If we ever needed purrs

Old September 26th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs-Update

Lesley wrote:

Not a bad day- Dave is better in himself and I have managed more or
less to calm down...

****ed off first thing, had to call work and ended up talking to
someone who's major concern was that I am only allowed 2 days for
"Family emergencies" so I could have 3 days unpaid leave for which she
was insistent I had to understand I would have to pay back- she got a
bit upset when I said something along the lines of "So if he dies I get
6 days compassionate leave and won't that solve all your litt;e
problems"

Got to the hospital.....Not in the best of moods after that through to
be fair my actual line manager was sweet

Anyway Dave is on a fluid restriction. Here we meet an irony- they want
him to eat more he doesn't wanna because if he eats he normally has
coffee/water with his meal but he's being rationed....

Nearly killed one junior doctor= the whole thing seems to me to be that
because Dave was born (And yes some doctor did have to somewhat block
his copybook by having to ask what "Congenital" meant) with -so called
disability that some people seem to think he ain't bright and as for
me...

They keep asking me if I am his carer...and no one seems to believe
that yes, when he was ill I had to do that )as he would do for me if
needed) I am his partner

It's the F***king 21st century and they seem unable to deal with the
idea that a person they define as 'diabled " as able to have a normal
relationship

One charming little medical student has said that they can rehome him
(Note somehow I never got mentioned) to a nice flat in Hackney where
the shops are just round the corner and he'll fit right in with all
the elderly and disabled....

Dave does not want ro be put in a ghetto least of all in Hackney as he
said it\s not like a nice flat in say Chelsea and they are saying he
wouldn't be allowed pets because their line seems to be that he isn't
able to look after a pet ie we would have to send the Furballs to a
local kill shelter

Anyway I have had ebough of this ignorant prat

Tomorrow more tests maybe know tomorrow- he's almost certainly going to
be in for a week or so

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Update you when I have more news

Old September 26th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Lesley wrote:

Whoops!!!

Dunno why that got sent twice!!

Old September 26th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Old September 26th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default If we ever needed purrs

Lesley wrote:
Forgive bad typing

Using Dave's keyboard which is a mess

Dave got taken to hosp Friday may be serious

All purrs PLEASE

MS has been siggested along with the big C might be not as major but
he is in is for a week or more

Forgive bad typing had almostno sleep for a few days

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Our strongest purrs are on the way for both of you.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 26th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Lesley" wrote:
Forgive bad typing

Using Dave's keyboard which is a mess

Dave got taken to hosp Friday may be serious

All purrs PLEASE

MS has been siggested along with the big C might be not as major but
he is in is for a week or more

Forgive bad typing had almostno sleep for a few days

Gosh, purrs for poor Dave! Whatever they diagnose, I hope it's not
too major. And I hope he isn't too uncomfortable.

Old September 26th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:

We're not married-nearly smacked a guy about that yesterday I was
having a break in the pub (Before any says anything-where Dave is, to
go for a break means risking the local population of verbally if
you're lucky abusive wino's to get to a MacDonalds whereas the pub
provided me with some peace and quiet and a huge and much needed lunch!
When I saw it I thought I wouldn;t be able to eat all of it but I HAD
to eat something, next thing I know I am chasing the last pea and
wondering if they would notice if I licked the pattern off the plate-
You cannot imagine how much I needed that! There isb't a lot of point
in me getting ill as he gets better ) and this old couple were talking
about how people today don't get married they just live together and if
things gets bad " They just run out" and I am sitting there thinking of
saying " So we never stood up in church and vowed for richer and poorer
and in sickness and in health but I'm here and I'm doing it!!"

Just changed keyboards so am now able to type!!!

I'm glad you got a good meal under your belt! You have to take care of
yourself to be able to be there for Dave. Purrs continuing.

Old September 26th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Lesley wrote:

[...]

OMG, Lesley, I am so very sorry that things are so difficult for you and
Dave. First, you know you don't have to worry about anyone here giving you
a hard time about relaxing at a pub for awhile. You need to take some time
away for yourself during this time, otherwise you could make yourself sick.
So take time for you during this. The cats are in the process of packaging
up several boxes of litterbox offerings for your coworker as well as inept
junior doctors who apparently have negative-zero bedside manners. I have to
warn you, however, I am very unorganized when it comes to mailing packages
so Dave will probably be out of the hospital by the time I get the package
mailed. .... And Ginger-lyn, if you should get a box of litterbox offerings
from me, just realized I screwed up and sent the wrong package to your
address. Don't take it personally ;0

Purrs, headbutts and hugs,
Julie, Hobbes, Sam, Lacey and Barnabus

Old September 26th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Lesley wrote:

she got a
bit upset when I said something along the lines of "So if he dies I get
6 days compassionate leave and won't that solve all your litt;e
problems"

Haha! That's a good one. You don't want to mess with someone who's just
looked mortality right in the face...

Nearly killed one junior doctor=

Hang in there Lesley. This medical system is so frustrating. I felt like
I had to be on guard all of the time for my sig. other too, since he was
not able to watch out for himself. It's exhausting by itself, and then
on top of getting little or no sleep -- just know that you are going to
be on edge for awhile.

Take care of yourself first. That's hard because it feels selfish, but
you have to be in top form to help him. Don't skip any meals and make
sure you eat lots of healthy things.

Do your best and try not to kill any doctors -- ha! I know Dave
appreciates everything, even if he doesn't realize that right now. I
know my sig. other months later realized all that I did for him while he
was in the hospital and recuperating.

Take care, and good work on finding out that cleaning the living room is
better than tossing and turning in bed...

Rhonda

Old September 26th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

On 24 Sep 2006 15:41:50 -0700 Lesley wrote:

Forgive bad typing

Using Dave's keyboard which is a mess

Dave got taken to hosp Friday may be serious

All purrs PLEASE

MS has been siggested along with the big C might be not as major but
he is in is for a week or more

Forgive bad typing had almostno sleep for a few days

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Sending all purrs and comforting headbutts we can muster.

Squarely Yours
Michael

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with tomcat-cats Blacky and Merlin