Annual Greeting Card Exchange

Old September 4th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Annual Greeting Card Exchange

Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if you
wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange. Notifications
will be sent out shortly.

Yowie
Old September 17th 10, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

could you email me privately so i can see if i can participate this yer,
have no idea how to do it, Lee

Old September 18th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if you
wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange. Notifications
will be sent out shortly.

Yowie

I've never been welcomed on the list by a certain un named poster, so I
send cards to RPCC
Didn't get a lot out last year because of my seizure in late NOV.
Love
Kyla

Old September 18th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 17, 6:56*pm, "Mosey =^..^=" wrote:
Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if you
wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange. Notifications
will be sent out shortly.

Yowie

I've never been welcomed on the list by a certain un named poster, *so I
send cards to RPCC
Didn't get a lot out last year because of my seizure in late NOV.
Love
Kyla

Sigh. Kyla, you do this every year the card exchange topic is brought
up.
I just don't know why you do. . People have tried
to *gently* explain to you that there is no good end, ever, to
dragging
up old crap that happened two years ago. It starts trouble. It opens
up
old wounds. It hurts the newsgroup. It's even called baiting.
You could politely decline participation without getting personal and
slinging out an accusation. Please, please, take a moment before you
hit "send". You say you're all about love and peace. Try to look at
what you've
written and see how much "love and peace" is in it, and how much
is just an opportunity to rehash an old grudge that should be long
forgotten.
FTR, if you want to send Holiday cards to friends on this group, by
all
means, do so. It would not be that difficult to request addresses to
those
you'd like to send cards to, and create your own list. You have e-mail
friends, and friends on facebook too, no? There's a place to start.

Sherry
Old September 18th 10, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

sherrie,

I was thinking maybe a place to start healing would be for everyone who
might/might not have issues with someone on the group to make sure they were
on the list so we could all show a good faith effort at healing? what do
yu think? Lee

Old September 18th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_3_]

In article
,
Sherry wrote:

On Sep 17, 6:56*pm, "Mosey =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

I love you Kyla, but I have to agree. Baiting is bad for your blood
pressure anyway.

I don't really see why you can't both be on the list and ignore each
other's presence there, though, with no cards sent to each other and a
prompt deletion of each other on personally kept lists. This would be
best decided by those personally involved and Yowie, of course.

--
minnow ^..^

http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old September 18th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Due to impending financial obligations, Lily & I will be unable to be on the
Christmas card list this year. Hopefully we can re-join again soon. We will
be sending one holiday card to all our friends via e-mail.

God bless.

Lily & her mama

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Sep 4, 4:53 pm, Yowie wrote:
Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if you
wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange. Notifications
will be sent out shortly.
Yowie

I usually just ignore this annual call to organization but this time
hopitus
politely declines participation in same. Response is new, reason
remains constant through the years.
I am not a person who does holiday prep gracefully and successfully. I
am
talking RL here (always something gets skewed or omitted) and the last
thing
I need is to worry or get involved over what goes down at that time
*in here*.
Here is example of happy happenings last year at Hopitus Habitat: I
had hung
some of those *packaged* dried meat tubes on our tree as several
relatives
like them and were coming over for a gettogether next day. When I got
up that
am, found Snaggly happily snarfing down the last one (packaging gone
on all
of them) and when a 31# cat attacks a 4-foot tree (no the crash did
not wake me
up) bad stuff happens to the tree decor. Big mistake - the dried meat
sticks - on
my part, never to be repeated. No virtual horrors needed in addition
to RL fun.

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 19th 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Default I apologize Annual Greeting Card Exchange

I deeply apologize for not thinking when I posted that and I hope you will
find it in your hearts to forgive me.
I'm not on Facebook either, and again, I apologize deeply.
Love,
Kyla

Old September 19th 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 17/09/2010 3:58 PM, Storrmmee wrote:

wrote in message
Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if you
wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange. Notifications
will be sent out shortly.

could you email me privately so i can see if i can participate this yer,
have no idea how to do it, Lee

Its no secret (and yes, I'll e-mail you too).

What happens is that folks send me their street address, I compile them
into a list, and then I send out the big list to all the people on it by
November (there's usually a few versions of the list send out whilst we
get things sorted).

The only other thing you need to know is that I use a Yahoo group called
'felinitations' to manage the e-mail because it allows people to keep
their e-mail address private if they so wish. This Yahoo group does not
send spam, and only I can send messages to those subscribed to it. If
folks reply to a message from felinitations, that message only goes to me.

There's usually 30-50 people on the list. Most will send out cards, but
are under no obligation to do so, and nor are they under any obligation
to send out cards that pertain to a holiday centered around the December
solstice, or even send out cards in December (they can be sent at any
time during the year).

Some folks choose to nominate themselves as "receive only" so as to make
it clear to the rest of the folks that they are unable to send out all
the cards - this doesn't necessarily mean that they won't send out
*some* cards, or cards throughout the year, only that they feel unable
at the time to send out cards to all the folks on the 'regular' part of
the list in Holiday season.

They don't *have* to nominate themselves as 'receive only' - I am not
going to check up on whether you've sent the right number of cards or
not, but I feel its polite to let folks know that you'll be unable to
fully reciprocate - that way they can decide for themselves whether to
send a card not, as its usually 'understood' in card exchanges that if
you send a card to someone, that they will return the favour.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have,

Yowie
Old September 19th 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 18/09/2010 9:56 AM, Mosey =^..^= wrote:

Its September, so its time to check your details on Felinitations if
you wish to be included in this year's Greeting Card Exchange.
Notifications will be sent out shortly.

Yowie

I've never been welcomed on the list by a certain un named poster, so I
send cards to RPCC
Didn't get a lot out last year because of my seizure in late NOV.

I don't discriminate as to who is on and who is off the list. If you
wish to be on the RPCA list, all you have to do is say so and you will
be invited. However, no-one should feel obliged to join, and if you are
happy with the RPCC exchange, please don't feel the RPCA list is in any
way in competition with the RPCC exchange.

Yowie