Is acwd totally dead?

Old January 23rd 04, 08:52 PM
Duke of URL

Default Is acwd totally dead?

I thought alt.cats.world.domination sounded interesting, but not a
single post has appeared in it for over two months. Is it a dead NG I
can delete?

Old January 23rd 04, 10:13 PM
Hopitus2

I dunno...rpca is the only cat-related ng I frequent, because of the
ambiance here. I used to surf other ones (they do come and go) and the most
interesting I ever wandered across was one a couple years ago dedicated to
cat-hero anime cartoons from Japan! The posters were mostly Merkins, not
Japanese, but there were Nippon devotees as well....they didn't have
discussions as we know them here at rpca, but mostly posted re this or that
installment of an ongoing anime cat-hero cartoon (which I was able to sample
on several websites). Unfortunately, don't recall any names of either the
ng, the websites, or the anime cat-hero (this whole thing sounds wierd, I
know, but I swear it's true). If you're looking for interesting cat-related
ng's, my advice is keep surfing in your ISP's menu......

"Duke of URL" macbenahATkdsiDOTnet wrote in message
: I thought alt.cats.world.domination sounded interesting, but not a
: single post has appeared in it for over two months. Is it a dead NG I
: can delete?
:
:

Old January 23rd 04, 11:39 PM
Yowie

"Duke of URL" macbenahATkdsiDOTnet wrote in message
I thought alt.cats.world.domination sounded interesting, but not a
single post has appeared in it for over two months. Is it a dead NG I
can delete?

It was just one of those stupid alt. groups made up on someone's whim and
was never intended to be taken seriously. I joined for a few days, and it
was just a Spam collection point and a few people being incredibly crude. I
don't think it really ever had anything to do with cats.

Just delete it, is my advice.

Yowie

Old January 24th 04, 12:44 AM
Duke of URL

In u,
Yowie radiated into the
WorldWideWait:
"Duke of URL" macbenahATkdsiDOTnet wrote in message

I thought alt.cats.world.domination sounded interesting, but not a
single post has appeared in it for over two months. Is it a dead
NG I can delete?

It was just one of those stupid alt. groups made up on someone's
whim and was never intended to be taken seriously. I joined for a
few days, and it was just a Spam collection point and a few people
being incredibly crude. I don't think it really ever had anything
to do with cats.
Just delete it, is my advice.

Done.

Old January 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

It was just one of those stupid alt. groups made up on someone's whim and
was never intended to be taken seriously. I joined for a few days, and it
was just a Spam collection point and a few people being incredibly crude. I
don't think it really ever had anything to do with cats.

Just delete it, is my advice.

Pine Cone thinks he could have fun with it. He says that he can be
world dictator and the rest of the group can help him rule the world.

Pam S. wondering if he's serious
Old January 24th 04, 08:06 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Tanada
wrote:

Pine Cone thinks he could have fun with it. He says that he can be
world dictator and the rest of the group can help him rule the world.

Pam S. wondering if he's serious

Knowing Mr Cone he proably IS and we should be AFRAID.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old January 24th 04, 08:56 PM
Tanada

SUQKRT wrote:

In article , Tanada
wrote:

Pine Cone thinks he could have fun with it. He says that he can be
world dictator and the rest of the group can help him rule the world.

Pam S. wondering if he's serious

Knowing Mr Cone he proably IS and we should be AFRAID.
Suz
Macmoosette

At the request (he made me remove the word "orders") of my furry butted
owner, I did a search for alt.cats.world.domination and couldn't find
it. I don't know if I'm happy or not. Pine Cone, however, is
definitely perturbed and is following me around to sit with his furry
butt towards me. I think he feels that the lack of said group is my
fault.

Pam S.
Old January 26th 04, 01:23 PM
David Stevenson

Hopitus2 wrote
I dunno...rpca is the only cat-related ng I frequent, because of the
ambiance here. I used to surf other ones (they do come and go) and the most
interesting I ever wandered across was one a couple years ago dedicated to
cat-hero anime cartoons from Japan! The posters were mostly Merkins, not
Japanese, but there were Nippon devotees as well....they didn't have
discussions as we know them here at rpca, but mostly posted re this or that
installment of an ongoing anime cat-hero cartoon (which I was able to sample
on several websites). Unfortunately, don't recall any names of either the
ng, the websites, or the anime cat-hero (this whole thing sounds wierd, I
know, but I swear it's true). If you're looking for interesting cat-related
ng's, my advice is keep surfing in your ISP's menu......

I keep a list of cat newsgroups at

http://blakjak.com/cat_news.htm

However, I have never heard of acwd. Frankly, I am not that
interested in one-hit wonders, but if there are any cat NGs that have
been active for a time but are not on my list please let me know.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old January 26th 04, 01:33 PM
Nanki Poo

Tanada wrote
Yowie wrote:

It was just one of those stupid alt. groups made up on someone's whim and
was never intended to be taken seriously. I joined for a few days, and it
was just a Spam collection point and a few people being incredibly crude. I
don't think it really ever had anything to do with cats.

Just delete it, is my advice.

Pine Cone thinks he could have fun with it. He says that he can be
world dictator and the rest of the group can help him rule the world.

Pam S. wondering if he's serious

Meeaarrroowwww!

I am having enough trouble with Minke who has decided he likes me and
wants to sit on me and bite me and play with my tail, so I do not want
to have to train Pine Cone as well.

But be warned I shall if I have to. World domination indeed!

Mrow
*NP*

--
Purrs and headbutts from: /\_/\ /\ /\
Nanki Poo =( ^*^ )= @ @
Old January 26th 04, 08:16 PM
Tanada

Nanki Poo wrote:

Tanada wrote

Pine Cone thinks he could have fun with it. He says that he can be
world dictator and the rest of the group can help him rule the world.

Pam S. wondering if he's serious

Meeaarrroowwww!

I am having enough trouble with Minke who has decided he likes me and
wants to sit on me and bite me and play with my tail, so I do not want
to have to train Pine Cone as well.

But be warned I shall if I have to. World domination indeed!

Mrow
*NP*

Don't worry Nanki Poo. Pine Cone is chagrined that our server doesn't
carry alt.cats.world.domination. He's been mollifying his ego by
pointing out that cats already have world domination and don't "need no
stinkin' newsgroup to prove it." Personally, I think he's just pleased
that we finally found and returned his favorite collar.

Pam S.