Today

Old April 5th 04, 06:37 AM
John Biltz

Default Today

I stayed up until 0630 this morning to watch the F1 race and tried to
sleep in. At 1000 I am awakened by a pair of cats who have no mercy,
unfortunately they are mine and they were on the bed with me. What kind
of gratitude is that, Bruiser got to carouse outside all night. Of
course both of them then decided to nap about 90 minutes later. Felt
just awful all day. I only need 5 hours of sleep a day so its not just
the sleep. Just a few minutes ago, I went outside and Maya followed. I
was curious where Bruiser had gotten of to. He came running when he saw
us outside. Maya chased him around a little, just to show him who was
boss and to have a little sport. I hung out for a few minutes and just
as I opened the door to come in, there were cat screams and sounds of
fighting. Sure enough right where I left Maya and Bruiser were two cats
going at it like they meant it. I didn't think to make a positive ID, I
just assumed it was Maya and Bruiser and it looked like Maya was killing
the kid. Big surprise there, not that she was winning, despite being
bigger, he is a lover not a fighter and Maya is a stone cold ninja killer
of a cat, but she has never attacked him. As I started forward, the
other cat took of and I realized when I saw the tail it wasn't Bruiser.
It was a neighborhood tom. I have no idea where Bruiser took of to. I
was gone literally seconds. I'm guessing either he tried to jump Bruiser
and Maya took offense. But Bruiser and the tom hang out all the time and
are normally friendly. So he may have just came over to say hello and
was jumped by an antisocial Maya and Bruiser just fled. Bruiser came in
a few minutes later.

Old April 5th 04, 07:35 PM
Margaret Fine

John Biltz wrote:

[...]

If Maya did defend Bruiser it was probably in the vein of "hey, he may
be a brat but he is my little brat. Paws off" at least that is what I
did as big sister to 3 little brothers. :-)
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 08:47 PM
John Biltz

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:35:59 -0700, Margaret Fine wrote
(in article k.net):

If Maya did defend Bruiser it was probably in the vein of "hey, he may
be a brat but he is my little brat. Paws off" at least that is what I
did as big sister to 3 little brothers. :-)

She's done it before when he was much smaller. Its more a question of
whether or not the other cat would attack him or her. Judging from the
way the toms are acting right now I think they would. I wish Maya and
Bruiser were more like each other on this. Maya is too willing and
Bruiser just doesn't get the idea of serious fighting at all. Its not
that he isn't aggressive. He is perfectly willing to bull his way in
like he has a divine right to whatever he wants but a serious fight just
confuses him. I don't really know why. He's lived his whole life around
Maya so it isn't as though he hasn't seen a bunch of them. He's just a
big fluffy teddy bear of a cat.

Old April 5th 04, 08:58 PM
Yoj

"John Biltz" wrote in message
[...]