Next week (OT)

Old March 8th 12, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

Default Next week (OT)

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"JJ" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It should have started on Tuesday but we could not hire a digger until
Thursday.
When I watched my neighbours deliberately block me in today, I thought
"make the most of it.."
I realise that this might be boring to a lot of you, but I have
practically been kept a prisoner in my house for months by this and
hopefully by Saturday it will the end of it.

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their
five cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own
house, but blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

Can't speak for England, but here in the US someone victimized like you
would have photographed and videod their card blocking your access on
numerous occasions, with dates set on the camera, and then would have
called in the local TV news department. Once the news people broadcast
this, the local outrage would have been thus that these people would have
been ashamed to show their faces in the local supermarket. People
identify with the victims of such travesty because they figure that if
your neighbor gets away with it today, THEIR neighbor will get away with
it tomorrow.

At this point, this is when the police usually step in in order not to be
accused of ignoring crimes in their precinct.

I am not the sort of person that would want to appear on the television.
I think that what I am doing will cure the parking problem, and if not it
is now illegal for them to block my drop kerb so I can get the police
involved if that happens.
It was beginning to feel like a crime to deliberately stop me from getting
my car out, sort of like false imprisonment, made worse by my
fractured/dislocated shoulder last March (unable to drive for months) and
then my dislocated/fractured ankle in October which also meant I could not
drive for ages. I was stir crazy by all that and the very idea that I was
prevented from getting my car out by some sort of s**t neighbours when I
could drive again drove me wild. I'm surprised I didn't kill them, tbh.
But best not to, eh? ;-)
I will see if the new drop kerb works, it's only partly completed but
seems to be working already.
Next will be the wall war :-(

Tweed

As I said, that's what we USians would do. If you do things differently and
they work, all the better. I'm glad your new curb (kerb) is in. Good luck
and I hope your problem with your nasty neighbors is solved. Now that they
can't get you to agree to the wall, maybe they'll move... :-)

Jay

Old March 8th 12, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
On 03/08/2012 11:26 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
I have been reading, mostly with my jaw on the floor. I think you are
a much better person than I am, but then I believe I'm bigger and
meaner than you are. I figure I have a cane for a reason, and if
someone wants to find out why, I'm more than happy to show them.

g I don't think I'm a better person than you are, Annie, but I've been
used to having to make considered decisions about how to get the outcome
want by following the law to the letter. So, however tempting it is to
fly
off the handle, I know that we still might end up in court over the wall
issue and I want to be seen to have behaved reasonably and impeccably as
against their attempted blackmail and childish actions.

Well stated. I think it would be a good idea to keep a close eye on the
kerb while the concrete is still soft. I would not put it past your
neighbors to try to damage it.

MaryL

It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

That's the other reason my jaw drops. I get being snots (don't agree,
but some people seem to think it's acceptable behaviour), but being
so *obvious* about it! Are they unaware of 'witnesses'? Nevermind...

Having witnesses is one thing, but having witnesses who are prepared to
support you in court is quite another.

Work started at 8.15 this morning. Already the grass verge and pavement
have been dug up and disposed of, the lowered kerbs are in and the
hardcore
in place ready for the new tarmac to be laid tomorrow.
I cannot use it yet, because the concrete under the new kerbs is still
soft,
but already my nasty neighbours are parking in front of their own house
instead of mine.
Softly, softly, catchee monkey ;-)

Tweed

MaryL is right abnout the possibility of vandalism -- at least that is
what would probably happen over here. We experioence lots of vandalism of
all kinds -- kids who have nothing better to do than look for trouble. In
your quiet neighborhood, you probably (hopefully) will be spared. MLB

No kids are here and the only vandalism that might take place is from my
neighbours, and I doubt they would be brave enough to do it, because it
would be very clear that they did it.
They did think that I was an easy target.
They thought wrongly.

Old March 8th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:
It should have started on Tuesday but we could not hire a digger until
Thursday.
When I watched my neighbours deliberately block me in today, I thought
"make the most of it.."
I realise that this might be boring to a lot of you, but I have
practically been kept a prisoner in my house for months by this and
hopefully by Saturday it will the end of it.

I could never make plans to go out as I never knew when any of their five
cars would be here (not using the kerb space outside their own house, but
blocking me)
It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

Tweed

Of course, I'm a city gal, but anywhere I've ever lived, if someone's car
(neighbor or not) were blocking access to a driveway (even their own) one
could always have the police come and cite them for illegal parking. I
realize different countries have different laws, and if you had plans to
go out and they were blocking you, it might take the police a while to
arrive and issue the citation (and tow the vehicle away, if it were
blocking your access to the street) but I should think repeated fines (not
to mention tow-aways) would discourage the anti-social behaviour!

Only 3/4 is done but they seem afraid of blocking me now. It's amazing.

