Disturbing News

Old April 20th 09, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Disturbing News

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry!
for having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her
cats. I know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted
but he's turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he
still bothers to feed them. Dammit!

Turned them out, or just let them go outside sometimes?

Turned them out. They are outside only cats now.

In his video he sounds affectionate enough towards them in his geeky
way.

He sounds affectionate enough, sure. It's not like he's setting them on
fire, obviously. But Christy didn't want them to be outdoor cats. She
fought tooth and nail to get them free of ringworm, which Miss Pua was
covered with when first found.

When I was setting up the vet fund for them I specifically mentioned to him
it would at least cover their annual shots. He told me then Christy said
they didn't need annual shots because they are indoor cats. Well, they're
not indoor cats now. But does he plan to take them to the vet? I sincerely
doubt it.

Jill

Old April 20th 09, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

jmcquown wrote:
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry!
for having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her
cats. I know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted
but he's turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he
still bothers to feed them. Dammit!

Turned them out, or just let them go outside sometimes?

Turned them out. They are outside only cats now.

Being outside only cats isn't the same as being turned out.

In his video he sounds affectionate enough towards them in his geeky
way.

He sounds affectionate enough, sure. It's not like he's setting them on
fire, obviously. But Christy didn't want them to be outdoor cats. She
fought tooth and nail to get them free of ringworm, which Miss Pua was
covered with when first found.

When I was setting up the vet fund for them I specifically mentioned to
him it would at least cover their annual shots. He told me then Christy
said they didn't need annual shots because they are indoor cats. Well,
they're not indoor cats now. But does he plan to take them to the vet?
I sincerely doubt it.

I gather from that statement that you don't know whether he intends to
take them to the vet, and if he does, whether or not he intends to
request annual shots for them. You have only your opinion - your doubts.

Cheryl
Old April 20th 09, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's my opinion. And my doubts. But I know this man, Cheryl. Christy
and I were friends for years, well before she ever started posting here.

Jill

Old April 20th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default A few questions about Christy

Kyla, after being a widow for nearly three years I can tell you that you
can't figure people out. Words are cheap. If you can't help with the cats,
let it go. Nothing can hurt her now and if Allen takes up with someone
tomorrow she won't feel that pain either. People are what they are and to
say all the right things to gain something, and that is what he is doing,
was doing, you can't change that. Just move on, he has and trust Bast to
care for the cats. Someone will find them and know they are worth caring
for.

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
As I understand it, Christy's parents live in Washington State?
She mentioned in a post that her dad lived on the top of Queen Ann Hill,
in Seattle.
That's where I live, but about 15 miles South..
I kept up with her Caring Bridge site, which is still active,
From what I understand, her mom and sister went to see her briefly, saw
those 'smiling' pictures. but they didn't care about her?
Maybe that's why she married Alan...IDK.
Who on this Earth could not care about Christy, one of the sweetest
people?
I went back to the site and read what people had to say to/about her,
and she was so loved, by people from many countries in her Guestbook..
When she got sick and put things in the Caring Bridge site,.
Alan seems to be 'so sweet' then , but I wonder if that was all an act
too!!.
How long were they married?
I found a link of her and Alan's wedding and reception in Seattle,
somewhere, but I can't find it.
On one picture, she had her head on Alan's chest and it looked like she
was crying.
She passed away after Christmas.
Then he goes and throws the girl kitties out after 4 months?
WTF is wrong with him?
Like I said before, I wrote to Charleen and asked her if she knew anyone
who would adopt the kitties or take them to a shelter. Someone, a very
good e-mail friend, sent me some pictures of Miss Pua, before and after.I
saw how Christy helped her back to health, I just went back into the
bedroom and had a weep.
Jill, you did the right thing, you tried to help, and if you talk to this
cretin again, please ask him to at least give the neighbors some food to
make sure they don't starve, and some scritches to let them know they were
loved.
IMO, he doesn't deserve to have ANY of her cats.
He might let the other one out too, if he gets on his nerves. Who knows?.
She sure didn't look 40 years young and went through hell and
now Alan does 'this'.
What an unfeeling @$$hole.
I miss Christy and I am so angry at Alan :/
Kyla
--mad and sad

.

Old April 20th 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Regardless of what he did, you can never figure someone's reaction to the
death of someone they love. Don't boil me in oil, maybe he just couldn't
stand them so close since she isn't here.

I just told someone I wasn't going to do this anymore, try and reason things
out that are unreasonable and, here I am again. Life is worth living if you
do something about the things you can and leave the other stuff alone.
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry!
for having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her
cats. I know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted
but he's turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he
still bothers to feed them. Dammit!

Turned them out, or just let them go outside sometimes?

In his video he sounds affectionate enough towards them in his geeky
way.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk
====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
557
CD-ROMs and free stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic
fonts

Old April 20th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I am going to say what I am thinking about this.

Maybe, just maybe he has started to "move on" with his life. Some people
can't be alone and find someone right away after their spouse dies. I know
some of you don't want to think this but, it would explain about the cats.
A new person may not like them.
wrote in message
On Apr 20, 5:35 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I know that, Jill. And I also know you fairly well and don't think you
are
overreacting. Repeat: Kili is gone and what any of us think of her
taste
in men is beyond insulting her or her memory. I value your opinion of
him.

Old April 20th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 20, 3:09*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I am going to say what I am thinking about this.

Maybe, just maybe he has started to "move on" with his life. *Some people
can't be alone and find someone right away after their spouse dies. *I know
some of you don't want to think this but, it would explain about the cats..
A new person may not like them.

All very true. But putting them in the out isn't the only way to no
longer have cats. I say this even though a neighbor back in West Haven
put her ex's three cats in the Out because of a child's allergy in a
way that wasn't terrible for the cats.

They were in a fenced-in yard.
They had shelter. Adequate shelter for winter, although it was built
as a d*g house, oh the humiliation.
She continued to feed them.
She continued to check if they needed veterinary care.
They had each other for company.

If that is what this guy is doing and he is doing it for the reasons
you say, then who could object? But I haven't heard anything about
what the conditions are like. I know a woman whose boyfriend insisted
that her cat live outdoors and the cat was hbc. I felt really awful
for the cat but my opinion of the woman was greatly and permanently
changed. And she kept whining about it to me as if her boyfriend's
opinion was so powerful that she couldn't resist it. She should have
put HIM outdoors and, if he was good, let him in the house for sex.

--
Will in New Haven

"Cheryl" wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

him.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 20th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have nothing to base what I said only what I see in people around me. I
don't expect to find anyone at my age (shut up Lee) but if I did, it would
be "Love me, Love my cats" and it would be the same back to him. I just
never got that breathing things were disposable.

Old April 20th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's turned
put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers to feed
them. Dammit!

Jill

I am really not surprised.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

You and I are in the same age group Gramby, older than dirt, in my case mud,
because of all the rain, and I agree with you. I can't figure people out.
I didn't get much sleep last night thinking about the poor kitties, and how
Alan will get his 'reward' . I wouldn't be surprized if the make kitty
started acting up too for him putting his sisters out in the Out. I hope
the Tyrone pees on his pillow.
I do hope and pray someone gives them a loving home.
I'll move on, knowing Daved will get what he deserves.
Thanks for your advice.. Kyla

"Granby"

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
As I understand it, Christy's parents live in Washington State?
She mentioned in a post that her dad lived on the top of Queen Ann Hill,
in Seattle.
That's where I live, but about 15 miles South..
I kept up with her Caring Bridge site, which is still active,
From what I understand, her mom and sister went to see her briefly, saw