For those who remember me

Old July 14th 05, 07:30 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:42:21 +0200, Petra Zinnen
wrote:

Hi folks,

I haven't read or posted in this group for a very long time, although
I'm a member of catslaves :-). It's just overwhelming to see the
number of postings each day in this group. I will not be able to
follow all of them.

For those who don't know or remember me: I'm german, and a slave to
four masters: Artania and Apophis, MC siblings who turned 4 this year

http://tinyurl.com/7tuus.

Last year, I lost Micah, whom I adopted from the shelter as an old cat
in October 2002, and still miss him dearly. In December 2004, Maurice
got sick (renal failure), we had to put him to sleep on Jan. 2, 2005
:-( Since we always had four cats, in September 2004 we adopted Finlay
(born May, 2004). He was a barnyard cat and very sick. We pampered
him, and he's now a huge, healthy boy, who ignores me most of the time
cause he's Daddys boy g

After losing Maurice I couldn't cope with it, and on January 4th,
Eithne moved in, also adopted from a local shelter. She's now 10 month
old, the tiniest cat, I've ever had but doesn't fear a thing ;-)

Here you can see Finlay and Eithne:

http://tinyurl.com/eyqvk

All 4 of them are very social cats who love company. All of them are
indoor cats.

Well, that's all for now.

Petra

Good to see you, Petra. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 14th 05, 08:28 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:04:08 +0200, Petra Zinnen
wrote:

I'm sure she will :-). I wouldn't mind if she's not climbing on my lap
right now. I can be very patient with animals. Years ago I took an
abused cat in, and it took a year before he trusted me enough to be in
the same room with me. I tell you, it's the most rewarding thing to
happen :-)

Just what I was thinking. I think the most rewarding things sometimes
comes from cats who are so leary when they first arrive. Course
sometimes they never become really social cats, but it's enough that
we can make them safe, and maybe in time they WILL jump up on our lap
and give us a purr - Rocky (RB) finally did and it was a GREAT day.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old July 14th 05, 10:44 PM
polonca12000

Of course we remember you, Petra! The posts on rpca are really so numerous
that I am behind all the time.
Lots of best wishes and purrs for you and your family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old July 15th 05, 12:28 AM
Christina Websell

Hi. Petra

Please excuse the top post. Where are you from in Germany? My best friend
is German, we mail almost daily and visit each other regularly. She lives
in the Wendland. She was last here 4 weeks ago.
We first met on a chicken group. Not many Germans post to English speaking
groups, as she said, she was the only one.
She'd be interested if I told her another German was posting to my cat
group.
Welcome back, btw. Too many questions, eh. ;-)

Tweed

Old July 15th 05, 12:42 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Hi. Petra

Please excuse the top post.

You know, if you worry about top posting, I can only say that it is not
necessary to quote, either... Just quote as much as you think is essential
to your reply...

--
Hans

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Old July 15th 05, 01:09 AM
Enfilade

That kitty who was injured--Imagine the kitty love she will give you
when she learns that you love her and will care for her forever.

I wish I lived close enough--I would cat sit for free.

--Fil

Old July 15th 05, 06:16 PM
Petra Zinnen

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:28:33 +0100, "Christina Websell" wrote:

Hi Christina,

Please excuse the top post. Where are you from in Germany? My best friend
is German, we mail almost daily and visit each other regularly. She lives
in the Wendland. She was last here 4 weeks ago.

I'm from Northrhein-Westfalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen), near the border
to the Netherlands, the Wendland is north from here.

Here's the map:

http://www.deutschland.de/aufeinenbl...rte.php?lang=1

Look at Nordrhein-Westfalen, picture my hometown (Herne) right in the
middle of this. Well, the Wendland you'll find at the crossing of the
borders of Niedersachsen, Brandenburg, Sachsen-Anhalt and Mecklenburg
Vorpommern. I think, it's about 450 to 500 km away from here.

We first met on a chicken group. Not many Germans post to English speaking
groups, as she said, she was the only one.

Yes, that's true. I only know of one other German, reading rpca, but
being silent mostly, just as I am ;-). I'm sort of a regular in a
german newsgroup but there's not nearly as much postings as there are
here. The number of postings here is overwhelming, and I don't know
how to follow. And, as english is not my mothers language (learned it
at school and from relatives living in GB and USA) I'm a little shy of
writing to native speakers/writers. I always fear I can't make myself
as clear as I like to. My passive skills are much more enhanced than
my active skills are *blush* Therefore, I'm silent most of the time, I
do enjoy most of the postings here, though :-))

She'd be interested if I told her another German was posting to my cat
group.
Welcome back, btw. Too many questions, eh. ;-)

Thanks for the welcoming. Not really to many questions, it's easier
for me to answer than to think of a new topic that might me
interesting. Feel free to ask more ;-)

Petra
Old July 15th 05, 06:18 PM
Petra Zinnen

On 14 Jul 2005 17:09:00 -0700, "Enfilade"
wrote:

That kitty who was injured--Imagine the kitty love she will give you
when she learns that you love her and will care for her forever.

I wish I lived close enough--I would cat sit for free.

We could change apartments for the holidays and catsit each other's
cats ;-)

Petra
Old July 15th 05, 06:40 PM
Adrian

Petra Zinnen wrote:
[...]

Your english is better than some who are born to it. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 15th 05, 08:20 PM
Petra Zinnen

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:40:16 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

Adrian,

Your english is better than some who are born to it. ;-)

You just made me blush ;-)