OT You think you're having a bad day? BW

Old January 27th 04, 07:57 PM
John Biltz

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:36:14 -0800, Tanada wrote
(in message ):

When I was teaching ROTC at U of Wyoming we had a field trip up to and
around the Little Big Horn and the Battle of the Rosebud which took place
before Custer's fight with the same force that defeated Custer. We had
an Army Historian along who gave us all the details and background. The
Rosebud we toured on horseback, my only time on a horse. Then we
followed Custer's march to the Little Big Horn and toured the
Battlefield. It was a highlight of my ROTC time and something I will
never forget.

Kim Walters wrote:

You would like it up here (upstate NY/New England - once it is summer).
Driving along you see all the historical markers. I went on a
(archeological) dig for college credit about 10 years ago at a French and
Indian War site. I found a couple of Georges (second's IIRC) and what was
pouch of musket balls. My site was at a fire pit, so we also got a lot of
animal bones.

I'd love to tour New York and the New England states someday. I'd also
love to take part in an archeological dig, though my old bones are not
comfortable with the idea of landing on the ground.

There is a guy here in Hope Mills (right next to Fayetteville, North
Carolina) who goes to places where they're digging up the ground for
various kinds of construction and digs. He's found various relicts from
the Civil war era as there was a Southern army camped in that area
during the war, or at least that is my understanding. I should look
into the civil war history in this area more completely, as one of Rob's
ancestors, fought in the 19th Virginia Infantry, which was sent down to
fight in North Carolina. I'm sorry, I don't remember much about it, my
brain is mush today.

Pam S.

Old January 28th 04, 05:42 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Tanada
wrote:

snipped dyslexic, jumbled up manner. I need a hug.

Pam S. apologizing again.

{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}
Sam

Fanku

Pam S.

Belated {{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}}
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old January 28th 04, 06:38 PM
Tanada

SUQKRT wrote:

In article , Tanada
wrote:

snipped dyslexic, jumbled up manner. I need a hug.

Pam S. apologizing again.

{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}}
Sam

Fanku