Tomorrow, the scan results (OT)

Old May 1st 12, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tomorrow, the scan results (OT)

I will get the results from the CT scan of my sinuses and the MRI scan of my
brain tomorrow from my own doctor.
I've been waiting since 8th February.

The thing is, that the loss of smell and taste (which I have had since
August 2012) can be from a tumour, and I am always waiting for my cancer to
strike again.

So I phoned my ENT (Ear nose & throat) consultant's secretary just before
Easter to enquire about the results. She said she would fax them to my
doctor and said "so many people are phoning for their results today"
Maybe they waited too long then, eh?
Anyway, I assume she did, and she told me to make an appointment with my
doctor to talk it though, but I had to wait for the doc I wanted until
tomorrow. Now when they say "talk it through, that's a bit of a worry,
isn't it?"
However, the ENT consultant sent me a copy letter he'd sent to my GP a few
days ago with nothing much in it except to say that my scans were
"unremarkable"
Which means I don't have a tumour.

I'm still going to the docs tomorrow to see what the full results are.
There is still something wrong. I cannot taste tea, it's like drinking hot
water, and that is very dire for a Brit.
There are lots of other things I cannot taste too. Prawns (I loved them..)

Tweed

Old May 1st 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I will get the results from the CT scan of my sinuses and the MRI scan of my
brain tomorrow from my own doctor.
I've been waiting since 8th February.

Finally!! Good lord.

Would they really make you wait that long if you did have a tumor? That
would be criminal.

So I phoned my ENT (Ear nose & throat) consultant's secretary just before
Easter to enquire about the results. She said she would fax them to my
doctor and said "so many people are phoning for their results today"
Maybe they waited too long then, eh?
Anyway, I assume she did, and she told me to make an appointment with my
doctor to talk it though, but I had to wait for the doc I wanted until
tomorrow. Now when they say "talk it through, that's a bit of a worry,
isn't it?"

No, not necessarily. It might just as easily mean that you and the doctor
will look at all the results and he/she will explain it to you.

However, the ENT consultant sent me a copy letter he'd sent to my GP a few
days ago with nothing much in it except to say that my scans were
"unremarkable"
Which means I don't have a tumour.

When you're a medical patient, it's a wonderful thing to be boring.

(My ex, who suffered from seizures, would go to neurologists and they would
always say, "fascinating!" Not what you want to hear.)

I'm still going to the docs tomorrow to see what the full results are.

In other words, "talk it through."

There is still something wrong. I cannot taste tea, it's like drinking hot
water, and that is very dire for a Brit.

I'll bet! It would be dire for me, too, although not in terms of national
identity. But I do require tea to wake up in the morning.

There are lots of other things I cannot taste too. Prawns (I loved them..)

Maybe whatever's going on is treatable and you'll get that back. Or maybe
it's something that just has to run its course.

Please keep us posted! Purrs for you to bore your doctor to death.

--
Joyce

"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old May 1st 12, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am assuming (and hoping) that it means good news. I would think that the
doctor's office would have called *you* and scheduled a much earlier
appointment if the results were bad.

Sending good thoughts your way...

MaryL

Old May 1st 12, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

It should have run its course by now. I am not hopeful.
I've lost the desire to cook. What's the point if you can't taste it?
Tweed

Old May 1st 12, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, having an "unremarkable" result is good, but if I was not up to
speed with medical stuff myself, the letter I got to say that, with nothing
else, would not have reassured me.
It's not sufficient, and having sent that, he does not know that I will now
go to my GP to get the full results that I had to force from his secretary.
FGS. Waiting from February to see if you have a cancer recurrence is
difficult.
Anyway, it seems I am OK for now, but it's always waiting in the wings.
Tweed

Old May 1st 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

has any of it returned? and whilst at the qwack you might inquire about
accupuncture, extreme but ancedotally it seems to help if done consistently,
Lee

Old May 1st 12, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Good luck doesn't sound too serious although on your current form
minor surgery could be anticipated

Fingers crossed and purrs on the way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 2nd 12, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Who could have realized that "unremarkable" is such a wonderful word.

Old May 2nd 12, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Who could have realized that "unremarkable" is such a wonderful word.

Ain't that just the truth.

UPDATE: Purrs for a human - the second scan... [email protected] Cat anecdotes 5 December 29th 07 10:18 PM
Vet Results CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 June 26th 07 04:15 AM
CAT Scan Report Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 23 March 5th 06 05:13 AM
Just for fun - a CAT scan! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 15 July 9th 05 08:48 PM
Lab results OT Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 34 June 17th 05 12:47 AM