KITTY LITTER DUST

Old December 31st 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Dennis

Default KITTY LITTER DUST

Just became a cat owner a few months ago and thought I had done all my
homework on the pros and cons of owning a cat, but there's always something
you miss. In my case, it's the dust from the kitty litter that has settled
over everything in my home. Is there anything that can be done to eliminate
this most annoying problem. And before you even think of it, I ALREADY OWN A
FEATHER DUSTER AND VACUUM CLEANER

--
Dennis

Old December 31st 07, 08:04 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Diana

In article ,
"Dennis" wrote:

Just became a cat owner a few months ago and thought I had done all my
homework on the pros and cons of owning a cat, but there's always something
you miss. In my case, it's the dust from the kitty litter that has settled
over everything in my home. Is there anything that can be done to eliminate
this most annoying problem. And before you even think of it, I ALREADY OWN A
FEATHER DUSTER AND VACUUM CLEANER

Yes, please get a brand that features 99% less dust if you prefer clay
litter, or look into other types of litter. The dust is hazardous to
your cat's health.

Diana
Old December 31st 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
blkcatgal

I recently started using the World's Best Cat Litter. It's made from corn
(I think) and has less dust than some of the other types of litters. And it
clumps pretty good too.

S.
---

Old December 31st 07, 09:50 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Dennis

I'm using Scoop Away, smells good, clumps great, the cat likes it.

"Matthew" wrote in message
Are you using cheap litter if so upgrade

Old December 31st 07, 10:25 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Dennis

Thanks, that a great idea!

"Matthew" wrote in message
Does it say 99% dust free? you many have to get another brand that is
dust free if it spreading that much dust you may also put a hepa filter
machine nearby to help out

I use non scented brands with febreeze diffusers nearby I use a hepa
filter machine myself to collect the dust and smell

news

Old December 31st 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail in Florida

We switched to Feline Pine about 6 years ago and we have never
regretted it. We have five cats and I was tired of finding cat litter
tracked everywhere. Feline Pine is a pellet type litter, so it
doesn't track easily and there is no dust. the cats don't have a
problem with it and I never notice that urine smell that the other
litter always seemed to have no matter how much we cleaned the box.

Enjoy your kitty.
Gail in Florida
Old January 1st 08, 01:40 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
Barb[_2_]

I use that one,too now...I love it and the cats do too!
Also, the Pet Ecology brand (the one that supposed to tell you of a urinary
problem), is dust free,too.

Old January 1st 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:02:56 -0500, "Matthew"
wrote:

Does it say 99% dust free? you many have to get another brand that is dust
free if it spreading that much dust you may also put a hepa filter machine
nearby to help out

I buy litter that says '99% dust free'.

Dust gets everywhe it's **1% DUST**.

But it's what I can afford.

And it's in the basement, fortunately. I vacuum up what I can.
Old January 1st 08, 05:19 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
~Jan~

I use these products below, I have 3 cats and 3 boxes
They are great!!! no odors no dust :-)
Yesterday's News litters are made with recycled newspapers and contain no
small particles, so they're truly dust-free.
Fresh Step Crystals offers a convenient, lightweight litter that locks in
odor and absorbs wetness better than the leading clay litter dust-free

KITTY LITTER DUST Dennis Cats - misc 39 March 12th 08 10:53 PM
best Kitty Litter? ensoul Cat health & behaviour 25 February 18th 06 11:03 AM
a truly dust free cat litter? Karen Cat anecdotes 6 June 27th 05 03:29 PM
Kitty litter cake Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 0 November 4th 04 05:43 PM
Litter Dust / Crystals / Love Bites Mike Harris Cat health & behaviour 24 January 6th 04 01:53 PM