Talking to your kitty

Old August 2nd 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Talking to your kitty

All of us have babytalked to our cats, but do any of you talk to your
cats even when they're not around?

When I had Betty, I would talk to her, and sing to her, and dance with
her, but I would continue even when I wasn't talking to her directly.
When I was washing dishes, taking a shower, taking a walk, or doing
anything else where I was too occupied to play and cuddle with Betty,
but idle enough to talk out loud or sing a ditty. Especially if
nobody is within earshot.

The things that I say are things that I would normally have said to
Betty if we happened to be cuddling. The most common are phrases
like, "I love you", and "We'll always be together". Followed by
exclamations like, "So soft!" and grammatically mangled exclamations
like, "Such whisker! Such cutifulness!"

Sometimes, these segue into songs. Some just fragments, like a single
refrain. Pretty embarrassing songs. These include:

Together Forever
Being in Love
So Pretty
Love Cat
Adorawonderbeauticute

I hope that others will say that they do this, or else I'll feel like
I'm a crazy person, always talking to myself.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Sometimes, these segue into songs. Some just fragments, like a single
refrain. Pretty embarrassing songs. These include:

Together Forever
Being in Love
So Pretty
Love Cat
Adorawonderbeauticute

I hope that others will say that they do this, or else I'll feel like
I'm a crazy person, always talking to myself.

Ha! I'm NOT the only nut who has KittySongs (tm)!

Also, when we describe what we think our cats are saying or thinking,
they each have a distinct "voice." Nocturne's voice is very elegant
and snooty, in a dictator sort of way. Smokey sounds like a
hoser/"hick." The bitties have similar voices except that Kumani's is
softer, and Tyche's is louder, faster, and interspersed with random
shrieking.

Some of the kittysongs are wordplay:

A Smokey boy
A pokey boy
A pokey Smokey boy , etc
it's so tawny
it's Kumani
scrawny tawny...Kumani etc

others are rhymes, often ripping off other songs:

I'm a cat
what do you think you're gonna do 'bout that
we spend our mornings poly in the bye
and if you move us we will scream and cry
you won't know why
I'm a cat
I spend my afternoons just getting fat
I will eat most anything I please
if I don't like it then I just might sneeze
or have to wheeze... etc.

and, sadly, there are kitten-songs full of swearing and shocking
profanities. Usually interspersed with:

"Holy f*** we're cute! And f***ing DARLING! Say we're cute little
kittens or we'll BITE YOU, b!tch!"

(We did not raise Kumani and Tyche very well at all.)

But they make us giggle because they're just so over the top, like
South Park.

--Fil

Old August 2nd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:59:45 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

[...]

My song: Cuddle up a little closer, baby mine
Cuddle up and be my little clinging vine................ MLB

Old August 2nd 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

To Sammy... (to the tune of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful")

You're beautiful,
You're beautiful,
You're beautiful, it's true.
And I saw your face,
In a crowded place, [PetsMart]
And I knew just what to do,
To always be with you. [Adopted her]

A beautiful song, and not just the lyrics get mangled when I sing it (I
can't carry a tune in a bucket and Sammy will usually come bite me to make
me stop).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Enfilade" wrote:
Ha! I'm NOT the only nut who has KittySongs (tm)!

Also, when we describe what we think our cats are saying or thinking,
they each have a distinct "voice." Nocturne's voice is very elegant
and snooty, in a dictator sort of way. Smokey sounds like a
hoser/"hick." The bitties have similar voices except that Kumani's is
softer, and Tyche's is louder, faster, and interspersed with random
shrieking.

LOL. So Smokey sounds like he's from Newfoundland or something? I
like the idea of Tyche's random shrieking.

"Holy f*** we're cute! And f***ing DARLING! Say we're cute little
kittens or we'll BITE YOU, b!tch!"

(We did not raise Kumani and Tyche very well at all.)

I have to admit that I also find South Park dialogue hilarious. I
haven't had an opportunity to watch it in a few years, but I'm pretty
sure I've seen every single episode up to season 5.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:59:45 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

All of us have babytalked to our cats, but do any of you talk to your cats
even when they're not around?

All the time.

I talk to them when they aren't around, and I also find myself singing
nonsense songs to them, sometimes when they aren't around. The
screen-savers on my computers at work is Harri Roadcat; as I'm getting
ready to leave I touch her picture and tell her "see you soon, pretty
girl".

And I can't leave the house in the morning without telling them "be happy,
healthy, safe, and comfy". Even if nobody is in the room with me

Old August 2nd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

Not crazy. But maybe you do need to think about getting a kitten.

Betty wouldn't want you to be alone.

Jo

Old August 2nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:
I hope that others will say that they do this, or else I'll feel like
I'm a crazy person, always talking to myself.

Oh, I never talk to myself, I always talk to the kitties. Even if they
are sleeping in another room. ;o)

Old August 2nd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Singh wrote:

Roxie, Roxie! Roxie, she's our girl (meow meow meow!)
Pretty--Roxie--she is--our girl--
We love our girl!

For my Roxy cat, I sing:

You know, you're a cute little heartbreaker
Roxy!
And you know, you're a sweet little lovemaker
Roxy!
I wanna take you home
I won't do you no harm, no
You've got to be all mine, all mine
Oooh, Roxy lady!

Usually gets an ear twitch or two.

Joyce
Old August 2nd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote in message
Singh wrote:

Roxie, Roxie! Roxie, she's our girl (meow meow meow!)
Pretty--Roxie--she is--our girl--
We love our girl!

For my Roxy cat, I sing:

You know, you're a cute little heartbreaker
Roxy!
And you know, you're a sweet little lovemaker
Roxy!
I wanna take you home
I won't do you no harm, no
You've got to be all mine, all mine
Oooh, Roxy lady!

Usually gets an ear twitch or two.

Joyce

Cat is probably wonder what is wrong with its slave ;-)