purrfect. *I'm sure
Mietze is very proud of you.

How furry kind of you to say, ma'am.
I am not accustomed to speaking quite so much all at one time, but I
did mine best.
May I get you anyfing?

Azad

Relocating an elderly cat Richard Evans Cat health & behaviour 17 January 25th 07 11:09 AM
Transplanting an elderly cat Richard Evans Cats - misc 2 August 10th 06 06:47 PM
Elderly rescuers Marina Cat anecdotes 5 February 22nd 04 12:52 AM
Elderly cat problem 4 Kitty servant Cat health & behaviour 26 February 13th 04 09:27 AM