Times you really need a camera

Old January 17th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Times you really need a camera

I'm temporarily without a camera, and want to wait closer to our vacation,
or until the one i'd like goes on sale to replace the missing one. Even
then I won't be able to leave it lying around for candid shots. But this
afternoon, I sure would have loved to have one. I haven't even told Charlie
this because he would think I made it up and that I was losing it.

A normal, cold clear day. Kayla pushy and rambunctious as usual. Cats up
to their normal routine. Molly spent a while in front of the fire while
Kayla tried to teach her to throw or at least push the tennis ball off the
hassock. Some day she will get it. She took a shot at washing Molly's face
to, but Molly isn't quite up for that. But pretty smart doggie to get that
cats don't approve of butt sniffing, but do approve of face washing. And
Kayla is starting to learn that it is "no feet" for her when messing with
the cats. Just because they put their paws on her face, doesn't mean any of
us find the reverse acceptable.

About three pm I was sitting on the sofa. Kayla was sitting next to me,
being quiet while she digested her dinner. Molly came in, and rather than
jump up on the counter to check for food offerings, she jumped up on the
sofa and headbutted Kayla. Several times. Then rubbed up against her face.
It was priceless. And Kayla somehow seemed to know that this was a great
and rare honor. She stayed still and let it happen until Molly jumped down
to go about her business.

Jo

Old January 17th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

About three pm I was sitting on the sofa. Kayla was sitting next to me,
being quiet while she digested her dinner. Molly came in, and rather than
jump up on the counter to check for food offerings, she jumped up on the
sofa and headbutted Kayla. Several times. Then rubbed up against her face.
It was priceless. And Kayla somehow seemed to know that this was a great
and rare honor. She stayed still and let it happen until Molly jumped down
to go about her business.

Awww, how sweet! I see a trend where Molly is slowly, gradually
softening a bit in her relations with other family members.

Old January 17th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Awwwwwwwwwwww.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 17th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Awwwww. That is sooo sweet!

Old January 17th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Very clearly a Kodak moment.

Oh, Kodak does make disposable, single use camers for about six
or seven bucks. Also the F'brand does, too.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

et...

Old January 20th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jo Firey wrote:

snip
About three pm I was sitting on the sofa. Kayla was sitting next to me,
being quiet while she digested her dinner. Molly came in, and rather than
jump up on the counter to check for food offerings, she jumped up on the
sofa and headbutted Kayla. Several times. Then rubbed up against her face.
It was priceless. And Kayla somehow seemed to know that this was a great
and rare honor. She stayed still and let it happen until Molly jumped down
to go about her business.

Jo

What a great story! Thanks, Jo.
Best wishes,