Disturbing News

Old April 21st 09, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

Default Disturbing News

wrote in message
Granby wrote:

I am going to say what I am thinking about this.

Maybe, just maybe he has started to "move on" with his life. Some
people
can't be alone and find someone right away after their spouse dies. I
know
some of you don't want to think this but, it would explain about the
cats.
A new person may not like them.

Why would someone put cats outside *just in case* he happened to meet
someone who didn't like cats? Is there some rule that says that single
men with cats can't get a date? I would consider such a person *more*
attractive, myself. (And who says he's dating anyway?) This is all
speculation.

Yes, pure speculation. Most of you know nothing of me save for what psycho
Jill posts. What a back stabbing bitch BTW.
Truth be told, this house is too small for 3 cats. It's under 1,000 square
feet.

They are still taken care of the same as when they were inside. They still
get attention and affection.

Lastly, it's really nobody's business.

TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Granby" wrote in message
That is exactly what I said, it was just a thought. There has to be some
reason besides meanness that would make someone go from what we all
gathered this person was to what he is turning out to be. I wish he had
the guts to say something, even if it was mind your own business to
people like me.

Mind your own business.

TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Yowie" wrote in message
Having watched the two youtube videos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFURD5dp_QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCHIZQmiOY

all *I* see is two cats who seem to be enjoying the outside, and male
voice that seems to hold them in some affection.

Since when was it a crime to let cats outside? When was calling a cat
'Retard' considered abuse?

I know that two youtube videos is hardly the 'whole story' but there is
nothing in those videos to suggest that the owner of those cats is in any
way abusing or neglecting them. They look like healthy happy cats that
have a good relationship with the person behind the camera to me.

If folks have any concrete evidence that Alan is abusing and/or neglecting
the cats, then it needs to be reported to the authorities, not posted
about here. Despite personal opinions of him and his character, posting to
a public newsgroup implying he is an animal abuser is innapropriate at
best and libellious at worst.

Thank you.

TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's
turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers
to feed them. Dammit!

Jill

I am really not surprised.

Gee how awesome of you to be such a judge of character. Aren't you special.

TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default A few questions about Christy

About damn time you spoke up. Unlike Jill who started this then turned
silent. We may be a little crazy when it comes to our cats but with no one
stating the case for your side, fears and all that take over. I understand
you may feel there is nothing to defend but it sure feels better having
heard from you.
"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

"Granby" wrote in message
Kyla, after being a widow for nearly three years I can tell you that you
can't figure people out. Words are cheap. If you can't help with the
cats, let it go. Nothing can hurt her now and if Allen takes up with
someone tomorrow she won't feel that pain either. People are what they
are and to say all the right things to gain something, and that is what
he is doing, was doing, you can't change that. Just move on, he has and
trust Bast to care for the cats. Someone will find them and know they
are worth caring for.

Oh for ****'s sake, read my previous reply. I didn't throw them out. I
let them out. They are where they want to be.
It's ****in' Florida, they're not going to freeze. In the unlikely event
that we have a hurricane, they can come inside.

They're also well fed on a daily basis.

Jill makes it sound like I tossed them out the door and slammed it on
their tails. Jill's a ****in' idiot like that sometimes.
Drama Queen comes to mind.

Thanks for your support,
TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's
turned put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers
to feed them. Dammit!

I have been following this thread but not contributing as I only started
reading this newsgroup about a year ago and didn't get the chance to get to
know Christy. I therefore had little clue about her cats, home life, etc
and nothing to offer the thread. I did, however, learn what a lovely person
she was through all your comments and I felt extremely sorry for your loss
when she passed away.

I'm now butting in to say I have been rather shocked at all the accusations
that have been thrown around the group about her husband. Fair enough, if
you had proof he had been abusing or neglecting the cats then I would have
said "quite rightly so" but nobody in all the threads said they had actually
spoken to him. During this long thread I would have thought that someone
would have tried to contact him to ask how he was/how the cats are doing etc
as you were all so worried about them. Perhaps this would have prompted a
response from him to say "cats are fine/healthy/enjoying the outdoors" or
"not so good, I'm trying to re-home them" etc. I can't comment on him as a
person as I have never met him, although I watched the youtube videos he had
posted, via the links posted on here, and thought him calling one of the
cats "retard" was a childish and nasty thing to do. Apart from that however
the cats looked healthy and happy enough to me.

I can fully understand why you all showed such concern for the cats, after
all our cats are precious to us and nobody wants to think of any harm coming
to them. They must still be adjusting to life without their momma and that
can't be easy. What surprised me the most though was how quickly it
spiralled totally out of control into a "mud slinging match". People
talking about "stealing" the cats, trying to re-home them without the
husbands knowledge, I'm shocked! Perhaps Christy wouldn't have let them
outdoors, but she trusted her husband enough to care for them after she had
gone or she would have made other arrangements for them I'm sure, or made a
plea to one of you to do it on her behalf.

I don't post much so some of you probably don't think I have a right to
comment on this. I'm just trying to explain how this comes across to an
impartial observer. Having seen how well you all usually support each other
and the harmony the group usually affords, it's a shame its gone by the by a
little.

Back to lurking and steeling myself for the backlash!

Sharon

Old April 21st 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

There really shouldn't be a backlash. We may not like cats in the out but
that is his choice and if they have food and water, that is a plus.

Old April 21st 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

"Granby" wrote in message
About damn time you spoke up. Unlike Jill who started this then turned
silent. We may be a little crazy when it comes to our cats but with no
one stating the case for your side, fears and all that take over. I
understand you may feel there is nothing to defend but it sure feels
better having heard from you.

Someone clued me in yesterday that I was being dragged over the coals here.
I'm not the type to take that sort of thing lying down.

TFM®