Shoe Cat

Old April 22nd 12, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Shoe Cat

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:30:19 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I don't think I could do that. I even wash my shoes fairly regularly
while doing regular laundry. I take out the innersoles, soak them in
laundry detergent, scrub them with a soft brush, then wring them out, do
the laces, then wash and rinse the shoes, stuff them with old bath towels
to soak up the excess water, then air them out to dry.

Well, there's your answer. You've scrubbed away all of your scent, so
of course they're not interested!

I was going to say that I have a pair of sneakers that don't get washed.
They're for yardwork, so will always gain grass stains anyway. But
actually, they don't smell either, because they're only used once a week or
so, and only in warm weather.

I think they just don't find shoes very interesting.
Old April 22nd 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

I was going to say that I have a pair of sneakers that don't get washed.
They're for yardwork, so will always gain grass stains anyway. But
actually, they don't smell either, because they're only used once a week or
so, and only in warm weather.

I think they just don't find shoes very interesting.

Licky isn't interested in my shoes, but he does have an ongoing love
affair with a friend's knapsack. It's not made of leather, but I think
it has permanent kitty smells on it. Licky rubs himself all over it
repeatedly during my friend's visits.

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old April 24th 12, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news
On 21 Apr 2012 01:13:59 GMT, Sjouke Burry s@b wrote:

Takayuki wrote in
m:

How come my two completely ignore my shoes? What brand do I have to
buy?

You should stop washing your feet.

I don't think I could do that. I even wash my shoes fairly regularly
while doing regular laundry. I take out the innersoles, soak them in
laundry detergent, scrub them with a soft brush, then wring them out, do
the laces, then wash and rinse the shoes, stuff them with old bath towels
to soak up the excess water, then air them out to dry.

Excessive.