"Cat-Proof Christmas Tree!"

Old December 19th 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default "Cat-Proof Christmas Tree!"

How to "Cat-Proof" Your Christmas Tree

1. Buy a cardboard box big enough to hold the tree. Paint it red and
yellow. Paste pictures of cats playing with toys on the box. Write
phrases on the box like: "Giant very expensive cat toy." "Your cat
will LOVE it!" "No cat can resist!" "Hours and hours of fun!" "Only
$99,999,999.99!"

2. Bring the tree home inside the box, and round up your cats. Say,
"look what mommy got you! A giant, really really expensive cat toy!
You will go NUTS! I can't wait to see you play with this!"

3. Force the cats to watch you put up the tree and decorate it. If
they drift off towards the cardboard box, bring them back to the tree
and point at it while saying things like "you had better play with
this thing, mommy spent a month's salary on it."

4. When the tree is decorated, wave some branches in their face and
shout, "come on and play! Lookee here, the branches move, see? Kitty
is supposed to swat at the branches and have lots and lots of fun!
Hey, come back here! You come back here right now and play with this
tree. See how much fun it is? HEY. I'M TALKING TO YOU. Get out of that
box right now, mister. The box is NOT a toy. THIS is the toy."

If you do this with enough sincerity, your cats will avoid the tree
like it was a foaming mad Rottweiler. Of course, you'll be stuck with
a big ugly cardboard box in your living room all through the holidays,
but it can always double as a buffet table.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 19th 05, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! How true. It probably also works with small children. ;-)

Joy

Old December 19th 05, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:37:03 -0500, Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

A little reverse psychology!
I tried reverse psychology on my son when he was about 15 years old.
He had the habit of dropping his clothes on the floor and never hanging
them up or putting the dirty ones in the hamper. So -- I would make a
pile of them and just leave them on the floor. This went on for a week or
so. One day he knocked on the bathroom door and said "Mother, where would
you like the clothes piled today?"
Old December 19th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thanks for the laugh
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan