Oliver is missing! Urgent Purr Request

Old April 5th 04, 04:27 AM
Margaret Fine

Victor Martinez wrote:

Homing purrs on the way for Oliver to come back home!!! Please keep us
posted.

Victor,

Thank the Fantastic Seven for the purrs! He was found safe and sound
and Meowmie is a very happy camper!
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:30 AM
Margaret Fine

Sherry wrote:

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

He is micro chipped and we've alerted the registry that he is missing.
We also called the local emergency animal clinic and local emergency
animal shelter. We're printing posters now.

I cannot even think what life would be like without him. Please purr
for us and if you have any suggestions let me know.
--
Margaret Fine

Oh Margaret, I'm so sorry. Purrs for Oliver to find his way back home. Are you
sure he's not hiding in the house?

Sherry

Thanks Sherry! Turns out that he was in the house in a space we never
knew existed under our buffet. I am glad that I found him because it
was very hard to hear him and he could have died trapped under there.

Thanks again!

Margaret

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:31 AM
Margaret Fine

CATherine wrote:

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:43:58 GMT, Margaret Fine
wrote:

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

He is micro chipped and we've alerted the registry that he is missing.
We also called the local emergency animal clinic and local emergency
animal shelter. We're printing posters now.

I cannot even think what life would be like without him. Please purr
for us and if you have any suggestions let me know.

We are sending homing purrs for oliver to find his way home safely.

CATherine, Amber, Djoser, Robin and Sheba

THANK YOU!! They worked!

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:33 AM
Margaret Fine

Lois Reay wrote:

Purrs for Oliver to return, poor baby.
and purrs for Oliver's Mum.

Lois

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

Thanks Lois. It was a very scary situation for us and now that he is
found we're all exhausted. Your purrs meant a lot to us!

Margaret
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:42 AM
Margaret Fine

lrulan wrote:

Margaret, we are purring and praying and lighting candles that Oliver finds
his way home QUICKLY! Maybe he's just hanging outside scared to move?
hugs
Jazz & his mama

Thank you so much! He was trapped in the house. I was also thinking he
was too scared to move but we're guessing he was probably napping under
the buffet when it was moved and only decided to make noise when he
wanted out to eat. He really didn't seem too fazed. In fact he went
back under there ehwn my husband was trying to examine the space to make
sure Oliver hadn't damaged anything.
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:45 AM
Margaret Fine

Dan M wrote:

I cannot even think what life would be like without him. Please purr
for us and if you have any suggestions let me know.

Oh no! THe kitties are all purring up a storm back home, as am I on the
road.

My suggestions would be:
* Check really thoroughly that he's not hiding in the house, and
* Check out sites like http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/lost_ct1.htm.
Kitties behahavior changes redically when they get stuck outdoors.

Dan M
via Flying J WiFi from Troutdale, OR

Thank you Dan. We found him trapped under our buffet so he was close to
home the whole time.

Those URLs you sent were very valuable to us and we really appreciate
you sending them.

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:46 AM
Margaret Fine

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:43:58 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

Oh poor little fellow. And poor you, your heart must be breaking.
Heartfelt purrs for his safety.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Thank you Theresa. It was very scary for allof us while he was missing
but I am happy to report he is found and in good shape! Thank you for
the Purrs.

Margaret
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:49 AM
Margaret Fine

MaryL wrote:

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
link.net...

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

--
Margaret Fine

Margaret, I'm so sorry. It is still possible that he is in the house
because he might have gone into hiding when luggage was being taken out.
Cats can hide in remarkably small places and may stay there for a long time,
especially if frightened.

Since he may be outside, I would suggest that you put out some treats to
tempt him -- something like a cans of tuna fish so that he will notice the
scent. *If it is safe,* leave your door cracked open and place a plate of
tuna just inside the door. I had something similar happen many years ago,
and I had to give up after hours of looking. I slept on a sofa near the
door (open a crack with tuna inside, as I described). When I woke up, my
cat was sitting on the sofa, looking down at me!

MaryL

Thank you for all the great suggestions! You were right, he was in the
house. He was exploring and got trapped when we moved some furniture
back. I did leave the door cracked open, hoping that he would show up.
I feel sorry for my guests because I made them unpack their suitcases to
make sure he hadn't crawled into them. He actually loves getting into
them and laying on all the folded clothing!

Thanks again!

Margaret

--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 04:52 AM
Margaret Fine

Joy, we found him! I am positive that it was everyone's purrs that made
me look at just the eight time to see his little paw sticking out from
under the buffet. He is getting extra kisses and tuna from all of us
tonight! He doesn't seem to think being missing was a big deal but is
accepting the tuna and kisses anyway!

Margaret

Yoj wrote:

Purrs are on their way.

--
Joy

Human Purr Request Az Cat anecdotes 19 December 15th 03 07:28 AM
Hoomin Purr Request Stacey Cat anecdotes 25 December 15th 03 07:21 AM
SH*T!!! Purr Request Tanada Cat anecdotes 31 November 2nd 03 02:15 AM
A purr request from Kate Marina Cat anecdotes 22 October 9th 03 09:38 PM
ANOTHER Purr Request Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 15 September 4th 03 06:36 AM