Fly suggestions needed (Not OT)

Old June 16th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Fly suggestions needed (Not OT)

Don't ask me why but we have been invaded by bluebottles- big, nasty
one's so many that even Dunzi the big black fly hunter is overwhelmed.
Don't know where they are coming from but whilst I usually respect the
right of all living things to live and they can't help being flies (I
am sure if they had a choice they'd have been cats of course) but I
want rid of them!

But I don't want to use an insecticide spray with the Fabulous
Furballs around

Does anyone have any ideas?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 16th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Does anyone have any ideas?

Do they tend to sit on your windows in the sunlight?

My dad lives in an old farmhouse and during the summer, flies come
in. LOTS of flies. They like to sit on the window, so every day he
takes the vaccuum and goes around vaccuuming the flies off the
windows. In the worst of fly season he will do it 3 times a day. It
keeps the flies down and doesn't involve pesticides.

NOTE: Change your vaccuum filter often. Or it will clog up with "bug
butter" (rather like peanut butter, only made of melted flies. Yes,
gross, I know.)

--Fil
Old June 16th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
Don't ask me why but we have been invaded by bluebottles- big, nasty
one's so many that even Dunzi the big black fly hunter is
overwhelmed.
Don't know where they are coming from but whilst I usually respect
the
right of all living things to live and they can't help being flies
(I
am sure if they had a choice they'd have been cats of course) but I
want rid of them!

But I don't want to use an insecticide spray with the Fabulous
Furballs around

Does anyone have any ideas?

They still make fly paper. The sticky stuff that used to dangle from
ceilings.

I hate the way it looks, and haven't resorted to it yet, but do have
some set aside. We usually have an invasion of flies for a week or
two in the fall.

It takes a lot to gross me out. I've raised five kids . But flies
will do it every time. I always put insecticide inside the outdoor
garbage bins as soon as they are emptied so they won't attract any
during the week and won't provide a place for them to breed.

Jo