OT You think you're having a bad day? BW

Old January 17th 04, 11:07 PM

John Biltz wrote:

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody.

Sounds like he's been dipping into his merchandise a bit too much...

Joyce
Old January 18th 04, 12:58 AM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Oh, I dunno, Pam...years ago, I saw a really charming movie about a pretty
Linda Fiorentino before she hit it big in movies and some good-looking
skinny hunk whose name I can't think of....it was about older woman/younger
man relationship and showed a lot of Spokane. I think the dude was involved
in wrestling contests but not sure....Spokane looked charming if a bit dull
compared to my locale here (remember lots of rain in movie). Was it called
"Vision Quest"? Anyway, I liked movie a lot and having never visited the
city, will probably always picture it as in that movie.....not a bad place
at all.

Yup, "Vision Quest" was filmed in and around Spokane. It was done
during the spring, if I remember correctly, which is rainy there.
However, that area averages about 13-15 inches of rain every year. I'd
moved to Idaho by that time, and was fascinated to see how they
portrayed Spokane. I can tell you, most of those places are not
connected the way they showed them as being.

Pam S.
Old January 18th 04, 01:32 AM
Yoj

That certainly goes high on the list of stupid crook tricks.

--
Joy

Life is what happens to you while you are planning to do something else.

"John Biltz" wrote in message
.net...
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 2:12:35 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody. The judge even
stopped him once and told him everything could be used against him in
court and he just kept going on.

John Biltz wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:14:54 -0800, Yoj wrote
(in message
):

I saw that on the news. The police didn't even arrest them.

Streaking is a childish prank which harks back many years; anyone

ever
notice the 1970's have landed again? ROFL

I doubt it should warrant an arrest, let alone the $$ to jail and

prosecute
them. Let's get the crack and coke dealers off the streets first.

Nobody
ever died from seeing some naked guys genitals flying past them in a
restaurant, unless of course, that was on the menu and wasn't

properly
cooked

Jill

Three men went through streaking through a Denny's restaurant in
Spokane, Washington. As they ran out the door, they saw their car
being driven away by a thief. They had left it running, for a

quick
getaway. They huddled behind cars, in 20 degree Fahrenheit

weather,
until the police arrived.

Old January 18th 04, 06:33 AM
Hopitus2

Well, Pam, I gotta admit movies of Spokane could (and you oughtta know)
portray it as somewhat other than true life. Many more movies, for instance,
show Miami and our local area as shown in Miami Vice (some local seedy
neighborhoods actually shown!), "Scarface" (we all live in huge pastel
mansions with 20-foot ceilings), and South Beach "live" videos (all the
scantily-clad bods are gorgeous - both sexes; and we're all driving
expensive sports cars). Much funnier than the false portrayals of Spokane
only because there are many more of them, no? And sillier.

"Tanada" wrote in message
:

Old January 18th 04, 07:31 PM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Well, Pam, I gotta admit movies of Spokane could (and you oughtta know)
portray it as somewhat other than true life. Many more movies, for instance,
show Miami and our local area as shown in Miami Vice (some local seedy
neighborhoods actually shown!), "Scarface" (we all live in huge pastel
mansions with 20-foot ceilings), and South Beach "live" videos (all the
scantily-clad bods are gorgeous - both sexes; and we're all driving
expensive sports cars). Much funnier than the false portrayals of Spokane
only because there are many more of them, no? And sillier.

I suspect that Miami has "more" to portray than Spokane, much as I love
the place. Seriously, I loved Spokane, it is a beautiful city, has it's
own personality, and has lovely old houses as well as newer housing. It
just doesn't have as much history as an older city like Miami does.

Pam S.
Old January 18th 04, 11:41 PM
Hopitus2

Miami's not as old, probably, as Spokane may be.....it was only at the turn
of the 20th century, about 1896 or so, that Henry Flagler, some rich old
dude, built and opened the railroad that led down the FL coast to Miami,
leading to settlement there nearby a large swamp. I believe Palm Beach area
may be somewhat older and was definitely farther from the swamp in those
days; also Tampa, where several of our rpca posters reside, may be much
older than Palm Beach.

"Tanada" wrote in message
:

Old January 20th 04, 03:27 AM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Miami's not as old, probably, as Spokane may be.....it was only at the turn
of the 20th century, about 1896 or so, that Henry Flagler, some rich old
dude, built and opened the railroad that led down the FL coast to Miami,
leading to settlement there nearby a large swamp. I believe Palm Beach area
may be somewhat older and was definitely farther from the swamp in those
days; also Tampa, where several of our rpca posters reside, may be much
older than Palm Beach.

Spokane is a little older than Miami, but, probably, not by much. I
can't remember the whole history of the area, but Spokane was founded
before Washington became a state in 1889. Before that, it was an indian
encampment for wandering Spokane Indians who fished the falls for salmon
and other snackies. I haven't read local history for that area for a
long time, and Rob's memory problems seem to be contagious.

Pam S.
Old January 23rd 04, 08:02 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Tanada
wrote:

Hopitus2 wrote:

[...]

Tak & I have you beat Massachusetts has been settled since the 1600's. St
Augestine Fl. has been settled a bit longer. And has better waether. We're back
in the deep freeze in Mass. again.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old January 23rd 04, 08:25 PM
David Stevenson

SUQKRT wrote

Tak & I have you beat Massachusetts has been settled since the 1600's.

Hehehe. Not very long, eh?

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old January 23rd 04, 09:28 PM
Hopitus2

Now, David, you know how we colonists like to one-up each other as to how
long it's been since we left our mother country. You have the good fortune
to live in one of the mother countries that a major portion of us Merkins
originated from (hence, for one, the language we speak here [ok, ok, it's
not the King's English]). Leave us to our prattling...as you can see, we're
not hip with history here either, just the major events.
And south FL bows to Mass. for longevity of statehood, never mind
settlement. When Paul Revere was doing his thing up there, we were all
alligators down here (also minus the SoBe nightlife).

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
: SUQKRT wrote
:
: Tak & I have you beat Massachusetts has been settled since the 1600's.
:
: Hehehe. Not very long, eh?
:
: --