(OT) Selling Jewelry

Old July 21st 11, 12:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Selling Jewelry

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 20, 11:54 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Jul 20, 8:18 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
I sold some of my rhinestone jewelry but now I'm divesting myself of
the
semi-precious stuff left to me by my mother.

If you know of anyone who is interested in antique cameos please let
me
know. I have two of them. Both belonged to my grandmother and were
given
to my mother. I've got one from the 1920's on Craigslist. (I haven't
listed the one that belonged to my great grandmother yet.) They're
both
coral set in 14K gold. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of
the
stylized sterling silver brooches yet. I'm thinking eBay but I have
take
more pictures first.

Jill

I used to love cameos. Jill, you might get a magnifying glass and look
carefully to see if they are signed. It could affect the value a lot.

I've checked for signatures. I did that on the rhinestone pins, too.
Sorry
to say, no signatures.

1920's jewelry was always my favorite, especially the lavaliers and
art deco style. Small cameos were hard to find, and the really large
ones
look stupid
on me.

Sherry

Cameos are definitely old fashioned. One of them was the "something
borrowed" worn by a friend at her wedding back 1980. I'm afraid I don't
know what a lavalier is.

Jill- Hide quoted text -

It's just a pendant that goes on a chain. Usually set with colored
gemstones
and usually have a dangly thing on the bottom, usually a freshwater
pearl or something.

Sherry

Oh! I've got some of those, too! I never knew what they were called. One
of them has tiny seed pearls in the setting. The dangly bit is in the
center; it's an aquamarine. Then there's one set with amethyst. Those are
in 10K gold.

My favourite one is actually blue and green enamel set in silver. (It does
have hallmarks on the back.) I have a photo of my grandmother from the turn
of the 20th century and she's wearing the silver lavalier! It shows up
clearly in the old photo. She was about 17 in the picture. Everyone was
wearing their Sunday best... dresses down to the ankles and high button
shoes I definitely still wear that necklace. It's timeless.

Jill

Old July 21st 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

wrote in message

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46690505QyPrIL

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46690505QyPrIL

The two pictures are identical. In fact, it's the same link - look at
them. How did you see two different pictures??

The cameo is lovely, though.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...46690505gNflCe

Thanks, that one is also really pretty. I'm no expert about them, I just
like what I see.

Joyce

--
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.