If we ever needed purrs

Old September 26th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default If we ever needed purrs-Update

Julie and Sam wrote:

mailed. .... And Ginger-lyn, if you should get a box of litterbox offerings
from me, just realized I screwed up and sent the wrong package to your
address. Don't take it personally ;0

Oh,so you *did* mean litterbox offerings!! Hahahahaha, my mistake.
Sowee! :-)

--tension

Old September 26th 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Lesley wrote:

Anyway I have had ebough of this ignorant prat

Tomorrow more tests maybe know tomorrow- he's almost certainly going to
be in for a week or so

Hi Lesley, Tension here

I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the hospital. I
mean I am
sorry about everything you and Dave are going through at the moment,
but I
am particularly sorry about the hospital experience you are having
because it
is the very last thing you need at the moment on top of everything
else.

I am not sure if it is in your nature, but you might feel the need to
make your voice
heard at moments like that, since patients and families can be the best
teachers
of medical students (I know because I was one once)...and a smart
thwack of a
remark might serve as a timely lesson that could make the difference
between a
budding a$$hole, and potentially valuable physician. I know it
certainly isn't your
job to educate them, but it might also serve to make you feel better,
and a little
less helpless while Dave is in other people's hands who don't seem to
recognize
your entitlement as a part of his life. As they say, the squeaky wheel
gets the
oil. If you start to show some serious irritation, especially towards
the senior
doctors, about the behaviour of the junior house staff, you might just
get some response, or at least a little more care about how they let
their loose lips fly
in front of you.

Very unprofessional of them, I might add, as an expert. They should be
jumping
at the opportunity of having someone who is willing to take on all the
aspects of
home care that they are so worried about. Talk about looking a gift
horse in the
mouth! So to speak. ;-)

Please feel free to field any medical questions you have during this
time of crisis,
I don't mind at all. It's the least I can do to make up for silly
junior colleagues asinine
behaviour.

--tension

Old September 26th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Rhonda wrote:

Do your best and try not to kill any doctors -- ha! I know Dave
appreciates everything, even if he doesn't realize that right now. I
know my sig. other months later realized all that I did for him while he
was in the hospital and recuperating.

The main thing I did yesterday to cheer him up was to find small
bottles of his favourite orange juice so he can drink. They've upped
his fluid limitation through so he can now plan a bit better.

Take care, and good work on finding out that cleaning the living room is
better than tossing and turning in bed...

And I did vacuum but as that's Dave's job so the result is more a
tribute to enthusiasm than getting dust up!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 26th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

I am not sure if it is in your nature, but you might feel the need to
make your voice
heard at moments like that,

I try to- Dave tells me I shouldn't because when I speak they're
assuming that as a "disabled person" he can't speak for himself

budding a$$hole, and potentially valuable physician. I know it
certainly isn't your
job to educate them,

The winner yesterday was a pharnacist who asked Dave if he had been
taking any medication before he came in and Dave said "No" so she
frowned and asked him again and he repeated the negative answer so she
turned to me and said " Has he been taking any medication prescribed by
his GP prior to admission?" I bit my lip and said "He just told you
that"

Please feel free to field any medical questions you have during this
time of crisis,
I don't mind at all. It's the least I can do to make up for silly
junior colleagues asinine
behaviour.

Thanks- I think one of the things that annoys them most is that I speaka da lingo (Medical secretary) and more than one of them has used an obscure term and felt really smug about it until I've translated!

And as for the next one to make a lifestyle judgement on Dave...

Oh well I had best get dressed and get ready for another day of WW3!!

Cheers

Old September 26th 06, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos

Default If we ever needed purrs

On 24 Sep 2006 15:41:50 -0700, "Lesley" wrote:

All purrs PLEASE

Absolutely, all the purrs we can muster. Many, many good thoughts
and hopes for a wonderful recovery ASAP. Hugs!!!

Jeanne
Old September 26th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Lesley wrote:

Not a bad day- Dave is better in himself and I have managed more or
less to calm down...

