OT - Ping Sherry

Old July 21st 11, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Ping Sherry

On 7/20/2011 11:00 PM, hopitus wrote:
On Jul 20, 9:01 pm, CatNipped wrote:
On 7/20/2011 8:20 PM, hopitus wrote:
On Jul 20, 5:21 pm, CatNipped wrote:
On 7/20/2011 3:38 PM, hopitus wrote:
On Jul 20, 12:06 am, CatNipped wrote:

Anyway I have to take it 3 times a day with meals, so we'll see where
this goes. Again, thanks!
CatNipped

Sorry; I was concerned as the Wiki warnings re "left ventricle
necrosis" and serious bp
lowering were, indeed, for the oral form of the drug in the
preparation.
Above sentence "take it" and "with meals" looked oral doses to me.
Also thought I recalled
you saying your bp is low anyway; last thing you need is hypertensive
meds.
Am optimistic because of your healthy female vanity emerging lately to
bolster your general
health status. Purrs from me and His Grayness (aka "Buttcakes" - don't
ask) for continued
improvements on all fronts.

Thank you. I am afraid of going completely bald and I'm very
self-conscious of my hair falling out in clumps. I know that every
"reserve" I have left is going towards healing that enormous wound that
splits me from stem to stern, but at least that can't be seen by every
John/Jane Doe I see on the street. I can "feel" people staring at me.
CatNipped

Know what you mean about "feeling" stares but here it is pretty much
what I'm
wearing, which screams "east coast" and I enjoy them for what they
are. Till
moving here had no idea there is such a thing as an "east coast
accent" which
is lotsa fun when natives here point out that I have one, LOL.
Good luck with the hair. Pricey shampoo products will "puff it up" for
you (low
humidity here) but do nothing for hair *loss*. Have you considered,
when long
enough, "streaking" so pop now? Draws others' gaze off the crown of
head.

I'm afraid to use color or a perm on my hair. Not only is my hair *WAY*
too thin (volume-wise), it is also very "fine" (each hair is very thin)
and it "breaks" off easily.

You know, I hate it when someone posts a problem on the newsgroup and
then do nothing but make excuses why s/he can't take the advise so
freely and caring from friends here... so I am very self-conscious about
doing that myself. The *last* thing I ever want to do is whine, and it
feels like that's all I can do now-a-days.

I really, really appreciate it when someone takes the time to, not only
to read my endless list of the "bad" life throws at me, and then take
*more* time and effort to think about problems and then post a possible
solution.

I've taken and used *LOTS* of good ideas - I told Ben, just last night
that I was going to post about the insurance business, and asked him if
he minded me doing that... I explained that very often someone "outside"
of the situation can look at things differently and could possibly give
me some ideas of what to do about it.

Taking your advice, I went to the SSDI web site and found information
there that I needed and used. Taking Sherry's advice of what and how to
eat to gain weight has helped considerably and I attribute my finally
gaining some some weight quickly to her council. There are many, many
others who have helped too, too many to list all here.
I can only say it again, I really do *LOVE* you guys!
CatNipped

Haven't been much help I fear; don't blame you for nixing color on
damaged fine hair (only thing worse than
dye would be*bleaching it* as I learned in the 60's after LOL getting
miy hair bleached professionally *after
using at-home color remover on it*. I had a buzz for quite while
after, all hair about 2 inch length. That was
a lesson I never forgot. I also suppose you like cheesecake about as
much as I do...like NOT. Forgive my
little pep talks similar to what I give my pal here at the grocery
cheesecake filling containers, "use your
willpower, tough it out, suck it up, etc."

Oh, sorry, I should have acknowledged that part of your post - I
actually love cheesecake, but have never seen anything like you
described in a grocery here.

LOl easy for me to lay on
her; I hate cheesecake. But we all have
inner strengths we rarely call upon, and I am gratified to see you
pulled some out of your hat lately.
You are not me and I am not you; why should you react to life's
spitball pitches in the same way I do?
SS is really hard to grasp no matter how smart you are; that's why
that website is so useful: instead of
talking to some snotty biddy down at the office, you can sit there and
reread till it finally makes some
sense to you; that's what I do, anyway.
That MetLife stuff is way over my head& complicated& a different
ballpark than SS anyway.
Lucky for your hair status hats, caps, and *extensions* (investigate
that) are totally trendy all summer

I have a couple of "berets" that I like a lot and usually wear out.

and on into fall, and after fall, capes with hoodies (but again, you
ain't in MileHigh LOL.
Let us know if you see C. Anthony; Houston rumored to be a possible
current hideout. And here's a

They had one of the zillionty news article that said CA has a cousin
here in Pasadena (out-burb of Houston) and said cousin invited her to
come live here. There was some excessive reaction to that... There is a
web site that is basically "stay away from this city CA. Her life would
be in serious danger here - almost everyone owns at least one gun -
usually more. And we seem to have more than our share of idiots here -
you do the math! ;

suspicion on my part: Houston leads the nation in resources for expert
*plastic surgery* and medical
etc. Now you know what I do during the day...HLN channel. Gruesome, I
know; but I turned on that
J. Springer the other day and ROFL at people beating each other up
over cheating,etc. The audiences
for that must be on something or are watching cue cards.

