Cat Gives Birth...

Old April 15th 04, 12:56 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Cat Gives Birth...

....on police officer's lap!

This story was on my local news this morning. If I see it in an online
newspaper I'll post the URL.

In the meantime, the report was that a police officer was sitting in
his patrol car when a cat jumped through the window. He shoo'd the cat
out, but she jumped back in. He decided that if she wanted in so badly
she could stay, and drove off on patrol with her curled up in his lap.
He pulled another car over in a traffic stop, and as he started to get
out of his patrol car he realized that the cat in his lap was giving
birth!

Three kittens were born by mama, and the officer is said to be
considering adoption.

They did show the mama and her babies on TV, I hope her hoomins (if
any) will see and claim her!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Old April 15th 04, 03:09 PM
MaryL

[...]

With an officer like that (willing to let her give birth on his lap), I
rather hope no one else does claim her. It sounds like she would have a
wonderful home with that officer. A mama cat that close to givin birth
should have been in a clean, *indoor,* protected environment. That, alone,
would cause me think that she wasn't being well-cared-for.

MaryL

Old April 15th 04, 10:35 PM
polonca12000

Amazing! What a great story! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
...on police officer's lap!

snip

Old April 15th 04, 10:35 PM
polonca12000

Old April 16th 04, 12:23 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 06:56:11 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

...on police officer's lap!

This story was on my local news this morning. If I see it in an online
newspaper I'll post the URL.

In the meantime, the report was that a police officer was sitting in
his patrol car when a cat jumped through the window. He shoo'd the cat
out, but she jumped back in. He decided that if she wanted in so badly
she could stay, and drove off on patrol with her curled up in his lap.
He pulled another car over in a traffic stop, and as he started to get
out of his patrol car he realized that the cat in his lap was giving
birth!

Three kittens were born by mama, and the officer is said to be
considering adoption.

They did show the mama and her babies on TV, I hope her hoomins (if
any) will see and claim her!

Here's a link to this story from a local TV station's website. There's
a video of the entire report (including introduction and "newsanchor
happy chat" about it afterward) and a text w/photos version too:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/0414...tdelivery.html

This link is for a different TV station's report (video only). The
info presented is quite different from the above ABC affiliate's
report. The link is currently on the right side of the page in the
Feedroom Video section, headlined "Cop Serves And Protects Felines"
(click the Send Video button to start playback):

http://www.nbc5.com/news/index.html