[OT] New Pet Peeve

Old January 10th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] New Pet Peeve

At this time of year it seems like very commercial is about a "year end"
close out, or "year end" savings. Well, these spokespeople really need
diction lessons because I keep doing double takes wondering why anyone would
want to go to a urine sale! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 10th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
At this time of year it seems like very commercial is about a "year
end" close out, or "year end" savings. Well, these spokespeople
really need diction lessons because I keep doing double takes
wondering why anyone would want to go to a urine sale! ;

Drug addicts hoping to pass their 'tests' so they won't get sent back to
rehab/prison?

Old January 11th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
At this time of year it seems like very commercial is about a "year
end" close out, or "year end" savings. Well, these spokespeople
really need diction lessons because I keep doing double takes
wondering why anyone would want to go to a urine sale! ;

Drug addicts hoping to pass their 'tests' so they won't get sent back
to rehab/prison?

What bugs me are the (local) folks who put their kids on television
commercials. Hello, you might think they are cute but the rest of the world
doesn't necessarily agree with you.

A local furniture store turned over the family business to oldest son from
said commercials... Mr. Flemming turned around and took it back after said
son ran them practically into bankruptcy. No, not a good idea to count on
your kids being "cute". Shirley Temple he wasn't. Best if you trust the
family business to the cats. They don't mess around. G

Jill

Old January 11th 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New Pet Peeve

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

What bugs me are the (local) folks who put their kids on television
commercials. Hello, you might think they are cute but the rest of the world
doesn't necessarily agree with you.

They can never enuciate.

A local furniture store turned over the family business to oldest son from
said commercials... Mr. Flemming turned around and took it back after said
son ran them practically into bankruptcy. No, not a good idea to count on
your kids being "cute". Shirley Temple he wasn't. Best if you trust the
family business to the cats. They don't mess around. G

The commericals I loathe are those Welch's Juice commercials with the
children who look and act like aliens. Their voices are like nails on a
chalboard for me. Those kids are just plain scary!
-L.

Old January 11th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 11 Jan 2006 03:36:30 -0800, "-L." wrote:

The commericals I loathe are those Welch's Juice commercials with the
children who look and act like aliens. Their voices are like nails on a
chalboard for me. Those kids are just plain scary!

AMEN!!!!!!!!
Old January 11th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

What bugs me are the (local) folks who put their kids on television
commercials. Hello, you might think they are cute but the rest of the
world
doesn't necessarily agree with you.

They can never enuciate.

A local furniture store turned over the family business to oldest son from
said commercials... Mr. Flemming turned around and took it back after said
son ran them practically into bankruptcy. No, not a good idea to count on
your kids being "cute". Shirley Temple he wasn't. Best if you trust the
family business to the cats. They don't mess around. G

The commericals I loathe are those Welch's Juice commercials with the
children who look and act like aliens. Their voices are like nails on a
chalboard for me. Those kids are just plain scary!
-L.

Ohmygawd, *YES*. The latest little girl sounds like she's talking with a
clothespin on her nose after having breathed helium!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 11th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

Ohmygawd, *YES*. The latest little girl sounds like she's talking
with a clothespin on her nose after having breathed helium!

Actually, a lot of teenaged girls sound that way to me.

Joyce
Old January 11th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ohmygawd, *YES*. The latest little girl sounds like she's talking
with a clothespin on her nose after having breathed helium!

Actually, a lot of teenaged girls sound that way to me.

Joyce

OTOH I always liked the Oscar Mayer bologna commercials,
singing the "bologna" song. Not gorgeous kids, and singing as
if they just barely had memorized their one song line - real-type
kids, of several races. To give the devil his due, those little girls
with the grape juice do sound odd but are drop-dead beautiful
girls and AFAIK have a long modeling career ahead of them.

Old January 11th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"dnr" wrote in message
news

Ohmygawd, *YES*. The latest little girl sounds like she's talking
with a clothespin on her nose after having breathed helium!

Actually, a lot of teenaged girls sound that way to me.

Joyce

OTOH I always liked the Oscar Mayer bologna commercials,
singing the "bologna" song. Not gorgeous kids, and singing as
if they just barely had memorized their one song line - real-type
kids, of several races. To give the devil his due, those little girls
with the grape juice do sound odd but are drop-dead beautiful
girls and AFAIK have a long modeling career ahead of them.

Yeah, you're right about that - the Oscar Meyer kids are adorable!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 12th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:
OTOH I always liked the Oscar Mayer bologna commercials,
singing the "bologna" song. Not gorgeous kids, and singing as
if they just barely had memorized their one song line - real-type
kids, of several races.

I liked them as well.

To give the devil his due, those little girls
with the grape juice do sound odd but are drop-dead beautiful
girls and AFAIK have a long modeling career ahead of them.

You think so? I think they look mildly deformed or alien or something.
There's just something not quite *right*.

-L.