Shows like that are basically mentally "challenged who just want to show
their ass to the world for their 15 seconds of "fame".

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 21st 11, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/20/2011 11:25 PM, Sherry wrote:
On Jul 20, 8:20 pm, wrote:
[...]

head.- Hide quoted text -

I thought the same thing about streaking, i.e. highlighting. The
hairdresser
told me that highlights are harder on the hair than dying because it
"lifts"
the color (harsher chemicals needed to lighten than to just dye).
Best and cheapest products to puff up fine/thin hair: Infusium leave-
in
conditioner, or a leave-in product called "Fat Hair". Both around $5.

I have some... I don't know what to call it, it isn't a gel, it's really
sticky. You rub some of that into your hands and you can "sculpt" your
hair. I use just a little to I can move my hair around to cover the
really thin parts of my scalp.

If you ever want a real laugh, watch Joan Rivers hawking her ladies'
thinning hair product. It amounts to some powdery stuff that looks
like brown eye shadow, which you paint on your scalp with a brush.
Really, Joan? REALLY?

From someone who has had, what, at least 10 face lifts? I think she is
funny as hell and I love it when she's on "Graham Norton" - a British
talk show. But she is the *last* person I would take beauty tips from.

Useless trivia: Michael Jackson had his scalp tattooed black to help
disguise his thinning hair.

Oh, I love trivia like that - I have to go tell Ben! Ben... he quit
taking Chantix, and started taking his meds for heart and diabetes
regularly, and his "old self" has been shining through. I think I'm
falling in love with him all over again. He's been doing things like this:

After my accident the other day, when I saw my watch crushed I was
really upset because I liked it so much - the best thing, for me, was
that it weighed almost nothing. You could forget you had it on.

Well, he knew how "down" I've been lately and wanted to do something to
cheer me up. So, unbeknownst to me, he searched and searched the
internet (he could get a job doing this, he's so good) and he found the
exact same watch.

He was going to put the broken watch into a paper bag and then do a
Harry Potter type spell - "Ocular Repairous" (yes, we *are* that nerdy)
then reach in and pull out the new watch. One problem though, they sent
him the wrong watch. He was so frustrated that he just gave me the new
one and told me what he had planned... something he could do with
little to no money (the watch was only $10.00** with no S&H fees (again,
he *is* that good at 'net searching') and he thought it was well worth
it to cheer me up).

** It was a Waltham - not a Rolex, but still a very nice make, we
certainly paid more than $10.00 for it.

He'd already paid the $10.00 for the watch over the 'net, so he was more
than a little ticked off (but he is *ALWAYS* nice to sales/help
personnel - he used to do phone help so he knows how stressed a person
can get in that type of job). *SO* nice, I guess that after he emailed
the company to tell them they sent the wrong watch, they were nice
enough to say they'd send the correct watch and told him he could keep
the one he had (a very nice watch, BTW) - and they would send, free, not
even an S&H fee, the correct watch. So I'm going to have *TWO* new
watches and he spent a whole $10.00!

Now, not only did it cheer me up considerably, but just knowing he had
gone through so much trouble just to cheer me up a little that it
cheered me up a *LOT*!!! ;

On Topic: I am into the second month of commitment to brush Biskit
every single day. I put the hair out of the brush in a little trash
can and
have not emptied it, just as part of the experiment. The trash can is
FULL
of Bikkie-hair. Can't tell ANY difference in her coat.

Is Bikkie the one who usually gets a summer shave? Sammy is the only
cat we've had who *hated* being brushed - the one who needed it the most!

Sherry

Old July 21st 11, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jul 21, 7:25*am, CatNipped wrote:

*SIGH* *I wrote "is" and it should have been "was". *:

Everytime I sign myself off here I have to go back and delete the S at
the end-not for very much longer

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Ping - Sherry? CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 19 December 23rd 10 01:08 AM
Ping Sherry Granby Cat anecdotes 0 May 24th 08 08:21 PM
Ping Sherry Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 0 March 20th 08 11:10 AM
Ping Sherry Marina Cat anecdotes 5 January 25th 06 11:37 PM
PING: Sherry dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 6 January 18th 05 06:56 PM