****ed off first thing, had to call work and ended up talking to
someone who's major concern was that I am only allowed 2 days for
"Family emergencies" so I could have 3 days unpaid leave for which she
was insistent I had to understand I would have to pay back- she got a
bit upset when I said something along the lines of "So if he dies I
get 6 days compassionate leave and won't that solve all your litt;e
problems"

Got to the hospital.....Not in the best of moods after that through
to be fair my actual line manager was sweet

Anyway Dave is on a fluid restriction. Here we meet an irony- they
want him to eat more he doesn't wanna because if he eats he normally
has coffee/water with his meal but he's being rationed....

Nearly killed one junior doctor= the whole thing seems to me to be
that because Dave was born (And yes some doctor did have to somewhat
block his copybook by having to ask what "Congenital" meant) with -so
called disability that some people seem to think he ain't bright and
as for me...

They keep asking me if I am his carer...and no one seems to believe
that yes, when he was ill I had to do that )as he would do for me if
needed) I am his partner

It's the F***king 21st century and they seem unable to deal with the
idea that a person they define as 'diabled " as able to have a normal
relationship

One charming little medical student has said that they can rehome him
(Note somehow I never got mentioned) to a nice flat in Hackney where
the shops are just round the corner and he'll fit right in with all
the elderly and disabled....

Dave does not want ro be put in a ghetto least of all in Hackney as he
said it\s not like a nice flat in say Chelsea and they are saying he
wouldn't be allowed pets because their line seems to be that he isn't
able to look after a pet ie we would have to send the Furballs to a
local kill shelter

Anyway I have had ebough of this ignorant prat

Tomorrow more tests maybe know tomorrow- he's almost certainly going
to be in for a week or so

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Update you when I have more news

Still purring for Dave and you. It was very kind of you to let that medical
student live, the mood I've been in recently I don't think I would have.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 26th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Lesley wrote:

Whoops!!!

Dunno why that got sent twice!!

That often seems to happen with Google Groups, don't worry about it.

Old September 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Lesley wrote:

Forgive bad typing

Using Dave's keyboard which is a mess

Dave got taken to hosp Friday may be serious

All purrs PLEASE

MS has been siggested along with the big C might be not as major but
he is in is for a week or more

Forgive bad typing had almostno sleep for a few days

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We are sending lots of purrs and best wishes for Dave and hugs for you,
Lesley, I hope you can get some sleep,
Polonca and Soncek

Old September 27th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Julie and Sam wrote:

First, you know you don't have to worry about anyone here giving you
a hard time about relaxing at a pub for awhile.

Ahhh today I did it and a nurse commented they could smell beer on me I
said I went to the pub and they got most disaproving- surely I could
have gone to the hospital restaurant or maybe to one of the fine eating
establishments in Whitechapel High Street

I regret to say here's a rough summary of what they got.... (I was
****ed off at the time)

*The pub is quiet so I can make the calls I need to make like to his
mum without too much background noise. And I get a decent break can sit
and read the papers and unwind! I WORK for the NHS do you THINK I would
actually WANT to eat in the canteen I KNOW what the food is like! So
you want me to go to the high street where I have the following options
for lunch and I do so need to eat because if I don't I could end up ill
which is no good! Let me see, fish and chips okay but I don't LIKE deep
fried food so that really cuts out every other place because they sell
fried chicken which I hate or there's MacDonalds or maybe I could just
get a sarnie. As it was I had a lightly grilled tuna steak served on a
huge bed of mixed salad which is probably much healthier than anything
else. And yes I had a beer to wash it down....what's your porblem?"

We're both getting known for the wrong attitude!

Lesley

Old September 27th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Hi Tweed

I know you work in social services but in child protection BUT can you
comment on this can they force Dave and me to live somewhere we don't
wanna (And they are suggesting he isn't fit to be in charge of a cat so
someone is talking about calling the RSPCA)???

HELP!!!!

Lesley