The King is Dead ...........

Old October 24th 04, 07:44 PM
William Hamblen

On 2004-10-24, Kreisleriana wrote:

I really like the two previous Titanic movies better.

I always liked "The Last Voyage", starring Dorothy Malone, Robert Stack
and the Ile de France. Malone never lost an eyelash, regardless of how
wet she got.

I don't recall whether there was a ship's cat.

Old October 24th 04, 07:44 PM
William Hamblen

Old October 24th 04, 08:09 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:34:00 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

I wish I could collect things like dresses and gowns. Unfortunately,
Tribble(RB) and/or Natasha took rather large tastes of my old prom
dress (that I thought I'd put well away) and later of a silk kimono
that I'd bought in Japan. ;_; After that I just didn't bother to try
again.

Garment bags are your friend

That's the problem, they were in garment bags and I thought they'd be
safe. But the garment bags had "kitty surgery" performed on them. I
guess they weren't of heavy enough construction.

Out of curiosity, were the ballgowns for the Corps birthday ball? I know

this is stupid, but there was this episode of "Major Dad" where
it was the Corps birthday, and they were having a big dinner and
dance. IIRC the men were wearing these *really* fancy uniforms (not
just Blues), and the women were all in ballgowns... but I don't know
what's TV and what's reality.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Yes, the annual Marine Corps Birthday Ball and those *were* dress blues the
men wore. Dad with all his ribbons and medals (he retired a full bird
Colonel after serving in WWII, Korea and two tours in Nam).

These TV uniforms almost looked 18th or 19th century style. IIRC had
cumberbuns. I found a picture that I think was what was on TV, on the
website they call it the evening dress uniform.

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...ges/PlateV.jpg

This is what I think of when I think of USMC "Blues":

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...s/PlateIII.jpg
http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...es/PlateIV.jpg

(perhaps I'm not allowed to comment, but I think the uniform
combination of khaki shirt worn with the blue pants/skirt is *ugly*!!!
and shouldn't be allowed Otherwise, the USMC has some of the
sharpest looking uniforms around!)

It was really
fun when we lived in Bangkok and Mom had her gowns custom made. Gold silk
brocade in an Asian style with frog buttons and quite the scandalous split
up the front. Pink Thai silk covered in frothy lace the next year. But my
favourite must have been the long slim white silk sheeth skirt and top
matching covered in iridescent sequins in 1966. Wowsa!

The trip where I bought the kimono in Japan, we also visited Hong
Kong. I was *so* tempted to buy clothes there...

Mom still has the silk brocade but she's tiny. Doesn't fit me, and I'm not
big.

That's why I didn't buy clothes in Hong Kong. It was relatively
inexpensive (given exchange rates), but I knew I wouldn't be able to
wear anything I bought very often or long before I outgrew it.

I'm still trying to play catch-up. The last gown I bought was at the end of
2003. Gold lame, with a long draped train off one shoulder and the other
shoulder bare. The gown fits like it was like it was tailored for me!
Perfect if I ever attend the Golden Globes or the Oscars. Yeah, right!
Well, who knows - it might happen! John's "nephew" by a former long term
relationship but not marriage is actor Peter Sarsgaard. He was up for a
Golden Globe this year.

Oh cool! Well, even if you don't go to one of those, some other
occasion will come up where you can wear something like that

Old October 24th 04, 08:54 PM
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:11:20 +0100, "Adrian"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:49:00 GMT, "Yoj"
yodeled:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Don't know about how well some of them can act, but my favorite
Hollywood eye candy...

Paul Newman
Sean Connery
Harrison Ford

Middle-Agers:
Pierce Brosnan

Young(ish):
Brad Pitt
Jude Law
Kevin Sorbo

(Looks like) Jail Bait:
Leonardo DiCaprio

Hugs,

CatNipped

I certainly agree about Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, and Pierce
Brosnan, but where is Tom Hanks?

Joy

Two words: Ralph Fiennes.

swoon thud!

How about Ralph Fiennes with a couple of kittens? ;-)

thud thud

Theresa

There are far too many hormones flying about here. A bucket of -5C
water is coming the way of you all. Whooosh..

Tweed

If the water was -5°C, wouldn't it go clunk, not whooosh? ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Not if I kept stirring it so it just had ice particles in.. It would just
damp everything down ;-)

Tweed

Deo is still King Bev Cat anecdotes 16 April 19th 04 07:42 PM
Is acwd totally dead? Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 9 January 26th 04 07:16 PM
Dozens Of Dead Cats Removed From Woman's Garage Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 18 December 26th 03 12:11 AM
l O O king 4 "The Cat Carol" Terry R Cat anecdotes 1 December 8th 03 08:27 PM