Old March 8th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:20:51 AM UTC-7, Christina Websell wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
I have been reading, mostly with my jaw on the floor. I think you are a
much better person than I am, but then I believe I'm bigger and meaner
than you are. I figure I have a cane for a reason, and if someone wants
to find out why, I'm more than happy to show them.

g I don't think I'm a better person than you are, Annie, but I've been
used to having to make considered decisions about how to get the outcome I
want by following the law to the letter. So, however tempting it is to fly
off the handle, I know that we still might end up in court over the wall
issue and I want to be seen to have behaved reasonably and impeccably as
against their attempted blackmail and childish actions.

Well, *I* think you are, but that is beside a well made point. I don't immediately go for the physical reaction. I try to be nice. Then there are times...

My Mother-in-law (passed) had asked a neighbor, numerous times, to move his pick up truck. The way he parked made it difficult to pass him, and get to her house. He wasn't completely blocking the road (a private one), but very nearly, and she was always afraid of hitting the truck. She asked him and his ahem roommate (who insists on telling everyone, even those who don't ask, that they have separate bedrooms) if they could park the truck a little closer so the roadway was more clear. She repeadtedly asked them. He started parking further out, intentionally blocking her way. Because it was a private road, the police would do nothing. She finally went to the landlord (did I mention it was a mobile home park?). They wrote a nasty note, that everyone in the park got, about parking in assigned areas, and blocking roadways or houses would result in towing.

The cow and her "roommate" started a campaign of cruelty that was a sight to behold. They would pour weed killer on her garden, killing off all her flowers. They tried to kill her Blue Spruce pine tree (the sucker is about 50 feet tall). They killed (we suspect, though can't prove) her cat, it got "hit by a car" right in front of their mobile home (even though there wasn't any physical trauma) they say. They would let the air out of her car tires (and were caught at it, by various other neighbors). I finally went and had a talk with them. I was polite, I did not use profanity (which I can't say for them), I asked them why they were so angry with her. They said she tried to make trouble for them, and when I mentioned that everyone got the same notice, the woman called me a liar (even though I still had my own notice). I finally told them that if the "problems" that MiL was having, didnt' stop, I'd find a way to stop them, and I was pretty certain that a registered sex offender and his girlfriend wouldn't like it (yes, he is). They finally just started ignoring her.

When she passed away, we had a "lovely" note on our door, about how it couldn't have happened too soon, and they were happy that she went so badly. *Those* are the sort that I want to take my cane to, and they know it. We currently have an uneasy truce of sorts, but I don't expect them to change much.

It is so intentional even the other neighbours have noticed.

That's the other reason my jaw drops. I get being snots (don't agree, but
some people seem to think it's acceptable behaviour), but being so
*obvious* about it! Are they unaware of 'witnesses'? Nevermind...

Having witnesses is one thing, but having witnesses who are prepared to
support you in court is quite another.

That's why we have made several reports of harrassment (before the truce, obviously). Apparently, woman with cane = weakling/easy pickin's. If there are further problems, there is a history of "trouble", and I don't need witnesses (though I have two that saw the last reported incident).

I understand not wanting to get up in court. There is a fear of retaliation that can be foremost in people's minds.

Work started at 8.15 this morning. Already the grass verge and pavement
have been dug up and disposed of, the lowered kerbs are in and the hardcore
in place ready for the new tarmac to be laid tomorrow.
I cannot use it yet, because the concrete under the new kerbs is still soft,
but already my nasty neighbours are parking in front of their own house
instead of mine.

Well of course they are. You don't need their 'help' anymore, why make an issue of it. What ever became of the question about removing the portion of the drop kerb that's on your property? I missed that one.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey ;-)

Tweed

As MaryL said, I do hope they don't try to cause trouble with the 'curing' concrete. Wouldn't suprise me too much, but one can hope...
Old March 9th 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

[...]

A side issue, but... how did they go from male to female??

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians. -- Seen on a wall poster
Old March 9th 12, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

As MaryL said, I do hope they don't try to cause trouble with the 'curing'
concrete. Wouldn't suprise me too much, but one can hope...
-------

Annie, I love you. Because you did the Indn thing when I was so ill and I
recovered with almost no hope.
You are precious to me and always will be.

Old March 9th 12, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think they would dare to do that, or even know that they could.
They don't know about the soft concrete.

Old March 9th 12, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Thursday, March 8, 2012 5:01:26 PM UTC-7, Bastette wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

[...]

The woman referred to the truck owner are her "roommate". I mentioned that in the first paragraph. I give her primary offense, because on his own, the truck owner isn't a horrible person, but the woman in that place presses very close to being so.
Old March 9th 12, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Good news. Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Jay

Old March 9th 12, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

[...]

I totally misunderstood. At first when you talked about the truck driver and
his "roommate", as you wrote it, I assumed the roommate was male and they were
pretending not to be a couple. And then all of a sudden they were a female
couple? That's what confused me. I guess it didn't even occur to me that you
were talking about a man and a woman living together and - for some reason -
pretending not to be a couple. I understand why gay couples feel like they
have to hide in some places, but why on earth would a straight couple have
to pretend they were roommates??

Anyway, that's neither here nor there - as I said, a side issue. She does
sound evil. Maybe the best thing you could say about her is that she is
psychologically disturbed. She certainly sounds it.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.